Riccar08

Will you go for medical and iterview alone?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will you go for medical and iterview alone, or will you take someone with you?

My fiance will take her brother with her to Manila. She will not go by herself, if

her brother does not go with her.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

NVC Left : 2008-03-26

Consulate Received : 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-18 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-06-28

US Entry : 2008-07-16

Marriage : 2008-08-21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance will take her brother with her to Manila. She will not go by herself, if

At ST.LUKES i believe the applicant is the only one who can go inside same thing with her interview at US Embassy in Manila.She can tell her brother to wait her at the mall Robinson's place so he won't get bored,this is just few steps away from St.Lukes and US embassy.

At ST.LUKES i believe the applicant is the only one who can go inside same thing with her interview at US Embassy in Manila.She can tell her brother to wait her at the mall Robinson's place so he won't get bored,this is just few steps away from St.Lukes and US embassy.

hi are u sure that companion is not allowed inside? coz my fiance is with me tomorrow and he is not familiar with the place, I don't want him to wait outside or anywhere :(

Timeline

yep! a friend of mine had her medical before her brother went home after they didnt allow him to get inside St.Lukes.

U can tell the guard about that,he might be considerate with your situation since your fiance is not familiar in Manila.

hi are u sure that companion is not allowed inside? coz my fiance is with me tomorrow and he is not familiar with the place, I don't want him to wait outside or anywhere :(

Yes, unless the applicant is a minor or an elderly but even being the latter is not a guarantee. I remember I had to help this elderly woman in filling up her forms during my medical because she was by herself. I am not sure though about the fiance being allowed inside St. Lukes, for sure they are allowed inside the US Embassy during your interview.

I was by myself during the entire process ( medical and interview)

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know she is allowed in the USE and St. Lukes by herself only. That is not what I asked.

"Will you go for medical and iterview alone, or will you take someone with you?

her brother does not go with her. "

Edited by feldz23

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

NVC Left : 2008-03-26

Consulate Received : 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-18 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-06-28

US Entry : 2008-07-16

Marriage : 2008-08-21

Timeline
I know she is allowed in the USE and St. Lukes by herself only. That is not what I asked.

"Will you go for medical and iterview alone, or will you take someone with you?

her brother does not go with her. "

Yes she will be alone during her medical exam and interview in Manila.

Companions are not allowed inside St.Lukes due .In US embassy

her brother is not allowed to be with her inside as well,US embassy is pretty strict about that.

Edited by mayumi_anthony

A company is only allowed under special circumstances i.e. the applicant's injured or having a hard time getting around by herself/himself. In my case, I was able to bring my sister and niece inside the premises of St. Lukes because the guard thought my niece is a K-2 and my sister's my mother. :blush: The second day of medical, I didn't bring them with me anymore. As for my interview, my sister and niece are both waiting for me at Bayview since they are not allowed to go inside USEM. Fiance/petitioner is allowed inside the embassy, just show the passport as proof of identity.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

not sure if USEM has their new regulations but during my interview of May 2007, I saw a few girls with their foreign fiance'/husband going with them during the interview. St. Luke's don't allow companion unless its a special case that needs an assistance. But I flew to Manila (I was from Cebu) and done all the stuff all by myself. It was my first time to fly and my first time in manila. I had fun!

Edited by sweetpink

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

personally i went there with my mom during my med exam knowing i dont know where st.lukes is and that manila just freaks me out heheh... mom was there to help me and guard me and havin fun in the mall...

but during my interview since my husband and i has been to bayview already and its just in front of the embassy, i went there alone (save some ticket and all)... from the airport i just went straight to the hotel, no roaming around manila whatsoever... and that it made me become more independent in a way...

just that when were at the airport somebody approached me if im heading straight to the WOWOWEE show :blink: and i was like, huh??? then she explained that she thought i was one of the cast in the show :rofl: lol... i just told her, sorry but nope im heading to roxas ave... mom and i were just laughing out loud...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

At USEM: They allow petitioner to accompany the applicant and may allow company for those elderly or minor applicants. The petitioner just need to show his/her passport to enter USEM premises.

At SLEC: They don't usually allow anyone to accompany the applicants. I remember one who is a 70+ year old applicant and my friend had to help her with the forms and going to all the steps/process inside SLEC. They may allow a company for those with special needs and that includes minors and elderly as well. There are some foreigners that were also allowed entry to SLEC with the applicant.

I went alone to my medical exam at SLEC and my husband accompanied me during my interview.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline

It depends on the guard there if its ok for him bec. during my medical w/ my mom. She asked the guard if she can go inside & he said ok but my mom is only waiting for me in the ground floor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.