britty

NEWSFLASH FOR THE BRITS...

35 posts in this topic

I was in Rite Aid this afternoon and they are stocking Cadbury's Creme Eggs !!! Not American ones, British imported ones (says it on the box) and they are 33cents each !!!! woohoo. I bought a couple and have just had one. Definitely the real deal. They are with all the Easter themed things.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

We have no Rite Aid.

CVS sells the real ones too, though.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Good to hear! Will keep that in mind for next year.

I was so pissed when I bought some cadburys milk chocolate from wallgreens to discover, it was just hersheys chocolate with a cadburys wrapper. :(

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Timeline
Good to hear! Will keep that in mind for next year.

I was so pissed when I bought some cadburys milk chocolate from wallgreens to discover, it was just hersheys chocolate with a cadburys wrapper. :(

Any Cadbury's you buy around here is going to be made by Hershey, with the possible exception of Cadbury Eggs. That's all that we've found so far, at least. When I want to get Mags some real Cadbury's, I order it from the English Tea Store ( http://www.englishteastore.com/ ) I always get myself some Cheese & Onion crisps, too. lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Any Cadbury's you buy around here is going to be made by Hershey, with the possible exception of Cadbury Eggs. That's all that we've found so far, at least. When I want to get Mags some real Cadbury's, I order it from the English Tea Store ( http://www.englishteastore.com/ ) I always get myself some Cheese & Onion crisps, too. lol

Ohh that is a great link! They have monster munch pickled onion!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
:lol: you all love your cadbury's creme eggs! i've always hated them! i do like the mini eggs...my store sells them but i'm guessing they are probably not the imported kind...altho maybe they are since kevin said he can't notice a difference....we had the cadbury christmas candy too...like red white and green m&m's...anyhow...cvs and rite aid are owned by the same company i believe, thus the reason being able to find them in both places...maybe they only import them at the holidays and do the hershey's stuff the rest of the year?

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I never understood the creme eggs myself. Messy and they hurt my teeth.

Though to be honest I've never been a Hershey's fan myself. I'll eat it if it is there, but it has a strange after taste. I prefer to go for the good stuff...Ghiridelli all the way!

wtf-picard.jpg

If you can find a WORLD MARKET store they have all kinds of great British Food, pengiuns, garabaldi's, heinz custard, heinz beans, ambrosia creamed rice, all kinds of cadbury's sweets, jam, vimto bars, digestive biscuits, and my personal fav., chocolate digestives [dunked in a hot cuppa tea.] i'm getting homesick now :(

If you can find a WORLD MARKET store they have all kinds of great British Food, pengiuns, garabaldi's, heinz custard, heinz beans, ambrosia creamed rice, all kinds of cadbury's sweets, jam, vimto bars, digestive biscuits, and my personal fav., chocolate digestives [dunked in a hot cuppa tea.] i'm getting homesick now :(

World Market also sold chocolate selection boxes over christmas and I bought one for every US based Brit I know. Finding the Creme Eggs at Rite Aid was similar to the day I found Jacobs Cream Crackers at Harris Teeter. I heard angels sing and strobes of light descended upon me from the ceiling.

From what I read about other people's problems hunting down British foodstuffs, I feel like I must be living in some sort of Brit-food paradise. Our local Stop & Shop and Shaw's ALWAYS have tons of stuff, and the selection seems to grow every week. On my last visit to S&S, I spotted Ambrosia Custard AND Rice Puddings, 4 different types of McVities digestives (regular, milk choc, plain choc and the sort that have the caramel in them too), Bounty bars, Ribena, Mint Viscounts (purchased!), Milky Bars, Mint Aeros, Choc Aeros, Cadbury's Flake (made in Britain), Jammy Dodgers (also purchased!), PG Tips (bags and loose), Ty-Phoo (bags), Ribena, Robinson's Lemon Barley Water, Lucozade, Heinz Salad Cream (blecccch), pickled onions, Oxo cubes, Bisto gravy granules (Beef and Chicken), Victoria Sponge cake mix, Bird's instant custard mix, a variety of Coleman's products (horseradish sauce, about 6 or 7 different packet sauces, mint sauce), of course big things of Marmite, Jacob's Cream Crackers, Heniz Baked Beanz (regular and the spicy kind), Heinz Tomato Soup, those tinned Spotted Dicks, em, and other things I just can't recall. It's now about 12 shelves at the S&S in Amity, and about the same at the Shaw's in Hamden. What is great is that the markup is generally not too bad. I bought 2 packets of Jammy Dodgers for $4, which in my opinion is worth it.

We are truly spoilt! :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

From what I read about other people's problems hunting down British foodstuffs, I feel like I must be living in some sort of Brit-food paradise. Our local Stop & Shop and Shaw's ALWAYS have tons of stuff, and the selection seems to grow every week. On my last visit to S&S, I spotted Ambrosia Custard AND Rice Puddings, 4 different types of McVities digestives (regular, milk choc, plain choc and the sort that have the caramel in them too), Bounty bars, Ribena, Mint Viscounts (purchased!), Milky Bars, Mint Aeros, Choc Aeros, Cadbury's Flake (made in Britain), Jammy Dodgers (also purchased!), PG Tips (bags and loose), Ty-Phoo (bags), Ribena, Robinson's Lemon Barley Water, Lucozade, Heinz Salad Cream (blecccch), pickled onions, Oxo cubes, Bisto gravy granules (Beef and Chicken), Victoria Sponge cake mix, Bird's instant custard mix, a variety of Coleman's products (horseradish sauce, about 6 or 7 different packet sauces, mint sauce), of course big things of Marmite, Jacob's Cream Crackers, Heniz Baked Beanz (regular and the spicy kind), Heinz Tomato Soup, those tinned Spotted Dicks, em, and other things I just can't recall. It's now about 12 shelves at the S&S in Amity, and about the same at the Shaw's in Hamden. What is great is that the markup is generally not too bad. I bought 2 packets of Jammy Dodgers for $4, which in my opinion is worth it.

We are truly spoilt! :D

WOW..........you had a real Brit Feast going on....lol, I've seen After Eights in Walmart and Value City at Christmas. But my quest this year is to go to the World Market and hunt down a real Easter Egg, I've not gotten into the easter basket thing here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.