ammike

How much would cost if my U.S fiance will call the USEmbassy in Manila????

15 posts in this topic

Pls.. i need some infos..

Help me... ASAP

Its going to be better to tell your fiance to buy a five dollar phone card and use it to call Philippines. That is what I did and am sure its going to be fine.. Gud luck..!

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Help me... ASAP

It will cost $18 US to call and schedule the interview. The fee will allow three calls and some people have called more often than that with the same pin.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Help me... ASAP

It will cost $18 US to call and schedule the interview. The fee will allow three calls and some people have called more often than that with the same pin.

I've called about 6 times with the same pin.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
If she is using a prepaid phone,i think a 300 worth of air time would be good.

To call the USEM,you should use a postpaid phone and not a prepaid one.another thing,operators from the US embassy is trained to talk slowly so she better be upfront and state her reason for calling.if she dont have a direct dial service,she will have to use the assitance of pldt operator(109/108),she can inform the operator to call her back for the time and charges so she'll know how much will she pay for that call.

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

01/04/2007 - Met my Fiance on MySpace.com

05/04-12/2007 - First visit

07/16/2007 - Pre - Trial hearing

10/05/2007 - First hearing

01/11/2008 - Decision granted

02/13/2008 - Court released the finality

02/22/2008 - Sent my fiance all the docs needed to file for a K-1

03/12/2008 - Received the docs that i sent him

03/13/2008 - I129F sent to CSC

03/14/2008 - I129F delivered at CSC signed for by E.Galindo at 11:10AM

03/20/2008 - Check cashed

03/21/2008 - NOA1 received thru mail

3LITRNoT3D_3tsZokYfsalAky26jxC9h.jpg

4389.gif

4407.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

To call the USEM,you should use a postpaid phone and not a prepaid one.another thing,operators from the US embassy is trained to talk slowly so she better be upfront and state her reason for calling.if she dont have a direct dial service,she will have to use the assitance of pldt operator(109/108),she can inform the operator to call her back for the time and charges so she'll know how much will she pay for that call.

a prepaid cellphone can call USEM, even the USCIS hotline. not only postpaid can call those numbers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi ammike,

I believe it costs 53 pesos per minute if you will be the one to call the US embassy, but if your fiance will call, they will be charged $18 and that is good for 3 calls already and he will be given a PIN. He can pay for it via credit card. If you decide to call USEM by yourself, your phone must be an IDD/NDD, one that has direct international dialing services. I've tried calling USEM on my cellphone because my cellphone is postpaid, it doesn't work. So better call through landline.

Do you have an interview appointment schedule already? Good luck!

Timeline

a prepaid cellphone can call USEM, even the USCIS hotline. not only postpaid can call those numbers.

really?have you tried it?i used to work in pldt for so many years and we were the ones who connect to USEM once the subscribers asked for our assistance,and just a few days ago,i talked to my former co worker and she said you can still not use prepaid cards and cellphones when dialling the USEM number,but if you have recently contacted them using your cellphone and other prepaid cards then that'll be good.

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

4389.gif

4407.gif

Timeline

really?have you tried it?i used to work in pldt for so many years and we were the ones who connect to USEM once the subscribers asked for our assistance,and just a few days ago,i talked to my former co worker and she said you can still not use prepaid cards and cellphones when dialling the USEM number,but if you have recently contacted them using your cellphone and other prepaid cards then that'll be good.

Yep, I've tried it. I tried to call USEM on my cellphone because my cellphone is postpaid, registered under Smart telecommunications, and it doesnt work at all. I couldnt contact them, but when I dialed on our landline, I was able to. So I guess cellphones dont work. I was really surprised when I couldnt contact USEM because I have even called the US on my cellphone and it works, so I dont know why it doesnt when I tried to call USEM.

Timeline

Yep, I've tried it. I tried to call USEM on my cellphone because my cellphone is postpaid, registered under Smart telecommunications, and it doesnt work at all. I couldnt contact them, but when I dialed on our landline, I was able to. So I guess cellphones dont work. I was really surprised when I couldnt contact USEM because I have even called the US on my cellphone and it works, so I dont know why it doesnt when I tried to call USEM.

Yes,here in the Philippines,you cant call USEM by simply using prepaid cards not even a prepaid phones because that is considered an overseas call,you've got to have a DDD(DIrect Distance Dialing) to call it or call the operator's assistance for them to dial it for you but using the operator will cost you too much since you have to pay for a Vat plus more than 50pesos per minute plus surcharge.If the OP's fiancee doesnt have a direct dial at home,she can always go to any pldt business office and call there.as for my estimation,she'll be needing less than $70 to make a call,so i guess it will be cheaper if the call will be coming from the US.just my opinion.

4389.gif

4407.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive called probably at least 5 to 7 times with the same pin. As far as I know it doesnt expire but im not sure. They do talk really slow there and phenitically spell everything which can get old. I do think it is a good service though at least from my experience. This is the only part of this whole k1 process where the operators can give reall answers to your questions unlike the USCIS operators.

Timeline
Ive called probably at least 5 to 7 times with the same pin. As far as I know it doesnt expire but im not sure. They do talk really slow there and phenitically spell everything which can get old. I do think it is a good service though at least from my experience. This is the only part of this whole k1 process where the operators can give reall answers to your questions unlike the USCIS operators.

it's nice that you were the one who called coz it's cheaper than calling from here.yes,USEM operators were trained to talk slowly to make you stay longer and accumulate more minutes :P

good luck on your journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello beauty our papers is on its way to the philippines now and maybe nextweek my Fiance will call to USE to sched my interview date. ..

Goodluck to us!!

^__^

Hi ammike,

I believe it costs 53 pesos per minute if you will be the one to call the US embassy, but if your fiance will call, they will be charged $18 and that is good for 3 calls already and he will be given a PIN. He can pay for it via credit card. If you decide to call USEM by yourself, your phone must be an IDD/NDD, one that has direct international dialing services. I've tried calling USEM on my cellphone because my cellphone is postpaid, it doesn't work. So better call through landline.

Do you have an interview appointment schedule already? Good luck!

dancing-2.gifDSCN0582-1.jpgdancing-2.gif

thweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gifthweregettingmarried.gif

butterflies.gifbutterflies.gif

-a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e- -a m m i k e-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.