JNet

sputum results timeline

6 posts in this topic

To those who know about the sputum test, please tell me how many days between the medical and embassy interview once my fiance is given a negative result. We should be getting her result as soon as this week. I hear that they will want you to report to St. Lukes right away, but we do not know how long until the actual embassy interview. Thanks, Joe

• 3 weeks later...
To those who know about the sputum test, please tell me how many days between the medical and embassy interview once my fiance is given a negative result. We should be getting her result as soon as this week. I hear that they will want you to report to St. Lukes right away, but we do not know how long until the actual embassy interview. Thanks, Joe

for the sputum test .. they will schedule you to come back 3 consecutive days for the smear test..usually starts at 6am..then after that they will ask you to comeback for the results of your smear test..then culture test that will take 6 to 8 weeks to have the results..god bless

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-02-26

I-130 Sent : 2007-07-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-07-13

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-18

I-130 Approval : 2007-12-03

Interview Date : 2008-04-10

Visa Received : 2008-04-15

US Entry : 2008-05-02

EAD Filed : 2008-10-16

NOA Date : 2007-10-20

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-19

Approved Date : 2008-12-31

Date Card Received : 2009-01-05

EAD was approved in 76 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance's schedule (not yet done but here goes):

March 25, 2008 - Medical Exam

March 26, 2008 - Had to return, was told to return 3 days for sputum test

March 31, 2008 - Sputum test #1

April 1, 2008 - Sputum test #2

April 2, 2008 - Sputum test #3

April 3, 2008 - Pulmonary review, told was negative as of now, told to call on June 4, 2008 for results of culture/smear test.

June 4, 2008 - ?????

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

hi what is this sputum test?

I just finished my 2nd day med exam today, and got the xray result and immunization record..

It seems i did not have this test....

I went there 4pm eehehe and out by 7pm, there were plenty people on friday... when I went home, there still people waiting in releasing area.

If all three cultures turn out negative SLEC will reschedule her interview. The last one I read was given an interview within two weeks, but it will probably depend upon what the US Embassy has open.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

in my case, after the three consecutive days sputum smear tests i underwent pulmonary evaluation on the 4th day (jan 31). during the interview with the doctor, i was told that all three smear tests were found to be negative of TB bacteria. this, however, is not conclusive. as an sop i had to wait for another 8 weeks for the results of the sputum culture. i was asked to give them a call on april 2. after having found out to be negative in the sputum culture, i went thru immunization that same day. at releasing, i was told that my interview is apr 8, that is three working days thereafter.

hope this helps.

ram & analise

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.