Panki

I-864 and DS230 Docs // Updates of Requirements

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Folks,

I will be receiving the Packet from NVC so I have all ( I think ) docs in place. Can I get some review and comments on the items I have ready for each 1) I-864 adn 2) DS-230

I-864 Process

Employer Letter

Pay Stubs (2 months)

IRS Transcripts (Original from IRS for 3 years)

W-2 Forms (3 Years)

Naturalization Certificate

DS-230 Process

DS-230 FORM (Signed Part I)

Marriage Certificate Original

Affidavit of Support in Lieu of Birth Certificate – Parents / Original

Affidavit of Support in Lieu of Birth Certificate – Uncle / Original

Affidavit of Support in Lieu of Birth Certificate – Grandfather / Original

Police Certificate – Home City / Original

Police Certificate – Passport City (Lucknow, UP) / Original

Passport Copy of all Bio Pages – Each Page Notarized

Photos (2 with Name and Case Numbers on Back)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT SOMETHING! APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK IN ADVANCE!

Have a great week!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Panki,

For I-864, you need to have 125% income of poverty guideline.

You don't need W-2 forms if you are providing IRS transcripts. They are needed only if providing photocopies of tax forms.

Only Federal tax returns are needed. No State Tax returns.

You don't need pay stubs (2 months) if your Employer Letter is recent and your pay history for 3 years as shown by tax transcript is similar (with only minor year over year fluctuations). If your pay recently got higher (because of completion of college), you may want to show the Pay Stubs. Otherwise, they are not required evidence.

You WILL need 2007 tax record with W-2 forms, though, as transcripts for 2007 will not be available until after June 2008 (?). In this case, you will not need 2004 transcript, even if you have collected it. In any case, the most important evidence is the income you have in the year you file I-864 and not other years.

DS-230 Part II also needs to be filled out, but do NOT sign it.

From Lucknow, you will not get PCC (unless you lived there), but Regional Passport Office clearance. That can be given only after you collect your local PCC.

Passport copies do not need to be notarized. In fact, I don't recall if anything needs to be notarized. So, save some hassle and expense.

Hope this helps you and others.

Sanjiv Patel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.