13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Family!!

KEN IS HERE!!!!! He is watching me type this right now (hehehehehehehehehehe). He got in around 10:30 last night and FINALLY came out of customs at 11:30!!!! I just keep starring at him and giggling cyan't believe em reach!

He says "Hi" to you all and thanks you for holding down his ooman! Well we have some running around to do today!

I'll check-in with ya'll later ;)

Have a bless-ed day!

:luv: Gill

Welcome Ken!!!!!

Gill...when is the wedding?

Bwoy Dimps, I don't really know...haven't thought that far ahead...But I am thinking 5/23/08...exactly 18 months after the day we met!

Bless,

Gill

I got married on May 1st this year will be 6 years! Go for it you know you have 90 days to do it.

Timeline

We went to buy him a big Parka yesterday...with a wool hat...gloves...scarf...and ear muffs! My man was ready to buy a ski-mask too! I had to look at him like it's not even THAT cold! Poor ting!

:lol: :lol:-Gill

LAWD!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I can see my husband wanting a big old north face and i wear a little spring leather jacket all winter long. I can't stand all the clothes because I get hot so fast. I can't even sleep with covers on my head or feet @ night.

Timeline
just go down there armed with knowledge, i've read where people have been given the run around with K-1s and their right to have a ss#. there might be a guide in the pinned section of the K-1 forum, after y marriage some haven't been able to apply for a SS, they were told marriage voids the visa, since it is a fiancee visa.

What that is BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
about the SS card....you SHOULD wait at least 2 weeks to make sure the name is in the system....he has to fill out a form that you can get on the ss website and you can get it before you are married....

I was wondering if things have changed....we were told to wait 10 days after the POE then apply for the SS card. We applied on a Monday and he got it that Friday.....no problems because we waited to him to get in the system.

maybe they have....i really also think it depends where you go to get it....i think mike and i waited a pretty long time just to make sure it was in the system....

heard anything yet on the 10 yr GC?

Nope, nothing yet. We made an INFOpass appointment for next Thursday to get his passport stamped to he can continue to work and travel.

2 more weeks....I'm so excited for you and Jax.

oh wow...at least he will be able to still work and travel with the stamp....

i know i am counting down the days....it really could be anytime her size is big enough to be born....so whenever she decided to drop.... :lol:

I bet you are sooo ready! :yes:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TGIF everyone

My epidural was a godsend, because once the pitocin kicked in my contractions went from being bearable to me crying in pain for Jesus :lol:

It took a good while for them to get the catherer in the right place because I kept feeling it (and that was mainly because my back was not positioned correctly) but I felt every urge to push. My placenta would not come out when I pushed so the doc had to go in and get it (thank you epidural!) and then I would not stop bleeding so they had to go in again and remove clots (thank you epidural!).

If we have another child I would still like to have the natural experience at a birthing center, but if I have to be induced with pitocin then that will be out of the window.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

double post

Edited by Jonesie

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Welcome to the States Ken! Gill you be sure to keep him warm :devil:

Mi trying Gurl...mi trying!!! :devil: We went to buy him a big Parka yesterday...with a wool hat...gloves...scarf...and ear muffs! My man was ready to buy a ski-mask too! I had to look at him like it's not even THAT cold! Poor ting!

:lol: :lol:-Gill

I don't blame him! If I were there I'd have everything covered but my eyeballs, and there would be pinhole size pricks so that I could breathe from my nose :lol:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
about the SS card....you SHOULD wait at least 2 weeks to make sure the name is in the system....he has to fill out a form that you can get on the ss website and you can get it before you are married....

I was wondering if things have changed....we were told to wait 10 days after the POE then apply for the SS card. We applied on a Monday and he got it that Friday.....no problems because we waited to him to get in the system.

maybe they have....i really also think it depends where you go to get it....i think mike and i waited a pretty long time just to make sure it was in the system....

heard anything yet on the 10 yr GC?

Nope, nothing yet. We made an INFOpass appointment for next Thursday to get his passport stamped to he can continue to work and travel.

2 more weeks....I'm so excited for you and Jax.

oh wow...at least he will be able to still work and travel with the stamp....

i know i am counting down the days....it really could be anytime her size is big enough to be born....so whenever she decided to drop.... :lol:

I bet you are sooo ready! :yes:

more then ready..... :lol:

TGIF everyone

My epidural was a godsend, because once the pitocin kicked in my contractions went from being bearable to me crying in pain for Jesus :lol:

It took a good while for them to get the catherer in the right place because I kept feeling it (and that was mainly because my back was not positioned correctly) but I felt every urge to push. My placenta would not come out when I pushed so the doc had to go in and get it (thank you epidural!) and then I would not stop bleeding so they had to go in again and remove clots (thank you epidural!).

If we have another child I would still like to have the natural experience at a birthing center, but if I have to be induced with pitocin then that will be out of the window.

sounds like you had a wonderful time :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey dere ladies ave you eard of the "I can make you thin man - Paul Mckenna?" Anybody watchin TLC and apply de principals to knoa ei tru fe lose de weight?

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ken..welcome..FINALLY my yute !!

OK...what do we has women have o proove because some refuse to be in horrible pain for hours sometimes days like I was...cvan u imagine if i took no meds PLEASE!!...ppl say did u have her naturally or with drugs...ok when since any birth is not natural..why put urself and UR PRECIOUS BABY in labor to prove something to society or is it "braggin rights" please mi no agree wid dat eida and I WILL be taking drugs again God's willing and no matter how it come out it natural....AMERICA !! a no like JA wah ppl affi worry bout paying fi this meds or back in the day when there was none...

Kimkim,

Ken seh "Respect!"

Ok, suh yesterday we went to Social Security office...she seh 10 days - 4 weeks! :wacko: Whateva! Ken's first day here was GREAT! He has met 4 cousins and they all Like him! My best girl friend...she LOVED him! And the big Kahuna... Met my father...han Bwoy, deh way em reason wid em...Mi knoa my Dad likes em! :thumbs: I was so worried about all of my lives clashing...but so far...it's been great! I am still in awe that he is here. He has been great! My boys ADORE him...even deh wan name Gavin! :no:

We went to Roosevelt Field (a Huge mall on Long Island). Ken was like "Bwoy, mi couldda git 3-4 jobs inna dis place alone!" (typical Jamaican :lol: :lol: :no:)

He has honestly been great. Just taking in everything and HEARING what I am telling him!

Love ya'll...check in later! Have a great day and a good weekend...LOVE YA'LL!!!!! :luv:(L):luv:(L)

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- Disclaimer...Ken designed his own meez...we had to settle on dat wan...b/c dem nuh mek nuh meez fuh wat he actully wanted(I had to tell emMeez is strictly 'G' -rated) :devil: ...em a tek em meez ova from mi now! :lol: :lol: (

I know that's right Ken! :lol::lol::rofl:

I like a man who weighs his options Gill.....LOL.....I'm glad u two are having fun and getting out to experience things....sounds like all is well!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
while we are on the subject of labor are there any other meds beside the epidural??? I itch from it and would really like something else for next time.

There is something else they will give you in an IV. It's more of a take the edge off kind of thing. I forget what it's called now.

Demerol...i heard that can make you very loopy....

Yeah, Demerol is a muscle relaxer but it makes a lot of people really nauseated and since it's somewhat of a sedative, some people come out of it feeling a little depressed and withdrawn.....atleast that's what i've seen working as a hospital social worker. LOL

I had to take that after I had fibroids removed in 2006 and it does make you a little loopy....

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline

SJB1221 and JG that sounds about right. Checking off the box on the visa form doesn't GUARANTEE a SS#

The officer told me and Dave the same thing just on Tuesday. We checked off the box on the DS230 and she said that's just so the SSA can ENTER their info into their system. She said that "shortens" the wait time on the other side but that Dave still needs to clear the POE.....wait about 2 weeks and then go and actually FILE for the SS#.

I'm thinking 10-14 days is sufficient time to go a file for the number. I definitely wouldn't wait till after u get married........

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

You all won't believe this but Dave just called me a few minutes ago and said HE ALREADY GOT THE VISA FROM AIRPACK TODAY - in just 3 days!!!! :dance::dance:

He couldn't believe it....we just left there on Tuesday night?! Somebody must be watching over us for sure. ;)

Now you know if we planned for him to come back with me this week, that woulda never happened....right?

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey dere ladies ave you eard of the "I can make you thin man - Paul Mckenna?" Anybody watchin TLC and apply de principals to knoa ei tru fe lose de weight?

Wakey

I've been watching it but have not tried any of his principals yet. Its very interesting and worth a try since its free.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.