Lowen/Zhang

Sorry for being full of questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if when my wife completes her interview and hopefully obtains her visa, if she immediately comes to the USA can she travel back to China at any time? Does she have to file for a Chinese visa to re-enter China to visit her family or file a request for parole. I am trying to figure out when to bring her here. Immediately or wait until October. I don't know how fast Guangzhou acts on the interviews but we just returned the packet 3 to them. Is it possible as the web site says the interview will not be for 5 months which would be September or will it be 5 months from the approval of I-129F which was February making the interview in July. OF COURSE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HER HERE RIGHT AWAY!

The delima is that we have not had the time to have the traditional Chinese Wedding party. Now our clothes are made and ready but the time of the party can not be until October now. Just trying to come up with some ideas. Plus I want to see her and be with her to calm her at the time of the interview. Any experiences from those who have been through the complete process would help........ :unsure:

Mike

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Can anyone tell me if when my wife completes her interview and hopefully obtains her visa, if she immediately comes to the USA can she travel back to China at any time? Does she have to file for a Chinese visa to re-enter China to visit her family or file a request for parole. I am trying to figure out when to bring her here. Immediately or wait until October. I don't know how fast Guangzhou acts on the interviews but we just returned the packet 3 to them. Is it possible as the web site says the interview will not be for 5 months which would be September or will it be 5 months from the approval of I-129F which was February making the interview in July. OF COURSE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HER HERE RIGHT AWAY!

The delima is that we have not had the time to have the traditional Chinese Wedding party. Now our clothes are made and ready but the time of the party can not be until October now. Just trying to come up with some ideas. Plus I want to see her and be with her to calm her at the time of the interview. Any experiences from those who have been through the complete process would help........ :unsure:

Mike

I will try to answer a few of your questions:

The K-3 visa is a multiple entry visa, so she would be able to leave and return for as long as the visa is valid, no need for AP to return to the states. She will have her chinese passport so she will not need a chinese visa to enter china. If she natrualizes ( a couple of years down the road), she will then get a US passport, then she will need to get a visa just like you to enter china.

Guangzhou is a mysterious place. Since you have returned the P3, you could be looking at a June/July interview. June is probably a little optimistic. Unfortunately I would not be surpized to see August either. The names checks in china can be much worse than other countries due to the fact that there is not a very high number of surnames compared to 1.3 billion people. The time to P4/interview will depend on how fast the name checks are completed.

The only disadvantage to her coming as soon as she receives the visa then returning would be the cost of airfare. She will have at least six months to enter the US (that is debated on VJ, it may be the validity of the visa). So she could wait until after the wedding ceremony to come.

I'm surprized you had to wait for your wedding clothes. We went by this taylor shop and had the traditional dress in two days for less than 300 yuan and the quality was great and a perfect fit. That was for the red dress and jacket. Her white dress she had ordered a couple of months before our wedding.

You should check out www.candleforlove.com. It is like VJ, but only for China. You will get a much better idea of what to expect from the US consulate in Guangzhou there, no disrespect to VJ, but Guangzhou makes us wait much longer and it is kinda depressing to read about others receiving their visa in less than 6 months.

I wish you luck in the rest of your journey.

Edited by sigen

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mike

I will try to answer a few of your questions:

The K-3 visa is a multiple entry visa, so she would be able to leave and return for as long as the visa is valid, no need for AP to return to the states. She will have her chinese passport so she will not need a chinese visa to enter china. If she natrualizes ( a couple of years down the road), she will then get a US passport, then she will need to get a visa just like you to enter china.

Guangzhou is a mysterious place. Since you have returned the P3, you could be looking at a June/July interview. June is probably a little optimistic. Unfortunately I would not be surpized to see August either. The names checks in china can be much worse than other countries due to the fact that there is not a very high number of surnames compared to 1.3 billion people. The time to P4/interview will depend on how fast the name checks are completed.

The only disadvantage to her coming as soon as she receives the visa then returning would be the cost of airfare. She will have at least six months to enter the US (that is debated on VJ, it may be the validity of the visa). So she could wait until after the wedding ceremony to come.

I'm surprized you had to wait for your wedding clothes. We went by this taylor shop and had the traditional dress in two days for less than 300 yuan and the quality was great and a perfect fit. That was for the red dress and jacket. Her white dress she had ordered a couple of months before our wedding.

You should check out www.candleforlove.com. It is like VJ, but only for China. You will get a much better idea of what to expect from the US consulate in Guangzhou there, no disrespect to VJ, but Guangzhou makes us wait much longer and it is kinda depressing to read about others receiving their visa in less than 6 months.

I wish you luck in the rest of your journey.

Thanks for the help sorry for such a long time to answer. I infact have been in the candleforlove site learning all I can about the process. As far as the wait on the clothes we got both sets her dress and my clothes made but then she changed her mind and wanted a different material (LOVE THIS WOMAN) so we bought it and had the new dress made all for under 400 yuan tailored and all 100% silk (IMAGINE THE COST IN THE USA). She wants to have the party just before she leaves China to travel to the USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.