The Squozen One

I got Packet 3. AGAIN. Help!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay. I've had Packet 3 once already; filled in all the forms, collected all the data and scheduled and had the medical. Just waiting to be called for the interview now. However, during all of that, I moved house. I both emailed and wrote to the Embassy informing them of my change of address... and now they've sent me Packet 3, AGAIN, to my new address.

Is this just a mistake on their part? Or do I have to worryingly infer from this that they haven't got my DS-230, DS-156 and DS-156k from before, that it got lost somewhere, and they're sending Packet 3 again because that's what their records are telling them is the most recent thing I need?

I sent everything requested in Packet 3 on next-day delivery, so I'm going to be ROYALLY pissed if anything has gotten lost.

I assume I can't email them to ask, as they would consider that a 'status check' and just delete the email. Please, if there's anyone out there who changed address during the process and got duplicate information sent to their new address, please let me know. I'm freaking out here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ARGHHHHH.

Just called the Embassy, and although they said it's probably just a mistake on their end, they advise sending all the Packet 3 forms AGAIN, just to make sure, with a covering letter explaining why they're getting them again.

So that's ANOTHER round of forms, ANOTHER £6 or so next-day delivery, and more nonsense and delays. The inefficiancy makes me want to scream.

I just had a thought.

Would it be possible for me, the USC, to call the DOS and ask them if they even got her stuff?

As far as I knew, DOS gets electronic updates from the Embassy or whatever, so wouldn't they know when they got her P3?

Someone please let me know ASAP so I can call if necessary.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: Timeline
I just had a thought.

Would it be possible for me, the USC, to call the DOS and ask them if they even got her stuff?

As far as I knew, DOS gets electronic updates from the Embassy or whatever, so wouldn't they know when they got her P3?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I thought DoS only knows that the petition was received. I don't think they keep track of packets, but someone please pipe up if I'm misinformed.

Bump, I'd like to hear from anyone who knows if calling DOS can make a difference or get us information.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

I-485

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Bump, I'd like to hear from anyone who knows if calling DOS can make a difference or get us information.

The DoS can tell you if P3 was sent and if P4 was sent. They Can not (or will not) tell you if your completed P3 was received by the embassy. I know. I tried.

The DoS can tell you if P3 was sent and if P4 was sent. They Can not (or will not) tell you if your completed P3 was received by the embassy. I know. I tried.

They can't (or won't?) tell us why we got a second P3?

Amy told me she had some sort of delivery confirmation, and she got a receipt that the embassy got her first P3.

We just want to know why she got a second P3, and if she really needs to be sending a second P3, and if this is delaying our process even more, etc.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

I-485

Timeline
I just had a thought.

I was answering this question when I answered you up above. I think you were asking if DoS could verify that the embassy had received a returned P3. I called them and asked them that very question in December and the woman I spoke with told me that DoS has no way of knowing this and that she could only tell me if P3 had been sent by the embassy and if an interview date had been assigned. I'm not sure if she was being truthful as she was a bit on the nasty side, which is why I said can't or won't.

They can't (or won't?) tell us why we got a second P3?

Amy told me she had some sort of delivery confirmation, and she got a receipt that the embassy got her first P3.

We just want to know why she got a second P3, and if she really needs to be sending a second P3, and if this is delaying our process even more, etc.

I wasn't aware that you'd also gotten another P3 when I responded above. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and call the extortion line. They can give Amy the code to email the embassy to confirm receit of P3.

I wasn't aware that you'd also gotten another P3 when I responded above. If it were me, I'd bite the bullet and call the extortion line. They can give Amy the code to email the embassy to confirm receit of P3.

She called the Embassy earlier today and whoever she talked to apparently couldn't help her or whatever, cause they told her to resend the new P3 just in case or something. You'd have to ask her exactly what was said, I don't remember.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

I-485

Timeline

She called the Embassy earlier today and whoever she talked to apparently couldn't help her or whatever, cause they told her to resend the new P3 just in case or something. You'd have to ask her exactly what was said, I don't remember.

I think I've just connected the dots! Is the Squozen One your fiancee???? If so, then this whole thread suddenly makes sense to me! :lol:

Anyhow, I find it hard to believe that they couldn't give her the email code to verify with the embassy directly. I know I shlouldn't be surprised that people don't help, but I still always try to have faith! You guys must be so pissed off since you've been jerked around so much.

All I can tell you is what the DoS told me back in Decemer, but you could still give them a call tomorrow anyway. You might get lucky and find they've finally scheduled an interview date! Good luck you guys! You've certainly waited long enough!

I think I've just connected the dots! Is the Squozen One your fiancee???? If so, then this whole thread suddenly makes sense to me! :lol:

Anyhow, I find it hard to believe that they couldn't give her the email code to verify with the embassy directly. I know I shlouldn't be surprised that people don't help, but I still always try to have faith! You guys must be so pissed off since you've been jerked around so much.

All I can tell you is what the DoS told me back in Decemer, but you could still give them a call tomorrow anyway. You might get lucky and find they've finally scheduled an interview date! Good luck you guys! You've certainly waited long enough!

Yeah that's her :P

See, she had just moved house, and they sent a new P3 to her new address. But she mailed off the P3 forms long before she moved. She just mailed back the checklist late last week and had the medical this week and then they sent her a new P3...

She has an email code to talk to the embassy if I remember, cause she used it to send her new address to them, and clearly they got it because they sent it to the new address. But yeah...

I just want to know if this affected it, if they're going to look at the 2nd one, if they looked at the first, blah blah blah...

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

I-485

The London embassy have a reputation for losing packets. They lost my returned packet 3. I had to call the embassy premium number to find this out. I resent my P3 and got a P4 within a week.

I can understand your frustration. Stick with it.

All the best.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Timeline
Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I thought DoS only knows that the petition was received. I don't think they keep track of packets, but someone please pipe up if I'm misinformed.

Just wanted to update my post. I called Department of State this morning to see if my petition had arrived in Moscow (it did, yay!) and then I remembered this thread. So I asked the lady if there was a way for me to know when the packet was sent out to Nadya. She said yes, to just call the Department of State number and they would be able to tell me if/when the packet (packet 4 in the case of Moscow, as they only send out one packet) went out.

So it does seem as if DoS are able to tell you when packet 3/4 went out, at least in the case of Moscow. It would not hurt for you to give them a call and ask. Please report back here what they tell you.

Well, Amy updated me this morning and said that she did not actually track whether her package had been received properly the first time.

She paid for next-day delivery on a Friday, and was given a number to track it which did not work.

Today her mother went to mail it again, and was told they couldn't guarantee next-day since it was Saturday and 'they might not be there' but they could guarantee a Monday delivery, so that's what they paid for this time.

Amy seems to think that it's possible the Embassy just got a notice to go pick something up and just never did. That, coupled with the response above about London being good about losing packets (and bear in mind, this is actually the third P3 we got. Because somewhere between mailing the first one and us, it was lost. So we requested a 2nd, got it, sent it back....and now we've got a 3rd...

This is ridiculous. We're actually ready for this to be over and to be seen and everything and they're f*cking it all up!! >_<

Edited by thejoz

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

I-485

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.