My Le

Cashier's check or money order, how to buy one in HCM City, and how many more later on?

5 posts in this topic

I'm filing I-130. I have a payment due now so my case could be processed. The following section is also posted on the IR-1/CR-1 forum:

I just received from NVC the Affidavid of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill, I'm supposed to pay 70 bucks for this, cashier's check or money order only, in US dollars drawn on a US bank made payable to the Dpt. of State.

They don't take personal check. That's the problem as I have been in Vietnam to be with my wife and I intend to stay here with her for a few more months. I prefer to get that kind of cashier's check or money order in here (HCMC). The way they do banking here is the same as in the US? Do they have CC or MO as exactly as in the US so it could be accepted by the Dpt. of State? Anyone knows how to get it here, please help. Also I need to know how many payments like this (CC or MO only) I'll have to meet in the near future to be well-prepared. Appreciate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you're in Vietnam, I doubt if you can get a US Dollar cashiers check. Check HSBC Bank near the post office and church. It sounds like this bill is payable in the States? Finally, when I filed in VN, I paid cash at the Consualte.

If you're in Vietnam, I doubt if you can get a US Dollar cashiers check. Check HSBC Bank near the post office and church. It sounds like this bill is payable in the States? Finally, when I filed in VN, I paid cash at the Consualte.

Paying cash at the consulate, that's good as it makes things easier. But what you paid for? For all the bills from NVC? Which means all the bills they require to pay by CC or MO can be paid by cash at the cons? Also please note that whether this applies for all USC or just for USC that are residents (who live and work) here only? I guess that as you were resident before, you could do so. Whereas, I'm just visitor/tourist, so I doubt I could. Please spend a little more time to clarify this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I applied in VN and never went through the USA offices. It sounds like you applied initially in USA; therefore, you'll probably need to have someone in the USA submit a check on your behalf? Since you're currently in VN, you may want to ask the Cons directly. I know HCMC-STL is currently in VN doing a K1?

HCMC-STL, how do you pay your bills fot the visa process if you're located in VN?

Just trying to help.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I submitted my K-1 I-129F petition when I was home in St. Louis on holiday back in December 2005, so I didn't have any trouble with that. However, I have a power of attorney in St. Louis, so anything that is needed can be done by that person.

I'd be happy to answer any other specific questions that may arise.

STL_HCMC

I applied in VN and never went through the USA offices. It sounds like you applied initially in USA; therefore, you'll probably need to have someone in the USA submit a check on your behalf? Since you're currently in VN, you may want to ask the Cons directly. I know HCMC-STL is currently in VN doing a K1?

HCMC-STL, how do you pay your bills fot the visa process if you're located in VN?

Just trying to help.....

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.