starlarose

Dublin Embassy

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Last week my boy sent his Packet 3 back to the embassy finally as we thought we would have a month between the statement of reddiness and his interview date. We are still waiting on the UK Police Cert that is taking forever and now medical results (which he just had done today as we thought a month away). Well it seems Packet 4 showed up yesterday (March 3) with interview date of March 7th. ACK.

Thankfully they are very nice and let us reschedule. They told us soon as we get the UK police cert; which seems to be delayed for everyone, to call back and they would fit us in. I am sad he can't go on the 7th. I am irritated with myself cause part of it is my fault for not understanding when to do the police certs. But that was very fast.

-Dawn

-Dawn(Vinny-Irish/Dawn-American)

08/14/13: CITIZEN! We are done!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for this Dawn...it is both good news that things are going quickly, and unfortunate that it's going faster than you thought. I can't imagine the frustration of having to postpone a scheduled interview - I'm feeling for you. Based on what you are saying, I have a question though.

I am Irish, but lived in UK from Oct 2000 to July 2007, and moved to Canada to go to school in September 07. My course ends Jun 08, so I'll either move to the US on a work permit (I have work lined up but not sure if I'll get a permit in time), or I'll move back to Ireland to wait out the CR-1 process, which currently looks to be Dec 08. As my timeline below suggests we got married Sep 07, and filed for K3 in October/November, 'though the ways things are going now, it looks like we will have to go for CR-1 as USCIS seem to be closing I-129 petitions when paired with I-130s just now. Hence my residency potentially looks like this:

Oct/00 to Jul/07 - Scotland, UK

Sep/07 to Jun/08 - Canada

Jun/08 to Dec/08 - Ireland

I haven't seen any police report request info, but can you tell me if I need to have a police report from each country I lived in? How far back do I need to go? I wasn't worried about this until I saw your post, and was wondering can I jump the gun and order the UK police report now. It's not going to change in the next 12 months, and would save myself some money by not expediting it (£35 v £70 for expedited).

Thanks

Mike

"Entshuldigung, aber die Welt ist purpur."

Rhiannon (North Carolina, USA) + Michael (Limerick, IE)

Personal Timeline

4/1/06 - Met for the first time in France

7/26/06 - 4/12/07 - Met up in London, Edinburgh, Greensboro, Bristol, Limerick, etc etc etc

9/1/07 - Got married in US

I-130 Timeline

10/2/07 - Mailed off I-130

1/10/08 - Check cashed - yippee!

2/8/08 - NOA1

4/4/08 - NOA2

10/15/08 - AOS documents sent in

1/5/09 - Interview in Dublin

I-129f Timeline

Abandoned

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.