kalina

Question about my AOS interview???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello friends. Me and my daughter had our AOS interview today. Everything seemed to be in order. The immigration officer called us. We get into her room, swore and the interview began. She ask me to verify my address, names, dates and place of birth. After that she assured that we have submitted all documents with our AOS package and that the fees are paid. She said that everything is in order with papers and fees. She asked how we met and made copies of marriage and other photos which I had brought. It was everything. Finally we were told that everything is o.k., she approved us and will recommend us for approval to her boss. The lady explained to me that I will receive in a mail a green card within 2 or 4 weeks, and she also gave me an info about conditional green card. She gave us two sheets with interview results and we get out.

When I get into the car and looked at the papers which she gave to us I was so surprised. According to them our I 485 forms are currently under further review and we will be notified by mail when the decision is made.

She didn't take our I - 94 or my EAD card as they usually do when give approvals.

What should I think? Are we approved or this lady was dishonest. Why she congratulate us and said we are approved? Could anybody give me opinion? Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello friends. Me and my daughter had our AOS interview today. Everything seemed to be in order. The immigration officer called us. We get into her room, swore and the interview began. She ask me to verify my address, names, dates and place of birth. After that she assured that we have submitted all documents with our AOS package and that the fees are paid. She said that everything is in order with papers and fees. She asked how we met and made copies of marriage and other photos which I had brought. It was everything. Finally we were told that everything is o.k., she approved us and will recommend us for approval to her boss. The lady explained to me that I will receive in a mail a green card within 2 or 4 weeks, and she also gave me an info about conditional green card. She gave us two sheets with interview results and we get out.

When I get into the car and looked at the papers which she gave to us I was so surprised. According to them our I 485 forms are currently under further review and we will be notified by mail when the decision is made.

She didn't take our I - 94 or my EAD card as they usually do when give approvals.

What should I think? Are we approved or this lady was dishonest. Why she congratulate us and said we are approved? Could anybody give me opinion? Thanks in advance!

They didn't take my wife's either and she got her card with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Last week we received a letter from USCIS that our daughter's green card is approved. We received also another letter with a new appointment with the USCIS office for my husband in relation to my case. He went today and the lady asked him to verify some information. Three years before our marriage, my husband had a divorce with his first wife. At that time he and his first wife were permanent residents of the USA. They are both Bulgarian citizens. Their marriage was in our home country Bulgaria and they had their divorce in Bulgaria. So the lady from USCIS said that she is wondering why they filed for a divorce in Bulgaria, but not here in the USA, and she thought that this divorce is not valid in the USA. So now she will file an inquiry to the Attorney General about this and after his response they will sent us further information. According to me this is very strange. How they can accept marriages from the other countries but not accept the divorces. How they approved our I 130 and I 129 and I had my K3 visa approved if our marriage is not valid. Any opinions?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.