4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a simple question for the Club. My fiancee has never been out of Colombia. I am curious if she still gets a letter from DAS. I assume the letter would simply confirm that she has never traveled. Is that correct?

Brian and Dolly

yes, the letter from DAS will show she has never travelled out of the country.

my advice on obtaining the letter is that you try to order it in Bogota at the

Bogota DAS office.

in other cities, it can take a month to obtain.

although, one calena in Cali told me she somehow paid for the service in Cali and arranged to pick it up in bogota when she went there for the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are 100% correct. The letter will show just that. My girl called DAS in Bogota. They told her she could pick it up in 3 days. I am having her fly into Bogota early to get this done. I am going to inquire about paying first in Medellin and picking it up in Bogota. Thanks for the input.

Brian and Dolly

• 4 weeks later...
I have a simple question for the Club. My fiancee has never been out of Colombia. I am curious if she still gets a letter from DAS. I assume the letter would simply confirm that she has never traveled. Is that correct?

Yes, she will get the letter from DAS. My fiancée got that letter and she never traveled outside Colombia.

Bye.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.