Mia Sav

document verification fee

9 posts in this topic

Just a quick question about document verification fee. I paid it yesterday at Metrobank branch in Cebu City and the total I paid is Php700. I have a friend in Manila who paid the fee for only Php650 almost the same time I did yesterday. Are those paying outside of Manila area normally are charge with Php 50.00 service fee?Just wondering :huh:

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just a quick question about document verification fee. I paid it yesterday at Metrobank branch in Cebu City and the total I paid is Php700. I have a friend in Manila who paid the fee for only Php650 almost the same time I did yesterday. Are those paying outside of Manila area normally are charge with Php 50.00 service fee?Just wondering :huh:

yes 700 all in all.. service fee 50.00

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i paid document verification in Manila Php650 during my early medical bec. we have no Metrobank branch here in our place. :lol: Maybe they have service charge outside in Manila. :yes:

I still don't understand what the heck document verification is. :blink: When Claudeth had her interview she paid the DELBROS people 250p to deliver the package to Mindanao and that was it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I still don't understand what the heck document verification is. :blink: When Claudeth had her interview she paid the DELBROS people 250p to deliver the package to Mindanao and that was it.

Document verification should be covered within the visa application fee PERIOD. If not, why have the fee and what is the visa fee supposed to cover. Somebody is about to become very rich gaming the system! :angry: It's completely unusaual, unfair, and most of all unnecessary. Some folks "members" are passive about document verification because it's here now and we get that nobody wants to wait another two to four weeks. That doesn't mean that document verification is valid or fair. I'm convinced that it's a scam that somebody is getting rich gaming the process in a scare tactic to exploit money from good people because folks are already separated for long periods of time.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Document verification should be covered within the visa application fee PERIOD. If not, why have the fee and what is the visa fee supposed to cover. Somebody is about to become very rich gaming the system! :angry: It's completely unusaual, unfair, and most of all unnecessary. Some folks "members" are passive about document verification because it's here now and we get that nobody wants to wait another two to four weeks. That doesn't mean that document verification is valid or fair. I'm convinced that it's a scam that somebody is getting rich gaming the process in a scare tactic to exploit money from good people because folks are already separated for long periods of time.

:thumbs: ... med exam fees, visa fees... plus hotels, airline tickets, misc. fees, now doc. verification fees... if they're doing that, then why the heck do we need to get an NSO, CENOMAR, or even NBI for that matter when they want to verify it themselves... yea you could say there's a lot of frauds but they didnt charge us before for this. some are being put in AR coz they need to verify on something in random basis... so whats the point? lol... delbros is getting richer every minute (i bet not only delbros). i paid P150 for my visa delivery before and only that... yet right now everything's soarring high!!!

hehehe just ranting... :blush:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was charged an additional P50 too..I made the payment in Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental!

I dont think they charge additional 50php for payments done ONLY outside of Manila. They took 700php from me in Metrobank Quirino branch though I wrote 650php in the deposit slip. Duh?

Or maybe cause I didnt have change for 500 and 200 peso bills that I gave. In any case they should have returned 50php but didnt. No big deal though! :wacko:

Yes. :yes: I paid Php 700 last Feb 1, the Php 50.00 is for the service fee charged if outside Metro Manila.....I did ask the bank about this. Goodluck.

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.