mary_rose

FILING OF CRBA FOR A CHILD BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK W/ A U.S. CITIZEN FATHER

24 posts in this topic

1. yes, it is possible.

2. just follow all the requirements in applying crba.

3. bring all documents that can prove that the guy is supporting your child. documents that prove that the guy went in the philippines like a copy of his arrival stamp and departure stamp that can be found in his passport.

4. most likely, you will be requested to have your child a dna test.

5. if she will be granted a crba and us passport, you have to register her in philippine immigration in intramuros and you will have to pay annually for her stay in the philippines.

hmmmm #5 no true... My daughter never had to pay annually she was born in the PI so she is a citizen of the PI. She also had her CRBA and US passport when she was four mo. old, living in the PI. She is a dual citizen at that age, that is she hold a PI passport and a US passport, my wife and daughter enter the US Aug. 25 2009

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Btw,about the DNA test.The Consul will only request for that if he/she is not satisfy on the documents u will submit.Most likely,they want more proof of relationship of parents prior to the conception of the baby.So much better,send all the proofs u have.

Relationship is a very small part of the interview they never ask for pictures or looked at the one‘s I submitted. The mother has no part in the CRBA only the US parent and child read my post.

Consular Report Of Birth Abroad U.S. Embassy In Manila

we paid for my son's stay in the philippines maybe because he doesn't have a PI passport. actually, i really don't the reason. =)

1. yes, it is possible.

3. bring all documents that can prove that the guy is supporting your child. documents that prove that the guy went in the philippines like a copy of his arrival stamp and departure stamp that can be found in his passport.

5. if she will be granted a crba and us passport, you have to register her in philippine immigration in intramuros and you will have to pay annually for her stay in the philippines.

hmmmm #5 no true... My daughter never had to pay annually she was born in the PI so she is a citizen of the PI. She also had her CRBA and US passport when she was four mo. old, living in the PI. She is a dual citizen at that age, that is she hold a PI passport and a US passport, my wife and daughter enter the US Aug. 25 2009

we paid for my son's stay in the philippines maybe because he doesn't have a PI passport. actually, i really don't the reason. =)

1. yes, it is possible.

That is the reason why you had to pay, to bad you did not get the PI passport for 750 P(cheaper then the fee you paid) your child would not have to pay the fee‘s. If I was you, I would look into getting the child a PI passport that way if you ever go back to visit the child will not be subject to a PI visa.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi:

My wife and I just had an unusual experience applying for our CRBA. We met for the first time in May 2008 (been chatting since Oct 2006), got preggy that trip, married in August 2008, applied for I-130 Jan 09, Baby born Feb 2009 Applied for CRBA in July 2009, just had CRBA interview Sept 3.

Our application was perfect. We submitted lots of doctor records, baby was boirn within 2 days of due date, baby was definitely conceived during my trip, baby looks very american, etc. Unfortunately, I could not attend the interview as our I-130 interview is Sept 28, and I will be at that interview.

The CO asked for proof of our relationship prior to conception and he rejected our birth certificate from NSO. so - we submitted a new birth certificate and as much documentation of our relationship as we had prior to May 2008. We had some letters my wife sent me via postal service with postmarks (12/2007 birthday letter/card, 2/2008 valentine card+letter) a few emails and some myspace messages, a plane ticket i bought my wife to visit her parents in 10/;2007 + email, and some phone records. However, neither of us started logging our chat sessions till about 3 months after conception and we did almost all of our communication thru yahoo chat and phone.

Does this seem like enough pre-conception evidence ???

If they ask for a DNA test, how long does it take ??? My wife is scheduled to come to usa in October 2009.

Thank you,

Dolly n Hoot

I-130 USCIS CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

08/18/2008 - Marriage

01/27/2009 - I-130 Sent

02/06/2009 - I-130 NOA1

02/12/2009 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

02/15/2009 - I-129F Sent

02/16/2009 - Our Baby Boy is born !!!

02/23/2009 - I-129F NOA1

03/16/2009 - I-130 Touch

04/24/2009 - I-129F NOA2 Approved

04/24/2009 - I-130 NOA2 Approved

04/30/2009 - I-129F Forwarded to Manila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DUAL CITIZENSHIP

RA 9225 schedule of charges:

Application fee Php 2,500.00

Express Lane Fee Php 500.00

Total Php 3,000.00

Recognition schedule of charges:

Application fee Php1,000.00

Identification Certificate Php 3,000.00

Service Fee Php 5,000.00

Legal Research Fee Php 30.00

Express Lane Fee Php 500.00

BI-Clearance Php 1,010.00

Total Php 10,540.00

Edited by heis

h E i s *

• 1 month later...
HI TO ALL! I REALLY NEED SOME ANWERS TO MY QUESTIONS...IM ANN FROM LIVING HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, I HAVE A CHATMATE FROM THE U.S. A FILIPINO U.S. NAVY, HE WENT HERE MAY 5, 2005 AND STAYED FOR 1 MONTH...WE STAYED TOGETHER AND HE FILED FOR FIANCE VISA BUT IT WAS DENIED...WHEN HE WENT BACK TO THE U.S. I DISCOVERD I WAS PREGNANT..SINCE THEN HE IS SUPPORTING ME UNTIL NOW(FINANCIALLY)..BUT HE IS MARRIED NOW TO ANOTHER WOMAN( U KNOW NAVY MEN!)...NOW, WE STILL COMMUNICATE AND HE WANTED TO GET A CRBA FOR OUR CHILD...OUR BABY WAS BORN JANUARY 17 2006...HE NEVER SAW THE BABY INPERSON BUT HE SAW THE PICTURES AND I MAILED HIM THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE..HE SIGNED THE B.C. AND NOTARIZED IT...THEN MAILED IT BACK TO ME...THE BABY IS CARRYING HIS FAMILY NAME...HIS PARENTS ( U.S. CITIZEN TOO) VISITED THEIR GRANDCHILD HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..AFTER THAT VISIT OF HIS PARENTS HE STARTED COMMUNICATING WITH ME AND WE AGREED THAT WE WILL FILE FOR CRBA..HE MAILED ME THE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING HIS U.S. PASSPORT...MY QUESTIONS ARE

1.) IS IT POSSIBLE TO FILE FOR CRBA IN OUR CASE? EVEN WE ARE NOT MARRIED AND NOW HE IS MARRIED TO OTHER WOMAN?

2.) IS HIS MARRIAGE LICENSE NEEDED ALSO IN D REQUIREMENTS EVEN WER NOT D ONE MARRIED?

3.) DO I NEED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TOO? HE WAS BORN HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..(ALL HE HAS FOR PROOF OF U..S CITIZENSHIP IS HIS U.S PASSPORT IS IT ENOUGH? AND HIS PAPERS IN THE U.S. NAVY..

4.) IS IT OK THAT MY DAUGHTER AND HIS FATHER HAVNT MET INPERSON ONLY IN PICTURES AND IN WEBCAM? BUT HIS PARENTS SAW MY DAUGHTER..THEY HAVE PICTURE 2GETHER...

5.) IS IT OK THAT AT THE TIME MY BABY WAS BORN HIS FATHER WAS IN THE U.S.?

I KEPT ALL OUR EMAILS BEFORE ALL PROOFS OF OUR RELATIONSHIPS I KNOW IT S NEEDED..

6.) U THINK OUR DAUGHTER WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE? TO HAVE CRBA?

7.) AND IF HE IS A U.S. CITIZEN ALREADY DOES SHE NEEDS TO PAY SOME TAXES OR NOT?

THANKS TO ALL HOPE U WILL REPLY TO ME...NEED HELP! Godbless!!

Embassy of the United States of America, Manila: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

You as the U.S. Citizen must read this link, If your documentation is poor you will be ask to submit DNA testing: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#dna

U.S. Passport Application Form: http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html

Application For Consular Report Of Birth Abroad Of A Citizen Of The United States

Americahttp://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#Report

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD OF A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfinst.pdf

This was my experience with the process at the US Embassy in Manila.

I recommend that the US Parent be at the interview. Both my wife and I was present .

Application are accommodated by appointment only. When I was in the PI I did mine as a drop in case with my daughter because of time constraint and got the interview four days later. Can’t say that it will work for everyone.

9) of instructions, is what seems to be the main emphasis and area of concern and investigation.

One thing for you to be concerned is For out of wedlock children But I must emphasize all of the documentary evidence on part 9

For me the main things they looked at was physical presence in the same location at applicant’s time of conception, ultrasound and pre-natal care records, they never ask for pictures or looked at the one‘s I submitted.” but never say never”

They talked a lot about DNA and my case was bullet proof so just be prepared.

Don’t forget you have to bring the child with you they want to see him/her.

This is my list of documents that I submitted to the US embassy in Manila for CRBA.

DS-2029 with 2”x 2” full face passport photo. (child)

NSO true copy birth Cert. (child)

Passport application. (child)

Proof of parent US citizenship.

1) US passport.

2) True copy of live birth cert. with original seal of vital records office. A must have!

3)High School transcript ..(Yeah funny, but I’ll tell you more about it later it’s not a joke)

4)True copy of NSO Marriage cert.

5) Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception. Airline tickets, copy of visa stamps.

6) Proof of mothers pregnancy, ultrasound, pre-natal records, hospital billing statements, and pictures.

Now about the school transcript you as a US citizen have to prove you are a citizen, you have to show that you have been living in the US for 5 years in a row….. They will not take your tax returns as proof, I can tell you why but I don’t want to write a small book about it. When you give them your school transcript they take them with out a word…Had her US passport and CRBA cert. in about 10 days at my wife’s home. PI.

Good Luck!

• 9 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=1731344:date=Apr 7 2008, 08:18 AM:name=anna_reagab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anna_reagab @ Apr 7 2008, 08:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1731344"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->HI TO ALL! I REALLY NEED SOME ANWERS TO MY QUESTIONS...IM ANN FROM LIVING HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, I HAVE A CHATMATE FROM THE U.S. A FILIPINO U.S. NAVY, HE WENT HERE MAY 5, 2005 AND STAYED FOR 1 MONTH...WE STAYED TOGETHER AND HE FILED FOR FIANCE VISA BUT IT WAS DENIED...WHEN HE WENT BACK TO THE U.S. I DISCOVERD I WAS PREGNANT..SINCE THEN HE IS SUPPORTING ME UNTIL NOW(FINANCIALLY)..BUT HE IS MARRIED NOW TO ANOTHER WOMAN( U KNOW NAVY MEN!)...NOW, WE STILL COMMUNICATE AND HE WANTED TO GET A CRBA FOR OUR CHILD...OUR BABY WAS BORN JANUARY 17 2006...HE NEVER SAW THE BABY INPERSON BUT HE SAW THE PICTURES AND I MAILED HIM THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE..HE SIGNED THE B.C. AND NOTARIZED IT...THEN MAILED IT BACK TO ME...THE BABY IS CARRYING HIS FAMILY NAME...HIS PARENTS ( U.S. CITIZEN TOO) VISITED THEIR GRANDCHILD HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..AFTER THAT VISIT OF HIS PARENTS HE STARTED COMMUNICATING WITH ME AND WE AGREED THAT WE WILL FILE FOR CRBA..HE MAILED ME THE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING HIS U.S. PASSPORT...MY QUESTIONS ARE

1.) IS IT POSSIBLE TO FILE FOR CRBA IN OUR CASE? EVEN WE ARE NOT MARRIED AND NOW HE IS MARRIED TO OTHER WOMAN?

2.) IS HIS MARRIAGE LICENSE NEEDED ALSO IN D REQUIREMENTS EVEN WER NOT D ONE MARRIED?

3.) DO I NEED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TOO? HE WAS BORN HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..(ALL HE HAS FOR PROOF OF U..S CITIZENSHIP IS HIS U.S PASSPORT IS IT ENOUGH? AND HIS PAPERS IN THE U.S. NAVY..

4.) IS IT OK THAT MY DAUGHTER AND HIS FATHER HAVNT MET INPERSON ONLY IN PICTURES AND IN WEBCAM? BUT HIS PARENTS SAW MY DAUGHTER..THEY HAVE PICTURE 2GETHER...

5.) IS IT OK THAT AT THE TIME MY BABY WAS BORN HIS FATHER WAS IN THE U.S.?

I KEPT ALL OUR EMAILS BEFORE ALL PROOFS OF OUR RELATIONSHIPS I KNOW IT S NEEDED..

6.) U THINK OUR DAUGHTER WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE? TO HAVE CRBA?

7.) AND IF HE IS A U.S. CITIZEN ALREADY DOES SHE NEEDS TO PAY SOME TAXES OR NOT?

THANKS TO ALL HOPE U WILL REPLY TO ME...NEED HELP! Godbless!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Embassy of the United States of America, Manila: <a href="http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html" target="_blank">http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html</a>

You as the U.S. Citizen must read this link, If your documentation is poor you will be ask to submit DNA testing: <a href="http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#dna" target="_blank">http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#dna</a>

U.S. Passport Application Form: <a href="http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html" target="_blank">http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html</a>

Application For Consular Report Of Birth Abroad Of A Citizen Of The United States

Americahttp://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#Report

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD OF A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

<a href="http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfinst.pdf" target="_blank">http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfinst.pdf</a>

This was my experience with the process at the US Embassy in Manila.

I recommend that the US Parent be at the interview. Both my wife and I was present .

Application are accommodated by appointment only. When I was in the PI I did mine as a drop in case with my daughter because of time constraint and got the interview four days later. Can’t say that it will work for everyone.

9) of instructions, is what seems to be the main emphasis and area of concern and investigation.

One thing for you to be concerned is For out of wedlock children But I must emphasize all of the documentary evidence on part 9

For me the main things they looked at was physical presence in the same location at applicant’s time of conception, ultrasound and pre-natal care records, they never ask for pictures or looked at the one‘s I submitted.” but never say never”

They talked a lot about DNA and my case was bullet proof so just be prepared.

Don’t forget you have to bring the child with you they want to see him/her.

This is my list of documents that I submitted to the US embassy in Manila for CRBA.

DS-2029 with 2”x 2” full face passport photo. (child)

NSO true copy birth Cert. (child)

Passport application. (child)

Proof of parent US citizenship.

1) US passport.

2) True copy of live birth cert. with original seal of vital records office. A must have!

3)High School transcript ..(Yeah funny, but I’ll tell you more about it later it’s not a joke)

4)True copy of NSO Marriage cert.

5) Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception. Airline tickets, copy of visa stamps.

6) Proof of mothers pregnancy, ultrasound, pre-natal records, hospital billing statements, and pictures.

Now about the school transcript you as a US citizen have to prove you are a citizen, you have to show that you have been living in the US for 5 years in a row….. They will not take your tax returns as proof, I can tell you why but I don’t want to write a small book about it. When you give them your school transcript they take them with out a word…Had her US passport and CRBA cert. in about 10 days at my wife’s home. PI.

Good Luck!

HI... IM LAI FROM PHILIPPINES... I JUST WANNA ASK IF IT IS NECESSARY THAT THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE STAMP (EXIT/ENTRY) IN THE PASSPORT MUST BE NOTARIZED? CAUSE MY HUSBAND IS IN THE STATES RIGHT NOW AND HE JUST SEND ME THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS.. AND HE JUST LET THE COPY OF A PASSPORT NOTARIZED.. AND IN THE DS-5507 FORM IS HE THE ONE WHO WILL SIGN IT INFORN OF A LAWYER... OR IS IT ME WHO WILL SIGN THE 3RD PART OF THE DS-5507 INFORNT OF THE CONSUL OFFICER DURING THE INTERVIEW? THANKS!

OUR I-R1 Journey

2010-05-25 – receives ds-3032 / I – 864

2010-05-25 – pays I – 864 bill

2010-06-09 – receives I – 864 package

2010-03-16 – receive IV bill

2010-03-16 – pay IV bill online

2010-03-18 – nvc received payment “paid”

2010-08-16 – hubby send me ds-230 forms

2010-08-20 – send ds-230 forms and civil documents at nvc through lbc

2010-09-03 – nvc receives ds-230

2010-09-18 – case completed!

2010-10-18 – medical completed - PASSED! (october 18 and 19, 2010)

2010-11-04 – interview @ 6:30am US Embassy Manila, Philippines - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

2010-11-04 - VISA RECEIVED

My baby’s CRBA journey....

2010-08-03 – call air 21 for the delivery of the crab forms

2010-08-04 – air21 deliver’s the forms

2010-08-05 – 2010-08-05 to 2010-08-19 completed the forms and required documents, except

for hubby’s tax and employment records

2010-09-17 – hubby mail his tax and other documents needed through USPS

2010-09-24 – receives hubby’s mail

2010-09-24 – call air 21 for pick –up

2010-09-28 – air 21 pick up the documents

2010-10-21 – CRBA Interview @7:30am US Embassy Manila, Philippines =- PASSED!!!!

2010-11-02 - Receives my daughter's US Passport and Certificate of Citizenship!!!

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.