Anonther Moscow Approval

92 posts in this topic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance::dance: Congrats Bob and Elena!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Tanya just told me about the good news!

By the way, since you're going to Sochi soon, can you please take to Tanya something from me?

Her brother needs a new engine block for his truck, and if you wouldn't mind....

No problem man, I will have an empty suitcase, and I have seen plenty of FSU trucks, they dont have big engines, and even if it is big, the case has wheels and I am a big boy;-)

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I hope to see more approvals!

September 4th, 2007 129F Expressed Mailed

September 5th, 2007 Received at VSC

September 6th, 2007 NOA1 Issued

September 10th, 2007 Check Cashed

September 11th, 2007 Last touched.

January 8th, 2008 NOA2 issued, website not updated.

January 16th, 2008 NVC Case # received

March 27th, 2008 Moscow Interview date

March 27th, 2008 VISA APPROVED!

April 10th, 2008 My sweetheart arrived in the USA!

June 8th, 2008 MARRIED!!

Feb 2009, The new addition to our family!

Dec 14th 2009 I-751 Received Vermont SC

Then she said that she has her immunizations, but not the documents to show the immunizations. I told her not to worry, that she could just get her immunizations again and get it documented this time. This did not sit well at all. "Not Keerk! Not! Too much immuneezatsia BAD!" Then she said she'd go get some documentation. LOL. I don't think I'll ask how she's going to get that document.

Since she' going to custom order her shot records, for ease of use later, have her get the DS-3025 and ensure they say that she's "had a the mumps and a chicken pox."

Seeing the big scars people who went to school in the soviet union have from their immunizations, her upset is understandable. Ouch!

The scars that you talk about are from smallpox vaccinations which were common in the Soviet Union all the way up past even the '90s. I want to say we stopped them here in '76 when the last strain was locked up in the CDC warehouse down in Atlanta. There was still a pea can or two (containing several test tubes full of active strain) floating around the FSU after the fall and so they continued to innoculate against it. The money dried up so even though they still do it, it's not as wide-spread as it once was.

There was fear post-9/11 that these pea cans were out on the black market and an attack against Americans with either smallpox along with a dirty bomb (and possibly even Anthrax too!) was in the works. We didn't have enough smallpox to vaccinate everyone so they started with the govt. employees and military members most at risk. They now have scars on their upper arms as well. They're not quite as bad as what the former Soviets have (not as many pin pricks needed now) but they're still noticeable and instantly ID anyone that's been innoculated.

Smallpox was officially eradicated in the late '70s but it was still being used for weapons purposes in places like the Soviet Union thus necessitating the need to innoculate the people for worst-case scenarios. Plus, since they were using it for weapons, they assumed we were too (we weren't.... but easily could) so they had to have their people protected.

Who knows, maybe someday we'll see a return of smallpox or another deadly virus. Maybe even something like 28 Days Later or Doomsday (both great movies, by the way!) is a possibility in our crazy world. In the event something like that happens, scarred upper arms will be a fashion statement!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought people had TB scars as well?

I actually have a fairly large round chickenpox scar on my arm in the same general area. No wonder people ask to see my passport and accuse me of faking my accent in Russian when I say I am an American. :D

Then she said that she has her immunizations, but not the documents to show the immunizations. I told her not to worry, that she could just get her immunizations again and get it documented this time. This did not sit well at all. "Not Keerk! Not! Too much immuneezatsia BAD!" Then she said she'd go get some documentation. LOL. I don't think I'll ask how she's going to get that document.

Since she' going to custom order her shot records, for ease of use later, have her get the DS-3025 and ensure they say that she's "had a the mumps and a chicken pox."

Seeing the big scars people who went to school in the soviet union have from their immunizations, her upset is understandable. Ouch!

The scars that you talk about are from smallpox vaccinations which were common in the Soviet Union all the way up past even the '90s. I want to say we stopped them here in '76 when the last strain was locked up in the CDC warehouse down in Atlanta. There was still a pea can or two (containing several test tubes full of active strain) floating around the FSU after the fall and so they continued to innoculate against it. The money dried up so even though they still do it, it's not as wide-spread as it once was.

There was fear post-9/11 that these pea cans were out on the black market and an attack against Americans with either smallpox along with a dirty bomb (and possibly even Anthrax too!) was in the works. We didn't have enough smallpox to vaccinate everyone so they started with the govt. employees and military members most at risk. They now have scars on their upper arms as well. They're not quite as bad as what the former Soviets have (not as many pin pricks needed now) but they're still noticeable and instantly ID anyone that's been innoculated.

Smallpox was officially eradicated in the late '70s but it was still being used for weapons purposes in places like the Soviet Union thus necessitating the need to innoculate the people for worst-case scenarios. Plus, since they were using it for weapons, they assumed we were too (we weren't.... but easily could) so they had to have their people protected.

Who knows, maybe someday we'll see a return of smallpox or another deadly virus. Maybe even something like 28 Days Later or Doomsday (both great movies, by the way!) is a possibility in our crazy world. In the event something like that happens, scarred upper arms will be a fashion statement!

Первый блин комом.

As far as I know, there's no way to vaccinate against TB. There's a way to treat it, but no way to prevent it. I could be wrong though.

And by the way..... Congrats Bobalouie!!! Good luck on your new Visa Journey. Now the fun begins!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Nope, they definitely vaccinated people in the soviet union against it. I have friends who went to a couple years of school in the USSR and then emigrated to the US, and whenever they take a TB test it comes back positive because they were vaccinated, and they have to explain it to the doctor and get an xray to prove they don't have tb and etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuberculosis_vaccine

As far as I know, there's no way to vaccinate against TB. There's a way to treat it, but no way to prevent it. I could be wrong though.

And by the way..... Congrats Bobalouie!!! Good luck on your new Visa Journey. Now the fun begins!!!

Первый блин комом.

Great link. I was wondering why I've never even heard of it.

Русский форум член.

Here are the questions that were asked during the interview:

Where/How we met

How many times I have been to Russia to visit

How long I stayed on my trips

What do I do for a living

What does she want to do for work in the US

She asked about our house in the US and wanted to see pictures (we didnt have any with us, and that was OK with the consul)

Asked about the agency we used

When I started writing to her

Wanted to know what information the agency gave to her when we started communicating

Asked if I had been married before, had any children, any brothers or sisters

And then jokingly asked if I was a criminal.

Rubber stamp Rubber stamp, you will have your visa in 7 days.

The interesting thing here as this is the first time I have heard of the IMBRA line of questioning (I checked the box and provided info on the agency on the I-129F petition). She said the interview was about the same for all the girls that she talked to. I wonder if they are getting ready to start cracking down on the IMBRA stuff because I have not read any reports about the in depth questioning regarding an agency and what they provided. It appears to me that the consul was attempting to put together a timeline of events to make sure that we were IMBRA compliant. Something to keep in mind.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Thanks for the report, Bobalouie. Seems the IMBRA thing is coming around.

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I had never heard about IMBRA before now, and after a quick Google search, I'm both astounded and appalled. Even more so that the law was challenged and ruled constitutional!

I would have expected something like this from a Russian government trying to make it difficult for women to leave the country in an effort to stabilize their population decline. But, while I knew the US government has been doing some shady stuff in recent years, this is just simply maddening.

Doesn't anybody in government believe in the Constitution anymore? In its spirit or its written text?

:(:angry::bonk:

Z

Edited by shikarnov

Filed: Timeline
I had never heard about IMBRA before now, and after a quick Google search, I'm both astounded and appalled. Even more so that the law was challenged and ruled constitutional!

I would have expected something like this from a Russian government trying to make it difficult for women to leave the country in an effort to stabilize their population decline. But, while I knew the US government has been doing some shady stuff in recent years, this is just simply maddening.

Doesn't anybody in government believe in the Constitution anymore? In its spirit or its written text?

:(:angry::bonk:

Z

I haven't studied up on IMBRA so I'm not sure of the details, but it does seem to me to be a major violation of privacy, not to mention freedoms. The amount of personal data that's required to be in compliance with IMBRA seems ripe for not only data mining but identity theft. It also seems to me that, from a dating industry perspective, it's an unfair burden on free commerce. And finally, it's beyond ridiculous to say that it's ok for me to meet a woman through instant messaging, but that I have to pass a background check if I met that same woman through a dating agency. IMBRA just seems like the wrong solution for the problem.

I do appreciate the spirit/intent behind IMBRA though. There are relatively few protections for these women, and there are a lot of guys out there like my own girl's ex that are complete freaking nut jobs. An unhinged man with a woman who may not speak the language and who can be completely cut off from the outside world is bad news. But I think there are a lot better ways to protect these women than what I'm seeing from IMBRA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I haven't studied up on IMBRA so I'm not sure of the details, but it does seem to me to be a major violation of privacy, not to mention freedoms. The amount of personal data that's required to be in compliance with IMBRA seems ripe for not only data mining but identity theft. It also seems to me that, from a dating industry perspective, it's an unfair burden on free commerce. And finally, it's beyond ridiculous to say that it's ok for me to meet a woman through instant messaging, but that I have to pass a background check if I met that same woman through a dating agency. IMBRA just seems like the wrong solution for the problem.

I do appreciate the spirit/intent behind IMBRA though. There are relatively few protections for these women, and there are a lot of guys out there like my own girl's ex that are complete freaking nut jobs. An unhinged man with a woman who may not speak the language and who can be completely cut off from the outside world is bad news. But I think there are a lot better ways to protect these women than what I'm seeing from IMBRA.

A - The US government should be concerned with protecting American interests, not foreigners who are still safely on their home turf.

B - Based on all I've read in the past few hours, the intent of IMBRA is not to protect foreign women who are at a disadvantage here. It's to protect American women from romantic competition and to remove the threat to continued indoctrination into the male psyche of the feminist agenda.

From http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/10/prweb559970.htm

According to Mr. [Tristan] Laurent [lawyer and administrator of an advocacy group Online Dating Rights], the true purpose for the law was revealed in a press release which stated: "The American male population is now overly exposed to the message that it is acceptable to desire and actually marry women 'unspoiled' by American materialism and most troubling, 'uninfected' by American feminism. This message may impede the progress of feminism here at home and give American men the idea that it is acceptable to not respect feminist principles that took so long to instill upon them." http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/7/emw138739.htm

Z

A - The US government should be concerned with protecting American interests, not foreigners who are still safely on their home turf.

B - Based on all I've read in the past few hours, the intent of IMBRA is not to protect foreign women who are at a disadvantage here. It's to protect American women from romantic competition and to remove the threat to continued indoctrination into the male psyche of the feminist agenda.

From http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/10/prweb559970.htm

According to Mr. [Tristan] Laurent [lawyer and administrator of an advocacy group Online Dating Rights], the true purpose for the law was revealed in a press release which stated: "The American male population is now overly exposed to the message that it is acceptable to desire and actually marry women 'unspoiled' by American materialism and most troubling, 'uninfected' by American feminism. This message may impede the progress of feminism here at home and give American men the idea that it is acceptable to not respect feminist principles that took so long to instill upon them." http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/7/emw138739.htm

Z

In a nutshell, the story on IMBRA is this: The pro feminist movement started a campain stating that a number of these foriegn spouses were being abused, the abuse allegations were, rape, sexual slavery, neglect, murder, etc. All the usual suspects. The movement sucessfully lobbied congress to get the IMBRA clause enacted as a portion of the VAWA (Violence against women act). It is a small clause in a mountain of paperwork that was probably missed by some, and of the others who may have noticed it and thought it wrong/unconstitutional, which of them is going to risk reelection by not signing/voting for the Violence against women act? None!

IMBRA is wrong on several levels, the least of which is the US government trying to regulate foriegn businesses which have no ties to the US other than clientel. Another wrong is that the letter of the law presumes guilt and you prove innocence, which is exactly backwards. Basically to comply with the law, you are treated like a sexual deviant who has a history of abusing women, and you present paperwork that basically states that is not the case.

In order to comply with IMBRA, I did a National sex offender background check on myself and printed the results and gave them to my fiancee. I also downloaded the IMBRA questionaire from Elena's Models and filled it out and printed it off and presented it to her as well. At the time of my filing (7 months ago) this was the most that any of the Big name agencies were doing to comply with the law, so, I figured that it would be ok for me as well. Most smaller agencies, like the one I went thru, have not heard about IMBRA and have no idea how to find information on it or how to interpret it in order to be compliant.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.