tumbin

march filers timeline for TEXAS

39 posts in this topic

ChrisR I wrote in my letter that I was pregnant, I will be over 38 weeks at the time of interview, I think that expedited my application :blush: I need to call them to find out if my husband can come with me as I will not be able to drive alone at that time.

Ah, that might do it. Congratulations on the baby! :thumbs:

I guess I'll find out within a month if I get lucky... ;-)

According to the "official" website, they are processing 07/09/2007 applications in San Antonio now, but I have seen a lot of people talking about the timelines being completely inaccurate if you don't get hung up in the name check delay or anything out of the ordinary... The Houston field office shows the same date.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anu updates for march filers Did you'll recived any letter yet anyone

No news here, still waiting on the interview letter...

Time line:

03/14/2008: Mailed N-400 to Texas Service Center

03/18/2008: Texas Service Center received my application (per the USPS return receipt)

03/18/2008: Priority Date

03/18/2008: Check Deposit Date

03/19/2008: Check Cleared by my Bank

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - "You should expect to be notified within 210 days of this notice"

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Biometrics Appointment scheduled

04/15/2008: Biometrics Appointment @ 0900 CST in San Antonio

04/15/2008: FBI sent fingerprinting results back to USCIS

XX/XX/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2008: Interview

XX/XX/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Oath Ceremony scheduled

XX/XX/2008: Oath

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
ChrisR I wrote in my letter that I was pregnant, I will be over 38 weeks at the time of interview, I think that expedited my application :blush: I need to call them to find out if my husband can come with me as I will not be able to drive alone at that time.

Hi Below is the timeline of my N400 application:

3/9/2008- Sent it by Mail FROM Kuwait (APO) to Mesquite TX.. This took 21 days before received

3/31/2008 - Touched

4/16/2008 - Received NOA, letter stated that they will return by check the extra fees they received from me. I will be notified if they need anything from me..

Until now, I am still waiting for any appointment for biometrics or other kind of stuff.My case is a little bit different because I am filing N400-thought 319b of INA. I am working overseas when I received my conditional GC and will file lifting of condition by the end of July because my card will expire on 16 November 2008.

I had included Fingerprint cards in the packet..This was done in the US Embassy kuwait. Will this be the reason why there is a delay on my timeline??

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Until now, I am still waiting for any appointment for biometrics or other kind of stuff.My case is a little bit different because I am filing N400-thought 319b of INA. I am working overseas when I received my conditional GC and will file lifting of condition by the end of July because my card will expire on 16 November 2008.

I had included Fingerprint cards in the packet..This was done in the US Embassy kuwait. Will this be the reason why there is a delay on my timeline??

Completely,

according to this website:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

if you file at an overseas embassy you are still permitted to use fingerprinting cards (versus the electronic fingerprinting if you file in the states) and do not have to pay the Biometrics fee, thus the NOA stating they will refund you the extra fees (I'm guessing you paid to file the form and biometrics).

On the downside, paper fingerprinting cards probably take longer to clear.

You can call the FBI (304-625-5590, then options 2, 5, 3), give them your alien number and check on the status of the fingerprints. They will not give you any details, but will tell you if 1) they received a request for USCIS to check your fingerprints against their database and 2) if the check has been completed and the results sent back to USCIS.

Assuming those have been completed, you're in the same board I'm in.

I have been fingerprinted and am waiting for an interview date.

Interview dates can take a while. Since your green card expires in November, you may want to talk to the U.S. embassy to see if they are able to issue an I-551 stamp in your passport like USCIS does stateside.

The USCIS guideline is that if you filed your N400 6 months before the expiration of your green card, you do not need to renew it and they will issue you the stamp.

Not sure if they go by the date you mailed it or the date they received it.

If you can get the stamp, that will provide proof of your permanent residency for travel purposes and save you a few hundred $ that it would cost you to renew the green card again (which would be stupid).

The USCIS policy is mentioned here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/CBO_042908.pdf

Hope this helps!

Chris

Time line:

03/18/2008: Texas Service Center received my application (per the USPS return receipt)

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - "You should expect to be notified within 210 days of this notice"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

3/9/2008- Sent it by Mail FROM Kuwait (APO) to Mesquite TX.. This took 21 days before received

3/31/2008 - Touched

4/9/2008- checked cash

4/16/2008 - Received NOA, letter stated that they will return by check the extra fees they received from me. I will be notified if they need anything from me..

Current Status: Case received and pending.

My question is:

1. I had included Fingerprint cards in the packet..This was done in the US Embassy kuwait. Will this be the reason why there is a delay on my timeline??

2. Do I still need to do biometrics even if I sent the FD 258 included in the N400 packet ?

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

My question is:

1. I had included Fingerprint cards in the packet..This was done in the US Embassy kuwait. Will this be the reason why there is a delay on my timeline??

2. Do I still need to do biometrics even if I sent the FD 258 included in the N400 packet ?

1. Paper fingerprint cards likely take a while to process. See my earlier post for the FBI phone number to check on status.

2. No, see my earlier post for details.

Chris

I just went to check on my case status and got a "Case Status Retrieval Failed" error.

From what I understand from other posts, that's a sign that I should get an interview letter in a week or so, I'm hoping... :unsure:

I'll keep you posted.

Chris

Time line:

05/20/2008: Case status on USCIS website gave a "Case Status Retrieval Failed" error - a sign of an imminent interview letter?

3/31/2008 - Touched

I called FBI by using above number, and they said that my fingerprints were sent back to USCIS, they told me after that the name check is being done, by different department in washington DC..

So there is 2 checks with FBI.

my fingerprints were done on 7 april 08, and FBI sent the results back the same day.

Name check, started...

who knows how long???

I called FBI by using above number, and they said that my fingerprints were sent back to USCIS, they told me after that the name check is being done, by different department in washington DC..

my fingerprints were done on 7 april 08, and FBI sent the results back the same day.

Name check, started...

who knows how long???

Depends on your name and if it matches/is close to any known terrorists/criminals.

Basically they compare your name with all the terrorist watch lists and criminal records. If you come up clean, USCIS continues the process, it might only hold you up for a day.

If you aren't that lucky, your name matches someone on a terrorist list or criminal record and someone has to manually verify that you are not that person. That can take months or, in some cases, years.

The FBI department doing the name checks does not accept inquiries, so there is no way for you to check with the FBI directly, you would need to go through USCIS for any updates.

Chris

Time line:

05/20/2008: Case status on USCIS website gave a "Case Status Retrieval Failed" error - a sign of an imminent interview letter?

3/31/2008 - Touched

Name check, started...

who knows how long???

Hey when i called uscis i talked to IO. She said that my A file was ordered from national record center..

whatever it means

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.