abrazer07

Regarding poverty level & income evidence !!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

needed to verify somethings regarding financial evidences and poverty level.I wd be doing AOS for my man from india from B1/B2.

a) Now as i have seen in VJ the required level to be shown for Ohio (thats falls under 48 Contiguous States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam) is $17,112 / yr before taxes ........which makes it 125% above poverty level. Right ??

(SOURCE - http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf )

b)Also i have to show 3 yrs tax returns & my bank statements ............................ now is it necessary that the bank accounts has to hold huge amount of money ?? or a bank acccount with regular ongoing debits & credits as normall does is sufficient.

c) I am self employed ........... i am on a disability income.i will show my disability income + my other small incomes thru my classes etc making it quite above 125 % thing / yr. is that okk !!! I can also add my house value if necessary.

All help and advices aare appreciated.....Thanks so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

a) correct for two people like sponsor and immigrant, and NO dependents like children.

B ) NO :no: NOT NEEDED If your income is above the 125% line. If you are below the line, then bank balance used an asset needs to be 3 times the shortfall of income below the line. That is if income is 1000 below the line, then asset needs to be $3000.

c) If you can show income above 125%, then you do not need to list your home. A house is considered to be not a liquid asset, you cannot liquidate a home quickly for cash, and this would leave your without a home.

Have you considered using I-864EZ?

I-864EZ only requires past year's IRS return.

If income is above 125% povertyline, then use the I-864EZ, it only requires last years simple IRS transcript, or copy of Tax return (1040/1099/W2) Employer letter is optional, I-864EZ is for: (NO asset data like bank letters, NO joint sponsor and one immigrant).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

We used I-864EZ and only included past 3 years IRS transcripts.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Oh thats great .thanks a lot ... i wd look into I-864EZ and IM u if i need any help ....thanks so much for the prompt reply...God bless u !!

a) correct for two people like sponsor and immigrant, and NO dependents like children.

B ) NO :no: NOT NEEDED If your income is above the 125% line. If you are below the line, then bank balance used an asset needs to be 3 times the shortfall of income below the line. That is if income is 1000 below the line, then asset needs to be $3000.

c) If you can show income above 125%, then you do not need to list your home. A house is considered to be not a liquid asset, you cannot liquidate a home quickly for cash, and this would leave your without a home.

Have you considered using I-864EZ?

I-864EZ only requires past year's IRS return.

If income is above 125% povertyline, then use the I-864EZ, it only requires last years simple IRS transcript, or copy of Tax return (1040/1099/W2) Employer letter is optional, I-864EZ is for: (NO asset data like bank letters, NO joint sponsor and one immigrant).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

We used I-864EZ and only included past 3 years IRS transcripts.

Edited by abrazer07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.