FaithfulandTrue

cairo airport

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Bridget... tell your husband Good Luck at the Rome airport :( ...they gave my husband a hard time and lost his luggage (which luckily was found eventually) :) but I hope he has better luck than my husband did :)

my hubby...(for those of you wondering about one way or roundtrip)... got a one way ticket using Alitalia...I dunno if the airline company you use makes a difference...but he had no issues with the roundtrip thing at all...:)

and also... my husbands POE was JFK...it was pain free (he had to wait about one hour though and ended up missing his flight, but he got on the next flight to Richmond el hamdulillah) :D the officer took his envelope...opened it...smiled at my husband and said "Welcome to a lifetime of opportunities if you make the best of it...welcome to America and enjoy"...shook his hand and smiled :) haha...hopefully everyone else has an easy time :)

hopefully everyone else has a pain free journey :) GOOD LUCK! :D

how did he get a hard time in rome what happened???????

standard things...but basically out of all the passengers...they basically took my husband and two other Syrian men and gave them a hard time in security :( just...they basically did not respect them once they figured out they were Arab...it made me upset...and then they told him we must search your luggage (carry on and that on board)...then that is how they figured out they lost his luggage :wacko: finally he got through security after about 4 hours of waiting... :( he of course had missed his flight...but then he called me from italy using their phone and told me the nice guy from the main desk was figuring out a way to book him on the next flight to america...and he did el hamdulillah :D but inshAllah your hubby will not go through this...maybe it just depends on their mood...i wish i knew :)

please let me know how it goes :) take care sweety :)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Bridget... tell your husband Good Luck at the Rome airport :( ...they gave my husband a hard time and lost his luggage (which luckily was found eventually) :) but I hope he has better luck than my husband did :)

my hubby...(for those of you wondering about one way or roundtrip)... got a one way ticket using Alitalia...I dunno if the airline company you use makes a difference...but he had no issues with the roundtrip thing at all...:)

and also... my husbands POE was JFK...it was pain free (he had to wait about one hour though and ended up missing his flight, but he got on the next flight to Richmond el hamdulillah) :D the officer took his envelope...opened it...smiled at my husband and said "Welcome to a lifetime of opportunities if you make the best of it...welcome to America and enjoy"...shook his hand and smiled :) haha...hopefully everyone else has an easy time :)

hopefully everyone else has a pain free journey :) GOOD LUCK! :D

how did he get a hard time in rome what happened???????

standard things...but basically out of all the passengers...they basically took my husband and two other Syrian men and gave them a hard time in security :( just...they basically did not respect them once they figured out they were Arab...it made me upset...and then they told him we must search your luggage (carry on and that on board)...then that is how they figured out they lost his luggage :wacko: finally he got through security after about 4 hours of waiting... :( he of course had missed his flight...but then he called me from italy using their phone and told me the nice guy from the main desk was figuring out a way to book him on the next flight to america...and he did el hamdulillah :D but inshAllah your hubby will not go through this...maybe it just depends on their mood...i wish i knew :)

please let me know how it goes :) take care sweety :)

OMG that is AWEFUL!!!! Well inshallah that didn't happen to Usama, though his name is a dead giveaway that he's arab. He called me at 3am mytime to say he bought me some chocolate and was waiting for his flight and had no problems yet but I'm not sure if that was after or before security. Maybe after because he had already checked in for his next flight? Anyways he sounded very cheerful which was a pleasant change from before he left. I"m not able to call his number for some reason so if something went wrong hopefully he would have called me. I'm so sorry your husband had to go through that!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.