kiwis

N400-Portland, OR/NSC

52 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Just wonder if anyone out there filed the N-400 at NSC (Nebraska Service Center) around December 2007 and received their interview letter???

OR

Anyone's district office is Portland, OR and filed N-400 at NSC recently and got some notice???

My case:

Dec 07: Mailed N400 to NSC

12/26/07: Received date (notice said expect to get interview notice within 180 days, anyone got something like that?)

01/26/08: Fingerprint date

now waiting...

Thanks! Please share your case~~

N400 at NSC (Portland, OR - District Office)

12/20/07: Mailed N400 to NSC

01/02/08: Receipt Notice - "You should expect to be notified within 180 days of this notice.

01/10/08: Fingerprint date notice

01/26/08: Fingerprint done

03/26/08: Called FBI - fingerprint sent back to USCIS

04/11/08: Infopass - was told I am in queue for interview

04/18/08: Called USCIS - was told my interview would be the next 30-45 days

04/21/08: Interview letter notice date

04/22/08: Interview letter postmarked date

04/30/08: Interview letter received

06/11/08: Interview date

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi there,

Just wonder if anyone out there filed the N-400 at NSC (Nebraska Service Center) around December 2007 and received their interview letter???

OR

Anyone's district office is Portland, OR and filed N-400 at NSC recently and got some notice???

My case:

12/26/07: Received date (notice said expect to get interview notice within 180 days, anyone got something like that?)

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

from Portland,OR also,Just sent my N-400 on March 24th

Still waiting.It looks like from your case,it seem to go faster.

Hi there,

OR

My case:

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

Hi, I don't know about faster... a lot of people got their fingerprint done very soon after they turned in their applications! Let me know when you receive a notice from USCIS, I want to see if it says how long you'll get another notice from them about your interview, cuz mine said 180days... not sure if it's right...

01/02/08: Receipt Notice - "You should expect to be notified within 180 days of this notice.

Timeline
Hi there,

OR

My case:

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

Hi, I don't know about faster... a lot of people got their fingerprint done very soon after they turned in their applications! Let me know when you receive a notice from USCIS, I want to see if it says how long you'll get another notice from them about your interview, cuz mine said 180days... not sure if it's right...

Hey there,

I just check my bank and they cashed the check.

Mailed N-400 3/24/08

Check cashed 3/28/08

Hi there,

OR

My case:

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

Hey there,

Mailed N-400 3/24/08

Check cashed 3/28/08

I think as soon as they get checks, they'll deposit it right away! cuz it's non-refundable, but of cuz they have to make sure you pay the correct fee amount. I am waiting, but I'm very impatient, I'm going to infopass appt on 4/11/08... see what i can find out.

Timeline
Hi there,

OR

My case:

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

Hey there,

Mailed N-400 3/24/08

Check cashed 3/28/08

I think as soon as they get checks, they'll deposit it right away! cuz it's non-refundable, but of cuz they have to make sure you pay the correct fee amount. I am waiting, but I'm very impatient, I'm going to infopass appt on 4/11/08... see what i can find out.

So what is the "infopass" appt?...is that the interview?..if it is the interview,I think your case went pretty fast.ANd let me know what they usually ask.

Thanksa..

Hi there,

OR

My case:

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

Hey there,

Mailed N-400 3/24/08

Check cashed 3/28/08

So what is the "infopass" appt?...is that the interview?..if it is the interview,I think your case went pretty fast.ANd let me know what they usually ask.

Thanksa..

infopass is not an interview!! I wish!!!! infopass is an appointment that you can set up in www.uscis.gov, you could talk to an immigration officer at the Portland Office on Broadway ask them questions that you have regarding anything...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Hi there,

OR

My case:

now waiting...

Hi Kiwis!,

Hey there,

Mailed N-400 3/24/08

Check cashed 3/28/08

Thanksa..

infopass is not an interview!! I wish!!!! infopass is an appointment that you can set up in www.uscis.gov, you could talk to an immigration officer at the Portland Office on Broadway ask them questions that you have regarding anything...

Hi Kiwis,

I got my Finger Print appt on 4/17/08 in downtown.Have you heard anything since?.looks like you should be hearing form them soon....

keep me posted and let me know how your info pass went.

Thanks

Hi Kiwis,

I got my Finger Print appt on 4/17/08 in downtown.Have you heard anything since?.looks like you should be hearing form them soon....

Thanks

I wish I heard something back! I could never get this thing out of my mind, I can't wait to go to the office this Friday to find out more, hopefully they won't tell me "your case is in process, that's ALL I can tell you"... then it'd be a waste of time! and money! (time away from work) I'll let you know what I find out at the office, let you know if the staff there are helpful!

Edited by kiwis

Hi Kiwis,

Thanks

hey just wonder did your NOA says how many days you would expect to have the interview??? cuz mine says 180 days.

Timeline
Hi Kiwis,

Thanks

hey just wonder did your NOA says how many days you would expect to have the interview??? cuz mine says 180 days.

Hey,

Yes mine said 180 days also...I am not sure how long we'd wait,because I browsed around this forum and some people got their interview letter like 2 weeks after finger prints...see here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113403 and the user is ives_domain.

I even checked the person Dist.Offices's processing times which is thesame thing as ours,but I wonder why his went pretty fast...I heard the FBI name clearing sometimes goes by the country of origin because they spend more time profiling people who are from certain countries like(china,e.t.c)to profile in terms of export laws...and middle eastern.....Not completrly sure why it may take some longer and some less...FBI wont even tell us why even if you ask....

Let me know when you do the infopass interview?...

Timeline
Hi Kiwis,

Thanks

Hey Kiwis,

How was the info pass?..let us know how it went.....

Goodluck

Hey Kiwis,

How was the info pass?..let us know how it went.....

Goodluck

I finally went to the infopass appt~~ I checked in at the counter, then the lady told me to sit in front of one of those windows, then not too long after, the same lady came and asked how she could help, so I told her I want to check the status of my application, then she took my letter (NOA) and brought it into a room, then few minutes later, she came back and told me she asked another person about the status on my case and was told that I am in queue for the interview, and I should get the IL within 1-2months... then I asked if my background check is cleared, she then said let her look up my fingerprint, she looked it up on the computer and then fingerprint was good, and then she said since I'm in queue for the interview, everything should be cleared...

my conclusion is... the lady that talked to me might not know much about my case, but she asked someone else who sits inside the room (on the left side from where i sit in front of the window), and I hope what I was told was truth~ now I just gotta wait patiently... as soon as I get my IL, I will let you all know.

By the way, my relative's friend who filed in the beginning of December 2007 received her IL in the beginning of April and scheduled 5/5/08 for interview~

Hey,

Yes mine said 180 days also...I am not sure how long we'd wait,because I browsed around this forum and some people got their interview letter like 2 weeks after finger prints...see here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113403 and the user is ives_domain.

I even checked the person Dist.Offices's processing times which is thesame thing as ours,but I wonder why his went pretty fast...I heard the FBI name clearing sometimes goes by the country of origin because they spend more time profiling people who are from certain countries like(china,e.t.c)to profile in terms of export laws...and middle eastern.....Not completrly sure why it may take some longer and some less...FBI wont even tell us why even if you ask....

Let me know when you do the infopass interview?...

I did see some post here or in immigrationportal forums that some people received their IL within a month after their fingerprint... I don't know why it's SOOOO FAST... I'm not sure if the country of origin matters regarding the FBI background check, but I think if your name is very common, then maybe it'd take a little longer, I am Asian, my name is not too common I think, but anyway, I just can't wait till I get my IL!

• 2 weeks later...

I started my N400 process back in December 07 and have my interview date in June in Portland Or. I came over on a k1 and never knew anything about selective service until the N400 application process. I did not get my green card until after I was 26 - will that justify me not needing to sign up? Also does anyone know if for tax purposes taking transcripts is ok in lieu of the 1722 form requested or are they the same thing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.