Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah jengs..Mtvernon is $4.30...by me its like $4.50....

yea i never wait til empty to fill up..instead of filling up for the higher price u have for the higher price

translation please

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey, Jengs....I do find myself doing a quarter of my errands now. It's sad. When I have to do something, it's like planning some huge affair.....I do this on the way to this on the way to this. I turn people down all the time. I've even recently called my part-time job to ask if they are slow and think they will cut me early. It's not worth the 20 mile trek if I'm not going to work long enough to make it worth my while.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Talking about gas. I have a minivan and I get pretty good gas mileage as long as I don't drive like a BAT out of HELL. I filled up yesterday just under $47.00 for midrange. The guy next to me was putting $5.00 (I thought I was reading it wrong). His ESCALADE tag ID (now ya'll can't laugh) "I KANDY". Now, why the hell would that man have that on his tag. My girlfriend was like now, where the hell is that going to take him. It seems like if he drove to the end of the gas station he would have ran out of gas.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Talking about gas. I have a minivan and I get pretty good gas mileage as long as I don't drive like a BAT out of HELL. I filled up yesterday just under $47.00 for midrange. The guy next to me was putting $5.00 (I thought I was reading it wrong). His ESCALADE tag ID (now ya'll can't laugh) "I KANDY". Now, why the hell would that man have that on his tag. My girlfriend was like now, where the hell is that going to take him. It seems like if he drove to the end of the gas station he would have ran out of gas.

Maybe that was his girlfriend, Kandy's car and he was just getting it back to the front of her house for her to fill up.

Ironically, I kind of see you driving like a bat out of hell, Tre. Flipping people off and yelling out the window at them. NO????????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Maybe that was his girlfriend, Kandy's car and he was just getting it back to the front of her house for her to fill up.

Ironically, I kind of see you driving like a bat out of hell, Tre. Flipping people off and yelling out the window at them. NO????????

No, not me never that. People treat you differently when you in a minivan (at least that's what I've experienced). When I had my truck, I would have to beg to get into a traffic. I even have people give up spaces they were going to park in. But I behave when I'm around the wheel for the most part. :innocent: Plus my vehicle is bigger than the average, so I don't think people want to mess with this crazy A$$ Jamaican woman:rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mi cyaan even tink bout what di price fi gas will be in a month or two. Unfortunately I live in NC and there isn't much by way of public transportation except for the bus--which I would ride except the nature of my job won't allow it (I do a lot of home visits and going to various places in the community as a case manager). That's one thing I miss about living in the MD/DC/VA area...I used to loooove taking the metro! I hope to be able to move next summer to ATL, and I know their transit system is better.

On a lighter note--I leave for Negril in a week!! I can't wait to see my wonderful husband!! :dance::dance::dance:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Mi cyaan even tink bout what di price fi gas will be in a month or two. Unfortunately I live in NC and there isn't much by way of public transportation except for the bus--which I would ride except the nature of my job won't allow it (I do a lot of home visits and going to various places in the community as a case manager). That's one thing I miss about living in the MD/DC/VA area...I used to loooove taking the metro! I hope to be able to move next summer to ATL, and I know their transit system is better.

On a lighter note--I leave for Negril in a week!! I can't wait to see my wonderful husband!! :dance::dance::dance:

Good afternoon all!!

I feel u all on the gas woes.. we haven't reached $4 yet, but it will be there before we know it here in Dallas. But, gotta do what I gotta do. I keep hearing them mention this 4 day week for govt workers, but I know I will find SOMEWHERE to go that 5th day so I might as well stick w/ my 8 hour days..

My friends are coming back from their mobay/negril trip (they always rent a car and head to either ochi or negril) I couldn't go this year but can't wait to hear about all their escapades.

I know most of u ladies are yaadies from bawn, but for any others..How did ur children feel about u having a SO from Jamaica?? my daugh is quite rigid. she is not very open to things and doesnt like for her boat to be rocked.. It doesnt help that she is a DADDY's girl and he is very open about his dislike for JA.. I would like to think that whatever made me happy would make her happy HOWEVER, I have been a parent long enough to know that is not gonna be true in our case.. Now my youngest would be cool, but my oldest?? not so much LOL. any experiences???

Good afternoon all!!

I feel u all on the gas woes.. we haven't reached $4 yet, but it will be there before we know it here in Dallas. But, gotta do what I gotta do. I keep hearing them mention this 4 day week for govt workers, but I know I will find SOMEWHERE to go that 5th day so I might as well stick w/ my 8 hour days..

My friends are coming back from their mobay/negril trip (they always rent a car and head to either ochi or negril) I couldn't go this year but can't wait to hear about all their escapades.

I know most of u ladies are yaadies from bawn, but for any others..How did ur children feel about u having a SO from Jamaica?? my daugh is quite rigid. she is not very open to things and doesnt like for her boat to be rocked.. It doesnt help that she is a DADDY's girl and he is very open about his dislike for JA.. I would like to think that whatever made me happy would make her happy HOWEVER, I have been a parent long enough to know that is not gonna be true in our case.. Now my youngest would be cool, but my oldest?? not so much LOL. any experiences???

My son met my SO the same time I did. He was talking a hole in my SO's head. And they were running around the tennis court like to squirls in a tree. My SO came to visit my family and I for a week and I watch how he interacted with my son. By the 3rd day, my son forgot all about me. He didn't even want to hold my hand when we went out...he was hitched up under my SO. We had to left him fall asleep before my SO drove back to Mobay and when my son would walk in the morning he would ask me where's Marcel. To tell you the truth I was very afraid, you know how kids can get attached to people, especially when they're young. Marcel doesn't know I'm bringing my son with me on this visiti, it's a surprise. He doesn't have any kids and I know he will treat my son very well. The only problem I've encountered so far is my DAMN EX (he's always asking my son things). Things you're not suppose to ask a 4-year-old. Like who does mommy talk to on the phone at night. My son told me "daddy always asking who is at the house." I think the ex can play a role in whether your child gets along with your SO or not. Some men or women are blessed that they don't have to deal with some simple minded dumb A$$ (I'm sorry I had to let that out). He just called to cuss me out and I had to hang up the phone. He's telling me I can't take my son to Jamaica and I'll be getting served this week to go to court to overturn the custody order...WHAT A WASTE OF MY FRIGGIN TIME...... :angry: ......I'm so tired of this. :crying:

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
yeah jengs..Mtvernon is $4.30...by me its like $4.50....

yea i never wait til empty to fill up..instead of filling up for the higher price u have for the higher price

translation please

:rofl:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon all!!

My son met my SO the same time I did. He was talking a hole in my SO's head. And they were running around the tennis court like to squirls in a tree. My SO came to visit my family and I for a week and I watch how he interacted with my son. By the 3rd day, my son forgot all about me. He didn't even want to hold my hand when we went out...he was hitched up under my SO. We had to left him fall asleep before my SO drove back to Mobay and when my son would walk in the morning he would ask me where's Marcel. To tell you the truth I was very afraid, you know how kids can get attached to people, especially when they're young. Marcel doesn't know I'm bringing my son with me on this visiti, it's a surprise. He doesn't have any kids and I know he will treat my son very well. The only problem I've encountered so far is my DAMN EX (he's always asking my son things). Things you're not suppose to ask a 4-year-old. Like who does mommy talk to on the phone at night. My son told me "daddy always asking who is at the house." I think the ex can play a role in whether your child gets along with your SO or not. Some men or women are blessed that they don't have to deal with some simple minded dumb A$$ (I'm sorry I had to let that out). He just called to cuss me out and I had to hang up the phone. He's telling me I can't take my son to Jamaica and I'll be getting served this week to go to court to overturn the custody order...WHAT A WASTE OF MY FRIGGIN TIME...... :angry: ......I'm so tired of this. :crying:

Sheesh - I am sorry you have to deal with that - being that last thing you need to deal with along with the upcoming interview, etc. Want me to call my cousins Vinnie and Luigi for some knee breaking??? :whistle:

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline

Good afternoon all!!

How old is she?

My kids met Andre the same day I did. They liked him. Justin went back again and we stayed with Andre at his house. I think the experience was a real eye opener for him. They are best buds now. My daughter was intially a little skeptical. She warmed up pretty quickly and adores him.

Both my kids are now excited about the prospect of having a little JA brother. Guess we'll see.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Good afternoon all!!

Sheesh - I am sorry you have to deal with that - being that last thing you need to deal with along with the upcoming interview, etc. Want me to call my cousins Vinnie and Luigi for some knee breaking??? :whistle:

Yeah man...call dem. He thinks if the judge overturns the temporary order he'll be able to keep my son from going with me. My attorney told him he's just wasting his time as well as mine. I don't have any choice I have to show up in court. Like the other 6 times. It's not like I'm going to run off with my son to a foreign country...that's where I was born and raise.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Good afternoon all!!

YUH TELL THE RAAS PICKNEY GYAL TO STOP TWIST UP SHE NOSE!! :angry: Just kidding, I know what you mean though. Is she a teen? Its like teens have the mentality of an 80 year old sometime "cyaan rock dem boat, cyaan deal wit change, don't like nothing dem kno nothin about"...cho! I think its gonna have to be a work in progress. But she first will need to learn a lesson about diversity and realize that the WORLD is not just her immediate surroundings, but a vast diverse land with many many people...all of who God made and loves. She probably just needs a little more exposure to things that are not in her comfort zone...to see the way others live and then that could give her some perspespective as to how small her "world" really is. :star:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Good afternoon all!!

I know how u feel Tre.. if and when I do take the next step, it will be like walking on coals of fire w/ barefeet. my ex doesn't think of the kids when he makes lil remarks.. i try to tell him that their outlook on life will be mainly created by us, so we have to watch what we say and do. You think that means anything?? he LIKES to make things difficult for me regardless of whether he uses them or not. I don't know if I would ever be able to PEACEFULLY take them to JA. I hope RG would be strong enough to endure, her really loves my girls even though he has never seen them and he has already had a taste of my ex's games so I think he should be prepared..

I appreciate that he is not a deadbeat dad and is interested in being in his daughters lives, but sometimes I wish it was the other way around.. its like a tug of war w/ EVERY LIL THING..

Glad that your son loves Marcel and I pray that God sets up a standard against whatever trick, plan or plot the enemy will try to use your EX to set up in your life..

Thanks for your story...

Timeline

Good afternoon all!!

YUH TELL THE RAAS PICKNEY GYAL TO STOP TWIST UP SHE NOSE!! :angry: Just kidding, I know what you mean though. Is she a teen? Its like teens have the mentality of an 80 year old sometime "cyaan rock dem boat, cyaan deal wit change, don't like nothing dem kno nothin about"...cho! I think its gonna have to be a work in progress. But she first will need to learn a lesson about diversity and realize that the WORLD is not just her immediate surroundings, but a vast diverse land with many many people...all of who God made and loves. She probably just needs a little more exposure to things that are not in her comfort zone...to see the way others live and then that could give her some perspespective as to how small her "world" really is. :star:

LOL.. nuh Lita yuh dead on bout dis gyal ere.. She got it honest cuz I was the same wey growing up, so u are right.. its important that I expose her to different things. Something as lil as dinner is a fight with this one, "i don't like peppers..are these onions..this don't look right" LOL CHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is 10, but believe me 10 is the new 16.. I am only 29, but I feel like I am 50 around her, Nothing I say or do is acceptable.

Jomo, tanks for di input. I hope she warms up like your lil girl did.. when the time comes LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.