ILoveTan

Vietnam Engagement Party

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
(and as a bonus, the sex is also great) :devil:

Linda

well, we all appreciate the info! I don't know really. It's unusual and the consulate doesn't usually like unusual, but it's different so we'll see. I'll be watching.

and you need to work on your posting quotes!

Hi dalegg - did you use a lawyer or just self file? Did you file while you were still in VN? Are you guys still a happy couple today? Your pics are beautiful, thanks

Linda

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Linda,

You are quite good at getting right to the point, and not afraid of painting a picture to say how it really is.... CUDOS to YOU!!!

I would speak with him about it, and see what he and his family wants. The last thing you want to do is diappoint him or the family.

You sound like a great couple. If you have a ceremony, you dont have to wear an Ao Dai (traditional VN dress). But I think your fiance

would be blown away with joy and happiness if you did.

If you dont like the traditional look, and want something more progressive, you might look at the links below. They have some very beautiful Ao Dai's.

http://aodaivinh.ecrater.com/

http://www.aodaistyles.com/index.php?lan=en

I wish you both the best of luck. I understand why yo stay with him so much. It was the hardest thing to do in my life when I left her in Vietnam.

So enjoy the time you can with him.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline
(and as a bonus, the sex is also great) :devil:

Linda

well, we all appreciate the info! I don't know really. It's unusual and the consulate doesn't usually like unusual, but it's different so we'll see. I'll be watching.

and you need to work on your posting quotes!

Hi dalegg - did you use a lawyer or just self file? Did you file while you were still in VN? Are you guys still a happy couple today? Your pics are beautiful, thanks

Linda

I used a lawyer to file the I-129F, but if I had to do over again I would never have done that. It cost us more time and headache than if we had just done it ourselves. Nothing about the paperwork is hard.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

For anyone interested or in Vietnam now, you are invited to our Dinh Hon party in Nha Trang Vietnam... in about 3 weeks. Still not sure exact date. Please contact me if you want to come... especially since I will be the ONLY WHITE PERSON THERE. :blink: And now that the family wants to do the party, they are inviting half of vietnam.... I think their guest list has reached 400 so far!!!!! :o

Now that it is ON, I am pretty excited about it. I just have no idea what it will be like to be in the room with 400 vietnamese and me, miss white usa who changed Tan's hair to neon green and taught him every cuss word in the english language. Isn't that special? :-) He is ready for America everyone, he knows the F word. :lol:

As some added incentive to come to the party, you can see how well Vietnam handles making a dress for someone tall with size D chest....ahahahahahahahaha This ought to be real real interesting! :dance:

Linda

Timeline

Congratulations....

I think you and Tan have made a good choice to have the party. We had about 330-350 people at ours. they went through 26 cases of TIGER beer. I believe that is 20 bottles to a case, each bottle is 40oz.

But it was alot of fun. I wish Trang and I could be there. you will never forget this experience.

Timeline

I dont know if this thread is pretty much dead or not but if anyone is still reading this and has had a dinh hon party, is there some "legal"/formal/ or even informal, paperwork I fill out beforehand or during? Or is it just a party where we take pics? Tan said there is like an MC and of course, the family wants me to talk in vietnamese on the mic and freak everyone out.

I just need to know about the paperwork and any other info for 2 reasons:

1 - waiting on my divorce decree in the mail... will I need it for this?

2 - Tan knows everything about me, 100% truth about everything BUT his parents don't know A.) I was married before, B.) My real age. I am a nice amount of years older than Tan but I LOOK young, no one EVER guesses the real age - so his parents think I am about 7 years younger than my real age.... is this going to come up? They won't care, I just wish I hadn't lied in the first place... but I ALWAYS lie about my age in the beginning... Tan knows now but does everyone have to know I am a cradle robber? HA! :innocent:

Linda

Edited by ILoveTan

Timeline

Dont worry about it.

Since you are only getting engaged, there is NO paperwork you need to do.

Take pictures.. LOT'S OF PICTURES!!! If you want, hire a photographer, and keep ALL of your receipts for the party. Ask for receipts for anything you buy that is tied to the ENGAGEMENT or the PARTY.

Hiring a photographer is VERY, VERY CHEAP. HAve some nice pictures taken. They will make nice KEEPSAKES for his family, and memories of the ceremony for you and Tan. IF you hire a Photographer, have the ceremony and party videotaped. They make really nice DVD videos in VN.

Keep the receipts for your dress, pictures, flowers, DJ or Band if you have one. If you have it catered, make sure you get a RECEIPT.

It will all be evidence of the engagement. At the party, You, Tan, and his parents will go around to every table, you will be introduced and there will be a toast made. You will be asked to drink, so PACE YOURSELF.

I wish I could have been able to speak alot of Vietnamese at the party but her younger sister translated for me.

When you speak, you will want to thank his parents for raising such a wonderful, for making you feel so welcome. Thank everyone for sharing this special occasion with you and Tan.

Timeline
For anyone interested or in Vietnam now, you are invited to our Dinh Hon party in Nha Trang Vietnam... in about 3 weeks. Still not sure exact date. Please contact me if you want to come... especially since I will be the ONLY WHITE PERSON THERE. :blink: And now that the family wants to do the party, they are inviting half of vietnam.... I

Why should you feel any different than the rest of us who went though it?? At least you can speak the language somewhat!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
For anyone interested or in Vietnam now, you are invited to our Dinh Hon party in Nha Trang Vietnam... in about 3 weeks. Still not sure exact date. Please contact me if you want to come... especially since I will be the ONLY WHITE PERSON THERE. :blink: And now that the family wants to do the party, they are inviting half of vietnam.... I

Why should you feel any different than the rest of us who went though it?? At least you can speak the language somewhat!

:thumbs: True!!! :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Dear Linda,

It's hard to say to you that we should make the engagement ceremony or not.

It depends on each case. For my case, I didn't do that. When I came USA, we did have the wedding with two persons who were the witness. That's all.

Our final goal is the happiness, not the ceremony. I think that the CO can understand.

Hien

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.