Frank+Jocelyn

Day 9 in the USA...Funny Things She Asked

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She never drove in the Philippines so she didn't know they have a yellow light there. But now that we are talking about the driving rules she notices everything.

04/01/2007: Met online

08/24/2007: First trip to the Philippines. 09/11/2007: Left Philippines...sad day

09/13/2007: Gathering info for I-129F

09/22/2007: Mailed I-129F. 09/26/2007: Delivery confirmation of I-129F

09/27/2007: NOA1 Notice Date

10/01/2007: I-129F Check Cashed

10/02/2007: Touched

10/04/2007: NOA1 received in the mail

10/23/2007: Second visit to Philippines

01/11/2008: NOA2 Approved!

01/14/2008: Touched

01/15/2008: Petition arrived NVC. 01/17/2008: Petition left NVC

01/18/2008: Date on NVC letter

01/18/2008: NOA2 Received in Mail

01/22/2008: Petition arrived in Manila @ 10:53 a.m., Signed for by Grace

01/22/2008: NVC letter arrived in the mail

01/24/2008: Found medical and interview dates on embassy web site

02/04/2008: Packet 4 received

03/04/2008: Medical Exam @ 6:30 AM

03/08/2008: Third trip to Philippines

03/13/2008: Interview @ 6:30 AM...APPROVED!!!

03/13/2008: CFO Seminar in Manila

03/17/2008: Visa released to Delbros

03/18/2008: Visa delivered to our hotel in Manila by Delbros @ 8:30 AM

03/19/2008: We fly home! POE Guam

04/10/2008: Applied for Social Security card

04/14/2008: Applied for marriage license

04/15/2008: Received Marriage license

04/17/2008: Received Social Security card

04/21/2008: Married!

05/01/2008: Applied for name change on Social Security card

05/15/2008: Pregnant!

05/25/2008: Mailed AOS

01/08/2009: AOS Approved!

01/16/2009: Green card arrived

01/20/2009: Our baby is born!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh noooooooooooo not filipinas driving, two weeks ago I just hit a tree in the parking lot at the office while backing up.... Last week I was driving n didn't notice the rescue squad behind my back. This monday this goofy driver overtook me and he almost end up in the ditch but he's ok.....

You should see my big old buddy buick he's got dent from my hitting our mailbox when I was just learning how to drive. I broke my right mirror when I hit the tree (again backing while backing up) and my husband was teaching me how to drive. My doberman dog scratch the side of my car when he's just a puppy (he saw his reflection from my car). But still I love my big old reliable buddy buick!

I asked my husband are we poor? I think I have one of the ugliest car in the neighborhood, husband's comment you're gonna have the fanciest car if you straigthen out your driving..... my co-workers don't ride with me when we go out for lunch I told them I don't want to be responsible for someone else's life LOL! Oh LO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrival in the US 02-22-07

Married 04-05-07

Filed AOS/EAD 04-25-07 (priority mail)

Received at Chicago lockbox 04-28-07

Check encashed 05-02-07

Received biometrics letter 05-10-07

Biometrics sked 06-1-07 @ Charlotte, NC

Transferred to CSC 06-01-07

CRIS email confirming transfer to CSC 06-08-07

Touched 06-10-07 (Someone is working on a sunday)

EAD approval 7-9 (CRIS email received 7-14)

AOS 1st touched 7-17 pm since transfer to CSC

AOS 2nd touched 7-18 am

AOS 3rd touched 7-19 around 9am then around 12:48 CRIS email came AOS card prodution!

AOS 4th touched 7-20 9:27am Welcome letter

AOS welcome letter in the mail 7/21

EAD card received 7/21

Green card received 7/26

Immigration free till 7/18/09

I-751

Sent application 04-18-09

Check cashed on 04-22-09

Received on 05-05-09

Received Bio Sked 05-14-09

Bio Schedule 06-01-09

And then the wait.....

*** ps didn't apply for SS id or driver's permit not until 8 days before my I-94 expired and was told to wait for my EAD or greencard which ever comes first huh!

*** apply for SSS, driver's license passed 7/23

Malditang Pinay

www.maldita12.blogspot.com

Filed: Timeline

[*]At Taco Bell: You mean they just let you drink all the Coke you want?

[*]At home: How do I get the shower to come on?

( coz we only have a cold shower in the Philippines and you only have to twist it one time to make it work) :D

[*]At home: The washer will not spin (lid was open)(yeah, right, :D )

[*]What is a tampon?( haha, haven't tried a tampon in the Philippines, just sanitary napkins and don't see any in the commercials :D )

[*]How do they know what the weather will be tomorrow? ( in the Philippines, we watch the weather update in the news, :D)

[*]Why do all the ice cubes look the same? (not made by busting ice from a plastic tube)( right, again :D )

[*]You only take one shower a day?

[*]Old people have jobs?

[*]They let you take the shopping cart outside?

[*]At Wal-Mart: They let you check your own stuff? How do they know you wont steal it?

[*]Why does the traffic light have a Yellow?

( I know there's a yellow traffic light in PI but wasnt able to notice it coz i wasnt driving back there,hehe)

[*]You can make popcorn in the microwave? ( sorry, we didn't have any microwave oven in the apartment in PI)

[*]At the grocery store: Where is the MSG?

[*]They let you put the gas in your car yourself?

[*]What is turkey?

( I know what turkey is and even a 2 years old girl knows what a turkey is,haha,it's just my first time eating it here in the US and it's real good)

[*]How does the police man know if you are speeding? ( well, eventually, in our place, i havent seen any driver who got caught up due to car speeding :rofl: )

How old is she? I'm sure there must be ways she must have known the answers while in the our country. It's hilarious but...you sure she doesn't know what a turkey is? :crying::crying: :crying: Aw come on! LOL

(I'm 22 :D )

:D:P:rofl: ...

Not sure if it's all ignorance :D .The only thing i know is that i am purely amazed with everything.Looks new to me that i even forgot what the Philippines look like :lol: but inspite of that, I still love my Philippines.Proud to be Pinoy pa din and it feels good to be Home with my husband to be.

And one last thing, you'll lose nothing if you ask something :D

Edited by frank-lyn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You keep asking Jocelyn. nothing wrong in getting answers to your questions. :thumbs:

hope you are doing great there adjusting. Gretchen's only problem is being alone when i am at work. No homesickness for Phils.

She applied for her SSN today and got her Nevada state ID though it will expire when her I-94 expires.

Curiously the system had her listed as R1 instead of K1. They will fix it. R1 is religious worker lol.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

We arrived March 20th and so far she has kept me smiling (in more ways than one :innocent: ). Her questions so far:
  • While landing at the Atlanta airport: What happened to all those trees? (no leaves yet)
  • At Taco Bell: You mean they just let you drink all the Coke you want?
  • Also at Taco Bell: We have to clean our own table?
  • At the clothing store: Can we check the kids section for my size?
  • At home: How do I get the shower to come on?
  • At home: The washer will not spin (lid was open)
  • What is a tampon?
  • How do they know what the weather will be tomorrow?
  • Is this the biggest bag of rice they have?
  • Why do all the ice cubes look the same? (not made by busting ice from a plastic tube)
  • Where does the pee go when you flush on the airplane?
  • You can really make free cell phone calls on nights and weekends?
  • You only take one shower a day?
  • Old people have jobs?
  • They let you take the shopping cart outside?
  • At Wal-Mart: They let you check your own stuff? How do they know you wont steal it?
  • Why does the traffic light have a Yellow?
  • Did you see how those drivers just stopped for us when we crossed the street?
  • Why would anybody want to get a tan?
  • Why don't they have cheese popcorn at the movies?
  • You can make popcorn in the microwave?
  • At the grocery store: Where is the MSG?
  • They let you put the gas in your car yourself?
  • What is that like a rat in the tree? Answer: squirrel
  • What is turkey?
  • College students don't wear uniforms?
  • How does the police man know if you are speeding?
We are having such a great time. I have never smiled so much!

Stay tuned...more to come

When I read your post it reminds me that I asked the same questions to my husband

( Hahahaha ) . :blink:

11/03/2007 - Mailed N-400

11/05/2007 - Delivered to NSC

11/09/2007 - Checked Cashed

11/10/2007 - Return Signature Receipt Received

11/05/2007 - Priority Date

12/03/2007 - NOA1 Receipt Notice Received

12/13/2007 - NOA2 Fingerprints Received

01/02/2008 - Fingerprinting Done

02/11/2008 - NOA3 Interview Notice Received - April 10th, 2008

04/10/2008 - Interview Done - APPROVED

08/15/2008 - Oath Letter Received

09/10/2008 - US Citizen

09/24/2008 - Applied for US Passport

10/06/2008 - US Passport Received

10/09/2008 - Passport Card and Naturalization Certificate Received

Not sure if it's all ignorance :D .The only thing i know is that i am purely amazed with everything.Looks new to me that i even forgot what the Philippines look like :lol: but inspite of that, I still love my Philippines.Proud to be Pinoy pa din and it feels good to be Home with my husband to be.

When I went shopping last week I can't believe what I saw, blazer $149.00 Made in Philippines. I was kinda shocked but feeling good inside :dance: .

I agree, you got nothing to lose when you ask something. :star:

Action speaks louder than words. :thumbs:

11/03/2007 - Mailed N-400

11/05/2007 - Delivered to NSC

11/09/2007 - Checked Cashed

11/10/2007 - Return Signature Receipt Received

11/05/2007 - Priority Date

12/03/2007 - NOA1 Receipt Notice Received

12/13/2007 - NOA2 Fingerprints Received

01/02/2008 - Fingerprinting Done

02/11/2008 - NOA3 Interview Notice Received - April 10th, 2008

04/10/2008 - Interview Done - APPROVED

08/15/2008 - Oath Letter Received

09/10/2008 - US Citizen

09/24/2008 - Applied for US Passport

10/06/2008 - US Passport Received

10/09/2008 - Passport Card and Naturalization Certificate Received

You keep asking Jocelyn. nothing wrong in getting answers to your questions. :thumbs:

hope you are doing great there adjusting. Gretchen's only problem is being alone when i am at work. No homesickness for Phils.

She applied for her SSN today and got her Nevada state ID though it will expire when her I-94 expires.

Curiously the system had her listed as R1 instead of K1. They will fix it. R1 is religious worker lol.

Chris

Awww, thanks for the reply, Chris.I miss gretchen though :crying:.So far, so good in here coz i don't feel any homesickness yet coz i use to chat with my family, which is good.Maybe some boredom during the day when Frank is out to work and i'm done with everything in the house but still it's ok coz i got the internet and visajourney,hehehe.It's just nice to read and reply to new posts.VJ reminds me a lot of everything we did like all the waiting, confusions and stuff as well as my days with gretchen in Manila.I can't ever forget those times when we kept on mentioning about Sunday everytime we go to sleep or wake up in the morning with naughty smiles, :D .Those were just great memories that i'm gonna keep till i get old.I can't wait to hang out with you again with John C and Theresa.Me and Frank are really looking forward to our next meeting or shall we call it a reunion.It would surely be fun.

Haha, you know me, i'm quiet good in asking questions and i'm a bit talkative, so, i'm sure Frank wasn't surprised with all my questions though some of them were a little embarrassing but really, it's good to ask questions than to pretend you know everything.Like the other day, i burned out somebody's $40 pant( that's what he said) :rofl: coz really, i was already ashamed to ask questions anymore when i saw his post in Vj but it didn't really matter to me coz he told me that it's cute(bribery) :P:D.Well, to be honest, i don't really do the ironing in the Philippines :D but now, i guess it's already part of my job as a wife and i kinda like it.It just feels good when he likes everything i do or make( except that burning of pants :lol: ).I really like that feeling when he tells me something like " Thanks for the great breakfast/lunch/dinner my love, I love it!".It makes me feel like doing it again and again which i really have to do since it's my job :) and i love it. So, all in all, my life here in the US so far is wonderful though i still have lots of things to adjust with and oh! you already got gretchen's state Id? That's good.I mentioned it to Frank and he said that we're gonna work on it tomorrow i guess.I hope it's just easy to get it as well as the SSN application.For now, i have budget lessons from him(just a little bit) coz i'm quiet thrifty so it's easy for me,well, i guess that's what made us compatible,haha.

Gretch told me that you already made a reservation for the wedding on May 8.Aw, that's nice.I hope we'll have ours on the same date too, so, it will be easy for Frank to remember our anniversary, coz i'm sure, he's gonna call you or you're gonna call him about it just like some reminders :lol: but, i'm sure you'll always remember it, right? coz it'd be one of the most unforgettable moment in your life.

So, really, i hope everything will be ok on her SSN application as well as mine and im wishing us luck to this round of journey here in the US.

J.

Edited by frank-lyn

I agree, you got nothing to lose when you ask something. :star: ( (L) )

Action speaks louder than words. :thumbs:

Always been my motto :)

Thanks for the reply sis.

Yeah, I remember these questions:

* We have to clean our own table? (after a year, she still thinks it makes no sense)

* At home: How do I get the shower to come on?

* Old people have jobs? (she was relieved at this one- old people in the phil can have it hard)

* At Wal-Mart: They let you check your own stuff? How do they know you won't steal it?

* They let you put the gas in your car yourself?

* What is that like a rat in the tree? Answer: squirrel

Also, whispered at Walmart "why is everybody so fat?"

Edited by Glen Charles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, whispered at Walmart "why is everybody so fat?"

:lol: I asked this question many times...My husband said if i get fat like some american girls he will send me back to philippines :lol: Goodness gracious!

K-1 Visa

2007-06-09>>> Petition Sent to USCIS

2007-11-13>>> NOA1 got from mail

2007-11-05>>> RFE online

2007-11-15>>> Got RFE noticed

2007-11-05>>> USCIS received Additional evidence

2007-12-10>>> APPROVED

2007-12-11>>> Sent to NVC

2007-12-28>>> Packect 3 got in mail

2007-12-31>>> Sent to USE manila

2008-01-02>>> Embassy Received

2008-01-25>>> Got my Packet 4

2008-02-13>>> 1st day of early Medical

2008-02-14>>> 2nd day Early Medical

2008-02-15>>> PRISM counselling/yellow cert. given

2008-02-25>>> Orig. sched for medical

2008-02-28>>> My Honey will arrived from US

2008-03-03>>> Big Day ( Interview date) APPROVED

2008-03-08>>> Visa in Hand

2008-03-13>>> Sched Flight to SFO

2008-05-25>>>Got married

2008-15-08>>>Filed AOS

2008-05-12>>> EAD received

2009-02-02>>>Applied SSN

2009-18-02>>>ssn received

2009-20-02>>> welcome notice received

2009-21-02>>> Green card received

NO AOS INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.