FaithfulandTrue

airfare from cairo

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

has anyone had this problem... habibi tried to go to the airport and tried to check on flights, but they told him he has to get a roundtrip ticket.. has anyone else had this problem dealing with cairo... i mean come on.. he's not going back... this is crazy... so now what do we do... :angry:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

My Mom is a travel agent and explained to me you can only get round trip tickets for international travel. However, my Husband is always quoting me prices for one way tickets from Cairo to NY so I don't understand it either.

I have read other threads on the topic that have suggested that sometimes it's cheaper to purchase a round trip ticket and dump the return flight. This is what I did when I came back from Norway.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just bought Medo a one way ticket. But were a K3 and the visa is good for 2 years. Maybe this has something to do with it. I dont know how long the K1 visa's are good for. Damn I hope this wont be a problem. :blink:

By the way onder congrats :thumbs:

Untitled.jpg

has anyone had this problem... habibi tried to go to the airport and tried to check on flights, but they told him he has to get a roundtrip ticket.. has anyone else had this problem dealing with cairo... i mean come on.. he's not going back... this is crazy... so now what do we do... :angry:

No... my husband flew on a one way ticket in January. And that was cheaper than round trip ($700 versus $1,100). He booked through a local travel agency in Alex. He had to show his visa at the agency, but my husband had noooo problems whatsoever purchasing it.

When I flew from Cairo to Boston (which I did often when I lived there in Egypt), round trip was always around $1,100 on Lufthansa. Last August, when I flew home one way because I was moving back to the states, it was around $750. I purchased all my tickets from travel agents in Egypt.

Good luck!

Summer 2003- We met (in the U.S.) and began dating.

Summer 2004- My SO moved back to Egypt; I spent a month there with him.

December 2004- SO called my parents and got permission to ask for my hand in marriage; They said yes, of course!

Christmas 2004- I traveled back to Egypt and accepted his proposal while we were on the sands by the Red Sea...

July 2005- Got married; I moved to Egypt

Nov. 2005- Began the immigration process!!!

July 2006- Hubby's immigrant "interview" at embassy in Cairo was no interview- told to file waiver for past visa overstay

Aug. 2006- Waiver sent from Cairo to Athens

April 2007- Waiver transferred from Athens to Rome

August 2007 - I moved back to U.S. from Egypt in anticipation of waiver approval (just had a feeling!!) and to continue my career because my 2 year work contract had expired in Cairo and my wondeful job was still here waiting.

Nov. 2007- Waiver approved... thank the good Lord!!!!

Dec. 2007- Interview- but not really an interview- just had to sign the updated DS230; Told to expect visa in 2 weeks.

Jan. 2008 - Visa in hand! It actually did arrive in 2 and a half weeks... Hubby back in our home 2 days later!!!

Feb. 2008- Green Card arrives

Today and everyday- Loving life back in our home, having a blast, enjoying every moment with family and friends, praying for all of you still waiting! Miracles DO happen!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Would it be possible for me to purchase my fiance's ticket here through my travel agent? Im not overly worried about saving a buck.One way, round trip...it doesnt really matter.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Would it be possible for me to purchase my fiance's ticket here through my travel agent? Im not overly worried about saving a buck.One way, round trip...it doesnt really matter.

i don't see why you can't nagi, my husband's brother (whom lives in the states) bought kamal's ticket for him ( one way). Good luck

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-16

129F NOA1 : 2007-03-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-07-30

Interview Date : 2007-09-06

Visa Received : 2007-09-17

US Entry : 2007-10-15

Marriage : 2007-10-20

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Bio. Appt. : 2007-12-21

Interview Date : 2008-03-12

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-04-02

Approved : Yes

Greencard Received: 2008-04-13

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2007-11-25

NOA Date : 2007-11-29

Approved Date : 2008-01-28

Date Card Received : 2008-02-01

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up, Terrie.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my husband bought a ticket about a month ago...he got a one way ticket--but we have a CR-1 visa...don't know if that makes a difference...i don't know where he got it from, but it was about $500...

good luck!!!

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi!!

Ashraf flew here from Cairo on March 14th with a one way ticket. We are a K1 visa like you. He had no problems at all, but did have to show his visa along with the immigration packet (the one they tell you not to open). A lot of ppl were insisting we needed a 2 way ticket. The travel agency, the man at the airline etc. but once Ashraf was there and showed them his visa and this packet there was NO problem. I purchased this one way ticket on Expedia with my credit card and he was never asked to show this credit card. Congratulations Oneder I am so happy for the two of you!!

Laura :)

Timeline

I'm really kinda still confused about one way or round trip ticket

but i think there is no problem with one way ticket

i think it depends on the travel agent

maybe they don't want their airplane come back empty to Egypt maybe thats why they said round trip ticket .

but i think its not problem at Cairo airport cause there are many people moved to USA on one way ticket .

i was talking about that with my fiancée if you can't find any travel agent in Egypt to give you one way ticket you can use Egyptair site to book one way ticket its so cheap maybe about 500 bucks but it will be just from Cairo to NY (JFK) and you can use something like US airway from NY to another state you can book that online to

and yeah nagi i think you can use some of your travel agent in USA like Expedia but you can't use orbitz or cheaptickets

Edited by tenderheart197900

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Thanks, Tenderheart. My travel agent here basically caters to Middle Eastern people and I wanted her to handle it. My fiance has special needs that the airlines has to be aware of. ( Mechanical heart valve ).

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.