deliziahck8

filing a petition for my mom with my brother accompanying her

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

please help naman kayo, i am a newbie. i decided to join coz i called uscis a couple of times but i got different answers to those i talked to. its very frustating coz it takes me at least 20 to 30 minutes on hold to not getting the answer that you wanted, i know you have been in the same situations before. okay here are my questions and i have also included the answers given to me:

1. do i have to file for a seperate I-130 for my mom and my brother who is a minor (17 yrs old)?

answer 1: yes, you have to file I-130 for both of them and pay seperate fees.

answer 2: i think she could bring the son with her but you have to indicate that your brother will be accompanying her in the affidavit of support but you could check it in your US embassy or consulate in the Philippines if they will allow this.

if answer 2 is correct, then how do they do this, does my mom have to bring my brother in her interview? is there any other requirements for him to do like medical exam? and also what are the qualifications of the accompanying dependents of the principal immigrants? is illegible depended means not married and under the age of 21 or can my mom also bring with her my sister who is over 21 and is married, will she still be okay to join my mom? if there is a link specifically for this issue can you pls send it to me to, i have been searching this topic to uscis webpage but to no success.

if answer 1 is correct though, do you think if i will petition the two of them at the same time that they will get approved at the same time, they say parents are easy to get approved and sibling that are under 21 and are not married or should i just let my dad petition my brother when he gets his green card, will it be easier if it is an underage son, please give me your thoughts in this. thanks.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

as far as i know, it is better for u to file a petition for ur mom/dad and then, let them file a petition for ur 17 yr-old brother once they get their GC If If I'm not mistaken, I've read it somewhere that it's easier that way. try surfing this link www.travel.state.gov ...

IR1/CR1 (CSC)

(F2 category)

May 31, 2006 - sent I130

June 5, 2006 - Received by USCIS

June 20,2006 - I130 notice date

January 25, 2007 - Hubby became a naturalized citizen

January 26, 2007 - sent mail to upgrade from F2 to IR1 and also upgraded it over the fone (USCIS told him to wait for 45 days for I130 to be upgraded)

March 13-Received a letter from USCIS asking for a copy of naturalization cert plus a cover letter entitled I130 Request for Upgrade

March 20- faxed the papers

March 21- TOUCHED!!! finally after 9 months...

March 22- Approval notice

April 2 - Case received by NVC and was assigned a case #.

April 30 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill have been generated and sent out

May 2 - NVC accepted agent of of choice w/c was e-mailed the same day DS-3032 was generated

May 7 - IV Fee bill has been generated

May 15 - Both AOS and IV fee bills received in the mail.

May 16 - Mailed both bills to NVC via USPS (overnight)...

May 25 - NVC finished processing AOS fee payment.

May 28 - I-864 package was generated and mailed out

May 29 - NVC finished processing IV fee payment

June 4 - DS230 was generated

June 8 - I-864 package was received in the mail

June 13 - sent I864EZ to NVC

June 15 - DS230 received in the mail

June 20 - DS230 sent to NVC

June 25 - DS230 received by NVC...I864EZ completed

July 6 - CASE COMPLETE!

Aug 15 - INTERVIEW DATE! Approved!!!

Oct 2- it's time to leave...= ) = (

Timeline

as far as I know ,if u are filing a petition for ur parents, I don't think they can have ur 17 yr-old brother as a derivative applicant since you, the child, is the one petitioning your parents so it will fall under IR category or Immediate Relative of a US Citizen. You really have to file a separate petition for ur brother but it will definitely take longer since it's gonna be a different category.

Try the link i gave you, it's really very informative.

IR1/CR1 (CSC)

(F2 category)

May 31, 2006 - sent I130

January 26, 2007 - sent mail to upgrade from F2 to IR1 and also upgraded it over the fone (USCIS told him to wait for 45 days for I130 to be upgraded)

March 13-Received a letter from USCIS asking for a copy of naturalization cert plus a cover letter entitled I130 Request for Upgrade

May 2 - NVC accepted agent of of choice w/c was e-mailed the same day DS-3032 was generated

July 6 - CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

IR1/CR1 (CSC)

(F2 category)

May 31, 2006 - sent I130

July 6 - CASE COMPLETE!

i called uscis before about this and i did some research too. and what ive found out that i couldnt petition my mom yet, unless if i'll become a USC already (probably 3-5 yrs from now lol)... we cant petition our siblings too but only our parents/kids... although my husband and i (esp. my husband) could help my mom somehow for a visitor visa if we have a docs for my mom like I-130 type or similar that we'll handle all the expenses here in the states if my mom would like to visit...

just based on what ive known...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

that is so correct...immigrants with LPR status can not petition their parents and siblings...but in the other hand, LPR could file a petition for their Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (over age 20).

Family Second Preference (F2 Category): Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (over age 20) of lawful permanent residents. (114,200) At least seventy-seven percent of all visas available for this category will go to the spouses and children; the remainder will be allocated to unmarried sons and daughters.

IR1/CR1 (CSC)

(F2 category)

May 31, 2006 - sent I130

July 6 - CASE COMPLETE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.