doodlebugg

List of those over 1 Year in AP

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My prayers are with each and everyone one of you...and I hope you all receive that VISA soon - - ur strength is amazing.... (F)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just wanted to shine the spotlight on those who have been waiting in AP for over 1 year, not matter what the consulate. I know of the ones going through Egypt but are there others who are going through other MENA countries as well?

My prayers are with you all every single day that a phonecall will come stating that the visa is in hand. You all are so very strong and incredible I don't know how you do it. I know some have stopped posting and I can only imagine it is because of the pain of seeing those after you get their visas time after time again with no word on your own case. I hope you all find your answers soon. (F)

AshkiA (Egypt, CR-1) Interviewed 8/17/06

deb and ali (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 9/14/06

gotmeahunk (Egypt, K-3/CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 11/19/06

CairoBound (Egypt, K-3) Interviewed 11/21/06

aj1 (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 3/12/07

gotmeakunk received their visa last year some time.....her husband has been here for a while now

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. Yes it can be overwhelming at times but one thing i know for sure is that god never will give you more than you can handle, so i am doing the best i can and i pray that all of us waiting will be reunited with our loved ones soon. Thank you all again. NEVER GIVE UP!

AJ1 (F)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

They told us one to two months after the first interview, which by the grace of God only turned out to be six months.

I agree with WOM and yes, Cairo has been moving faster recently.

Bridget, that is nothing but cruel and unusual punishment on their part.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Every one of you women who have survided over 1 year AP. You are hands down, amazing. That is first and foremost a true fact.

I find much faith in you all and much of my patience comes from feeling shame when feeling bad for less than a year of AP, it is nothing and completely nothing compared to what you guys had to and are going through.

But there is an end, cheryl and medo have done it and we will too.

I can only say if I ever worked at DOS in my life, I would fall into tears if some woman who's husband was in AP for a year called me to ask in a fearful voice, "Is my husband still in AP?"

No one can do anything to expediate this. If you are a believer of this bad and horribly unorganized system, then that is where you can direct the blame. For those of us who believe God is the only doer of all things, we can then rest our hearts because we know it will happen at the right time and only at the right time.

Do whatever you need to do to pass the time, people have waited lifetimes for love. We can do this too. I realize I cannot see my husband in the summer if it takes that long...it is just too costly right now. We can wait this out a day at a time, and give ourselves some support because we were fine before them, we will be fine in the meantime, and when they come, we will have to remain strong, ask for the help of God always and again and try our best to make this life a good one.

With love,

Tammy (F)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Extremely well said, Tammy! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Hello All..........

I feel for each and every one of you. Although we are only 11 months in AP, it has been 22 months total since the original filing. And yes, I know what it is like to run home and check the computer to see if there is mail from the embassy with good news. I also know what it is like to want to see him so bad, but have to wait until I can afford another trip. And yes, I also know what it is to have a future mother in law constantly trying to find her son a boyfriend, and pushing him harder each day to choose a nice muslim girl. And yes, I also know what it is like to come here and see visa's issued with little or no AP, and be happy for the couple, and at the same time disappointed because we still wait.

May you all have the strength to endure. This is only the beginning. Combining two separate cultures and lives will present another set of challenges.

May God and Allah-

Give you strength, grant you patience, and continue to guide you.

Blessings to all,

Sue

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello All..........

I feel for each and every one of you. Although we are only 11 months in AP, it has been 22 months total since the original filing. And yes, I know what it is like to run home and check the computer to see if there is mail from the embassy with good news. I also know what it is like to want to see him so bad, but have to wait until I can afford another trip. And yes, I also know what it is to have a future mother in law constantly trying to find her son a boyfriend, and pushing him harder each day to choose a nice muslim girl. And yes, I also know what it is like to come here and see visa's issued with little or no AP, and be happy for the couple, and at the same time disappointed because we still wait.

May you all have the strength to endure. This is only the beginning. Combining two separate cultures and lives will present another set of challenges.

May God and Allah-

Give you strength, grant you patience, and continue to guide you.

Blessings to all,

Sue

(F) Ameen (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Timeline

Sunflower........

The wait will be worth it. It seems alot of us that had interviews around the same time are all experiencing the same response (AP). However lately there has been more movement in Cairo, and I am hopeing that means the rest of us are going to benefit from it as well.

Keep positive,

Sue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.