Chris1

Trip to Phillipines/Gen Santos

11 posts in this topic

Greetings All,

Anyone know where to get a good deal on a flight to the PI??? Does it depend on the season??? Also my finace is concerned for my safety, there is a travel advsory for visitors in the Mindinoa area (Abu Sayef).

I believe I MUST have at least one physical visit with her. I also believe I read you can submit a waiver of hardship if you cannot visit. Anyway's thats all I have for now....Thanks

Chris :D

Did you try any of the internet sites like expedia or cheaptickets? If you can't find anything there try this fellow, he got me a pretty good deal when I went last March: malick@newwavetravel.com

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Chris,

Listen to your fiancee as she is the one living in the area and most aware of the situation there. If she is concerned for your safety then I would suggest that you meet up somewhere not as dangerous as General Santos. Mindanao is unpredictable and there are a lot of armed groups there.

If your fiancee can take time off, maybe y'all can meet in another location, perhaps Cagayan de Oro or Cebu or Manila.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Greetings All,

Anyone know where to get a good deal on a flight to the PI??? Does it depend on the season??? Also my finace is concerned for my safety, there is a travel advsory for visitors in the Mindinoa area (Abu Sayef).

I believe I MUST have at least one physical visit with her. I also believe I read you can submit a waiver of hardship if you cannot visit. Anyway's thats all I have for now....Thanks

Chris :D

Season does make a diference as to the price of tickets but with the price of fuel headed where it is, I don't know if seasons will make a difference anymore. You are right. You DO have to meet in person. I wouldn't worry about GenSan. You will be ok there as long as your fiancee is with you.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Chris, try to ask your fiancee if you could meet somewhere like Cagayan de Oro City, Cebu City or Manila. General Santos City (just by the name of the city) scared me to death when my niece was sent by her boss to work there. My niece said she could hear gun shots, long story. I am a filipina but I am so scared to go to General Santos City. My parents live there before when they first got married but only for few months. My parents says that it's dangerous there. If I am your fiancee I am not going to put your life in danger (I didn't say your fiancee put you in danger coz I know she is concerned for your safety). There are some filipinos who didn't realized how dangerous for foreigners to visit to some parts of the Philippines. Generally speaking the island of Mindanao! I have a USC friend who went to met her fiancee in Tacorong City not far from General Santos. He stayed at his fiancee's house only for couple nights. The whole family couldn't slept because they have to guard him and he can't slept either, he said he can hear gun shots and bombing. His fiancee's parents dicided to let him went back to Davao City airport to flew to Cebu. My USC friend told me that he rode in a van vehicle with a tarp coving on it because they went through many place with lots of Muslims residents. I am not scaring you, I am just really concerned of your safety in my country. My openion is if you are very interested to meet her parents I would say try to ask your fiancee's parents if you could meet them in Davao City instead in General Santos City. I would say it is good if you visit her, your visit will make her feel good as well as her parents and remember this is also a requirement when you apply a visa to get her here in US. Waiver is not a smart option! Otherwise, the Manila embassy will pointed out that to you that there are many foreign fiance visit the Philippines.

Christmas, Easter holidays are high on airfare as well as hotel accommodation in the Philippines.

Feel free to PM me if your have more questions :yes:

I'll pray for your safety when you visit Philippines!

Princess

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Chris, try to ask your fiancee if you could meet somewhere like Cagayan de Oro City, Cebu City or Manila. General Santos City (just by the name of the city) scared me to death when my niece was sent by her boss to work there. My niece said she could hear gun shots, long story. I am a filipina but I am so scared to go to General Santos City. My parents live there before when they first got married but only for few months. My parents says that it's dangerous there. If I am your fiancee I am not going to put your life in danger (I didn't say your fiancee put you in danger coz I know she is concerned for your safety). There are some filipinos who didn't realized how dangerous for foreigners to visit to some parts of the Philippines. Generally speaking the island of Mindanao! I have a USC friend who went to met her fiancee in Tacorong City not far from General Santos. He stayed at his fiancee's house only for couple nights. The whole family couldn't slept because they have to guard him and he can't slept either, he said he can hear gun shots and bombing. His fiancee's parents dicided to let him went back to Davao City airport to flew to Cebu. My USC friend told me that he rode in a van vehicle with a tarp coving on it because they went through many place with lots of Muslims residents. I am not scaring you, I am just really concerned of your safety in my country. My openion is if you are very interested to meet her parents I would say try to ask your fiancee's parents if you could meet them in Davao City instead in General Santos City. I would say it is good if you visit her, your visit will make her feel good as well as her parents and remember this is also a requirement when you apply a visa to get her here in US. Waiver is not a smart option! Otherwise, the Manila embassy will pointed out that to you that there are many foreign fiance visit the Philippines.

i just want to thank you all for your advise you have given me. I do think that if I go to the PI I will probably go someplace other then GenSan city. I will heed my fiances advise. She probably knows what she is talking about.

Christmas, Easter holidays are high on airfare as well as hotel accommodation in the Philippines.

Feel free to PM me if your have more questions :yes:

I'll pray for your safety when you visit Philippines!

Princess

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Northwest Airlines has cheap flights to Manila and you can get a seperate connection ticket once you get there or just get an eticket.

but i agree with everyone else, dont go there, of if you do dont stay long,

go there meet the family and then somewhere else and spend time with her away from that city.

many nice places in philippines but that is not one of them

Timeline
Chris,

Listen to your fiancee as she is the one living in the area and most aware of the situation there. If she is concerned for your safety then I would suggest that you meet up somewhere not as dangerous as General Santos. Mindanao is unpredictable and there are a lot of armed groups there.

If your fiancee can take time off, maybe y'all can meet in another location, perhaps Cagayan de Oro or Cebu or Manila.

I agree! Gen san is not safe especially nowadays.. it's wise to meet in places like cebu or manila.. I'm from cebu so I know this place is very safe.. we have plenty of tourists here esp. koreans! Goodluck! :thumbs:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

I am going there next month. I have never been to this General Santos City before. My fiance lives in Olongapo City and I feel perfectly safe there. Manila is very relaxed for Americans. I suggest her meeting you there. I fly NorthWest and get pretty good deals there. I just looked at JAL from chicago for the first 2 weeks of June. Just under $1100. That is much better than the deal I got. I may need to see about changing my tickets.

Timeline

HI

I want to tell you I am with you 1000% of the way.. everything you said is very true. My wife is from Padigan city. She said it is safe there from the muslims and etc..I have not gone down their yet and I wont without my wife with me.

When I first met my current wife in the Philippines, I was seperated from my first wife and she is also pinay.. I met up with her when i went to the Philippines to meet my current wife..she even told me to stay away from mindinao. She said it is too dangerous and she did not want to feel responible. I aruge with her but she won out and I am glad I listen.

I met my current wife in Manila and we spent a week in Manila.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.