soy224cpa

Adjustment of STatus /Reentry Permit

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there,

we(me and my son) will be going to America very soon, am just still processing for my retirement/resignation papers here in the Philippines . And this mid of May is our schedule of joining my fiance. We will be having our wedding this end of May. (L)

I have a concerns, hope you can share me your ideas . As a rule, after the wedding we have to file for Adjustment of Status. and all other application like Travel Parole or Reentry Permit, Authority to Work and others as the case may be. My concern is about the Reentry permit. With my son as a K2 we will also file for an adjustment of status and would also file for a Reentry Permit because he will be going back to the Philippines to pursue his college education. My question is this :

Can he go out from the STates right after the filing the of the Adjustment of Status, without yet the approval of the Reentry Permit and the the approval also of the Adjustment of Status? Is his presense needed in the interview for this adjustment status considering that he is still minor? I am so confused :help: on this process, pls do share me your experiences and ideas, its very much appreciated. Thanks so much and may God richly bless us....... :)

soy (F)

Timeline
Hi there,

we(me and my son) will be going to America very soon, am just still processing for my retirement/resignation papers here in the Philippines . And this mid of May is our schedule of joining my fiance. We will be having our wedding this end of May. (L)

I have a concerns, hope you can share me your ideas . As a rule, after the wedding we have to file for Adjustment of Status. and all other application like Travel Parole or Reentry Permit, Authority to Work and others as the case may be. My concern is about the Reentry permit. With my son as a K2 we will also file for an adjustment of status and would also file for a Reentry Permit because he will be going back to the Philippines to pursue his college education. My question is this :

Can he go out from the STates right after the filing the of the Adjustment of Status, without yet the approval of the Reentry Permit and the the approval also of the Adjustment of Status? Is his presense needed in the interview for this adjustment status considering that he is still minor? I am so confused :help: on this process, pls do share me your experiences and ideas, its very much appreciated. Thanks so much and may God richly bless us....... :)

soy (F)

DO NOT TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE US without the advance parole! you will have a problem going back to the states if you do this.

it will take a couple more months for you to receive the advance parole document after you mail in your adjustment of status paper. re-entry permit is needed after you get your greencard, so you dont need re-entry if you dont have your greencard yet.

I also suggest you apply for the adjustment of status, employment authorization and advance parole TOGETHER so you wont have to mail them separately and you wont have to pay additional fees. if you file them together, you will only pay for the adjustment of status fee.

Good luck!

Timeline
Hi there,

soy (F)

DO NOT TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE US without the advance parole! you will have a problem going back to the states if you do this.

it will take a couple more months for you to receive the advance parole document after you mail in your adjustment of status paper. re-entry permit is needed after you get your greencard, so you dont need re-entry if you dont have your greencard yet.

I also suggest you apply for the adjustment of status, employment authorization and advance parole TOGETHER so you wont have to mail them separately and you wont have to pay additional fees. if you file them together, you will only pay for the adjustment of status fee.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the sharing your ideas......Very well appreciated. God bless.....

susan

Timeline
Hi there,

soy (F)

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the sharing your ideas......Very well appreciated. God bless.....

susan

Hello Bookie,

just a verification. Are you sure that i will not incur additional fees if i have to file 1. Employment Authorization and 2. Advance Parole together with the ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS? As far as i know they have a separate fees for each application, another fees for AOS PLUS THE BIOMETRIC FEE, another fee for Employment Authorization and another fee for Advance Parole, . SINCE I ALSO INCLUDE MY SON, SO IT MEANS THAT EACH ONE OF US WILL HAVE TO PAY. PLS CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

Do you think its proper for us to get a plain ticket round (for my son), our wedding will be on May 31, 2008. and probably after having our honeymoon for a week, we will submit immediately our AOS APPLICATION. My SON'S SUPPOSEDLY RETURN FLIGHT BACK TO THE PHILS. IS ON SEPT, 2008. IS THIS REALISTIC? :help: I NEED SOMEBODY'S HELP.....

THANKS AND GOD BLESS TO ALL.

SOY

Joe and I issued just one check for the whole AOS package which included the I-485 and the EAD application. I can't say much about the Advance Parole because I didn't want to apply for it. Yes, all these 3 applications are incorporated in the $1,010.00 payment for the AOS process. For you and your son, there will be two applications and two payments.

Just my opinion, don't make any travel arrangements , let alone buy a plane ticket for your son until he obtains his green card.

Goodluck!!

Myla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline
Joe and I issued just one check for the whole AOS package which included the I-485 and the EAD application. I can't say much about the Advance Parole because I didn't want to apply for it. Yes, all these 3 applications are incorporated in the $1,010.00 payment for the AOS process. For you and your son, there will be two applications and two payments.

Just my opinion, don't make any travel arrangements , let alone buy a plane ticket for your son until he obtains his green card.

Goodluck!!

Myla

Hi Myla/JOm,

thanks so much, your opinion and advice is properly noted...... hope and pray that you are all well..

God bless.

soy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.