violet18ac3

Just called HCM and got an interview date

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrat to all and me. :thumbs: Just got my date also . May 6,08... :dance::dance::dance: Does anyone know what they need from the petitioner?How far back do they want on the paystub? Bank statements and bills ???

Thanks all :star:

I just got off the phone and our interview date is May 12th. One month behind everyone else in here, but we'll eventually get there. :dance::dance:

" Good Luck and Thank you to all "

Timeline

If you are above the 125% of the poverty line, then I dont think they need assets or bank account balances.

Provide the past month of paystubs, and the last year or 2 of taxes (they only require 1 year)/ Dont forget to notarize the I-134.

Any evidence of your ongoing relationship.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline

Vietnam07

Congrats on getting your interview date. :thumbs:

The HCMC Consulate is mostly interested in income and likes tax tanscripts from the IRS for the current tax year. Right now that means 2006 for them. However with your interview in May, they may want to see your 2007 1040, pay stubs ,etc as that will be the current year. The IRS can't give you tax transcipts for 2007 until July according to a couple of posts on VJ. I would suggest to have both ready years available, it's your call as to which to submit with your I-134.

As Bill said, if you are 125% above the poverty line for your family size (2 people is $17,500), then you don't have to include anything besides proof of income. Just make sure to include all the other documents they ask for in the Packet 4 letter such as employment letter. If you think it would help you can also bring your bank statements and letters but according to our I-134 instructions they're not required but could be helpful depending on your case. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully, ie get your I-134 notarized, have enough evidence organized by dates, etc.

Good Luck!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Vietnam07

Congrats on getting your interview date. :thumbs:

The HCMC Consulate is mostly interested in income and likes tax tanscripts from the IRS for the current tax year. Right now that means 2006 for them. However with your interview in May, they may want to see your 2007 1040, pay stubs ,etc as that will be the current year. The IRS can't give you tax transcipts for 2007 until July according to a couple of posts on VJ. I would suggest to have both ready years available, it's your call as to which to submit with your I-134.

I just got my 2007 transcript in the mail a little over a week ago. Now, it wasn't a line-by-line transcript, but it clearly showed that I had actually filed the 2007 return, What my gross income is, and how much tax I had to pay. I just called and ordered that by an automated system, and it came in less than a week, free of charge.

Timeline
I just got my 2007 transcript in the mail a little over a week ago. Now, it wasn't a line-by-line transcript, but it clearly showed that I had actually filed the 2007 return, What my gross income is, and how much tax I had to pay. I just called and ordered that by an automated system, and it came in less than a week, free of charge.

I guess you sent in your 2007 taxes a while ago. :) I'm finishing mine today....... :( My 2006 account transcript only showed the gross, taxes, paid, etc. I submitted the tax return transcript which was line by line because I am self imployed. I also included my 1040 for 2006 as well, just in case. Thi's I-134 instructions said to submit an "IRS complete tax transcript for the current year". I don't know if that means they want account transcript or return transcript. I ordered both from the IRS and they came within a week but in two different envelopes.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Heck yes I sent my taxes in a while ago! I got a pretty hefty refund, and thank goodness for that, since I for sure won't be able to work before I head to VN.

Back on point, I was told by my Stateside lawyer that the purpose of the transcript is to act as a sort of receipt that the tax return was actually filed and taxes were actually paid on that SS number. Theoretically, I suppose, a person could submit a tax return to the consulate which was never actually filed. I would interpret that to mean that the account transcript is just fine. I'll be bringing my W2s in addition. I figure it couldn't hurt.

In any case, I actually WANT them to see my 2007 return, because 2004-06 were married filing joint. My divorce decree wasn't issued until June 5, 2007 even though we had decided to divorce and separate our money about a year earlier.

Good luck with the tax return, Peter. I was so happy this year about my tax return. No Schedule C, no depreciation to figure, no Self-Employment tax (that was the ex-wife's law firm)! Just a few traveling and work expenses. On the other hand, NO mortgage interest deduction, and NO dependent exemptions. Ah, well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.