Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Lawny, i know what you mean, i have already gotten questions like, " so is this a fling?" " how do you afford to go?" or " your going again? (smirk, smirk), how was the sex!!!!! shyt like that..i had to just put on my headphones take a couple deep breaths and try not to act a nut up in here....lol

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Lawny, i know what you mean, i have already gotten questions like, " so is this a fling?" " how do you afford to go?" or " your going again? (smirk, smirk), how was the sex!!!!! shyt like that..i had to just put on my headphones take a couple deep breaths and try not to act a nut up in here....lol

OMG! I thought I was the only one with wack a$$ co-workers. They met my fiance last week and they were all like I bet he can put it down...you know how Jamaican men are in bed...then I get the DEXTER comments and some go as far as asking about his ****. Oh and one more thing, if one more person says anything about "STELLA" I'm going to flick off. Even though I've been here for 11 years a lot of people don't know where I'm from.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Everyone seems to say stupid ####### like that. Just ignore those fools.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Its the same for me. All the comments and remarks drive me insane..And yes, everyone wonders how come she goes so much, how can she afford to go to JA so often. Then when they seen my ring, it just gave them something else to talk about. One really funny thing, I don't care for passion marks at all and my SO had bitten me on my neck. It was a very unpleasant mark, very noticeable. I told him, oh great give the folks in the office something else to yap about. I don't care one bit. He replied, "just tell them you came to see your husband"...

tymoore

Timeline

OMG! I thought I was the only one with wack a$$ co-workers. They met my fiance last week and they were all like I bet he can put it down...you know how Jamaican men are in bed...then I get the DEXTER comments and some go as far as asking about his ****. Oh and one more thing, if one more person says anything about "STELLA" I'm going to flick off. Even though I've been here for 11 years a lot of people don't know where I'm from.

I am with you on this one. First of all, I NEVER lost my GD groove.

I always want to ask people if they read the book and/or saw the movie and really paid attention. I did both. I can tell you, my life and relationship does not mirror that stupid story one bit. Yes, I met my husband in Jamaica. And, yes, he is Jamaican. Yes, we eventually married. Other then that, my story does not mirror that story one freakin' bit.

I think I am going to carry copies of the book. Next time someone says something, I am going to shove a copy of the book down their throats!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I know the other day i was kind of offended because I had someone tell me that maybe me and my SO shouldn't get hitched right away because he will probably need time to get adjusted. Then they asked if we had to get married right away in order for him to come to the U.S. Basically trying to tell me that maybe we should wait because things may not work, is how I took these comments. The nerve of people.

tymoore

Timeline
I know the other day i was kind of offended because I had someone tell me that maybe me and my SO shouldn't get hitched right away because he will probably need time to get adjusted. Then they asked if we had to get married right away in order for him to come to the U.S. Basically trying to tell me that maybe we should wait because things may not work, is how I took these comments. The nerve of people.

So if it dont work out!!! How does that affect them! so what now they are playing the role of GOD!!!

Such rubbish!

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Timeline

I always want to ask people if they read the book and/or saw the movie and really paid attention. I did both. I can tell you, my life and relationship does not mirror that stupid story one bit. Yes, I met my husband in Jamaica. And, yes, he is Jamaican. Yes, we eventually married. Other then that, my story does not mirror that story one freakin' bit.

I think I am going to carry copies of the book. Next time someone says something, I am going to shove a copy of the book down their throats!

Wow I never got this from coworkers. They always asked why does it take so long for him to ge here its not right with all the illegals running around in our town.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Wow I never got this from coworkers. They always asked why does it take so long for him to ge here its not right with all the illegals running around in our town.

Mrs. B'

Your blessed to have commonsense co-workers. Some people are just plain STUPID and don't know what to say when they open their mouths. I guess when your quiet and stay to yourself they have to find something and someone to talk about.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

So if it dont work out!!! How does that affect them! so what now they are playing the role of GOD!!!

Such rubbish!

Oh Ty people said this to me too. The professor my husband and I use to have said he was going to use me for the green card and all my money. That is how Jamaicans are. We should not get married ever. She use to make a comment when I went down to teach don't pick up any Jamaicans to her students and look at me. I just pushed all the negative comments aside. It took us awhile though. My parents at first weren't pleased but they turned around and threw us the best wedding ever down in Jamaica. My father said I was old enough to make my own decisions. And to my proffesor well she didn't find out about our little girl until a month after she was born. We kept it a secret until someone told her. She was a negative person. She told me that when he gets here he will find the wrong type of black people to hang out with too. One of his new friends ran in to her the other day at the music building not knowing she was there. She made another rude comment about how Jamaicans play music but they can't read it. My hubbies friend told me wow she is pleasant. Anyway you just have to be strong no one understands at all at first. And sometimes there will people who never get it. So we stay away from the negative comments. Tymoore if you can avoid I would do that cause it won't help the relationship especially when he gets here.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Mrs. B'

Your blessed to have commonsense co-workers. Some people are just plain STUPID and don't know what to say when they open their mouths. I guess when your quiet and stay to yourself they have to find something and someone to talk about.

Yes I am blessed to have very nice coworkers. I think its my occupation and everyone loved to hear the story on how we met. I just now how many rude people theie are out there. Trying to butt into peoples business. My question is do they have a life or what!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
What's up FORBES,

Hope all is well. Unfortunately he was not joking. All what he said was confirmed by her husband's father and brothers and the woman called her almost all day yesterday. For the life of me I can't understand why he choose to call and tell her he was with another woman except to be CRUEL. He told his father that he had to tell his wife what happened in order to clear his head...my response WTH. I've been calling her all morning and she won't answer. I don't know if I should call her mom and sisters to go check on her as she's pregnant and already under a lot of stress. She's not a work (she called out today) and I'm getting worried.

Wait a minute - the woman who phocked HER husband called her all day yesterday??!!!! ####### for, to rub it in her face more?? And I don't buy the clear his head thing. If that was truly the case then he would need to do that after the fact, not while in the midst of it!!! He was intentionally being rude and hurtful and he is freakin scum of the ocean!! :angry:

I see why the poor girl is not answering her phone today!! When I have something that I need to work out I like to be left alone too, but as long as her mother or sister knows her situation, I would call them for my own piece of mind.

You are a good friend Lawny. She is going to need all the support she can get right now.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I read this quote the other day:

No one falls in love by choice, it is by CHANCE.

No one stays in love by chance, it is by WORK.

And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by CHOICE .

I think it is very fitting with our journeys.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

BelwinMills,

OMG that's horrible. Its terrible to think that people can actually behave that way. Your professor must definitely be a very unhappy and lonely soul. I've been finding that for the most part, my family is okay with it, but its the coworkers and friends who seem to be envious and have the negative comments. The previous comment I mentioned in my earlier post didn't come from a family member but someone whom I'm very close to who is just like family. He's like the grandfather i never had. Always gives me advice. I think maybe he's afraid that we won't be close or able to talk anymore once I'm married. Because after he made the comment about me and my SO waiting for awhile, he said, " well he won't have a problem with you still keeping in touch with poppa will he?"..He's almost 78 and considers me a daughter. I told him no of course not, (actually my SO already knows about him).. He says he knows I can take care of myself he just wants to make sure I'm making the right decision. Hopefully he will be able to make the trip up from CALI for the wedding but at his age he isn't to thrilled of the thought of flying.

Edited by TYMOORE

tymoore

What's up FORBES,

Hope all is well. Unfortunately he was not joking. All what he said was confirmed by her husband's father and brothers and the woman called her almost all day yesterday. For the life of me I can't understand why he choose to call and tell her he was with another woman except to be CRUEL. He told his father that he had to tell his wife what happened in order to clear his head...my response WTH. I've been calling her all morning and she won't answer. I don't know if I should call her mom and sisters to go check on her as she's pregnant and already under a lot of stress. She's not a work (she called out today) and I'm getting worried.

Wait a minute - the woman who phocked HER husband called her all day yesterday??!!!! ####### for, to rub it in her face more?? And I don't buy the clear his head thing. If that was truly the case then he would need to do that after the fact, not while in the midst of it!!! He was intentionally being rude and hurtful and he is freakin scum of the ocean!! :angry:

I see why the poor girl is not answering her phone today!! When I have something that I need to work out I like to be left alone too, but as long as her mother or sister knows her situation, I would call them for my own piece of mind.

You are a good friend Lawny. She is going to need all the support she can get right now.

They don't know and that's why I'm sooooo worried. I don't know what to do. I'm going to wait a few more hours. I really need advice here...what should I do. I know she would freak out if she did not hear from me all morning. I've left several messages and no answer. I can't even eat or concentrate at work.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.