raquel23

income guidelines help please!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everybody, I am a little confused about the income guideline. I am using a co-sponsor because my income alone doesnt make it. Ok, so i have 2 children myself and then my fiance. Thats 4 of us. Now, would i also include my co-sponsor which would then make it 5 of us or just counting 4 of us. Also, since we have a co-sponsor would she just have to make up for the difference of the income that i dont make or the WHOLE income that needs to be shown on the income guideline?

I hope i made my question understandable eneough. Thank you!

Rachel Klayman

Waiting for my Colombian boyfriend

to propose to me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

As far as *I* know (I haven't got that far yet)...

You're only gonna count the four of you, and not the co-sponsor, as to who all YOU have to prove you can support (unless you're supporting the co-sponsor now? Which wouldn't make sense).

And the co-sponsor only has to make up the difference that you can't handle.

So I guess, you have to factor in that you are supporting yourself and your two children as it is, and you can support your fiance X amount over that. Then the co-sponsor only has to make up the difference - so if you're $2500 short then the co-sponsor only has to show that they can spare $2500 for a certain period of time.

Is that right, everybody? :blink:

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
As far as *I* know (I haven't got that far yet)...

You're only gonna count the four of you, and not the co-sponsor, as to who all YOU have to prove you can support (unless you're supporting the co-sponsor now? Which wouldn't make sense).

And the co-sponsor only has to make up the difference that you can't handle.

So I guess, you have to factor in that you are supporting yourself and your two children as it is, and you can support your fiance X amount over that. Then the co-sponsor only has to make up the difference - so if you're $2500 short then the co-sponsor only has to show that they can spare $2500 for a certain period of time.

Is that right, everybody? :blink:

thanks, that would be great if it is only the difference because my income is just under the mark. I hope somebody writes to confirm this!

Rachel Klayman

Waiting for my Colombian boyfriend

to propose to me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeh I know :( I'm sorry I'm not more help. I would have normally left it to somebody that knows for sure what they're talking about but your post was getting lost so I thought I should bring it back up.

If your income is just under the mark, why not just go ahead and have the co-sponsor do the extra affidavit anyway? I don't really think it's that much hassle, compared to the rest of the petition filing. It sounds like your co-sponsor could show proof of salary and not even have to bother with showing assets or anything like that since you're so close to being covered as it is, so they would only need I think the past few months' pay stubs, a letter from their employer, and maybe tax returns (not sure about that one).

Or you know you can show proof of YOUR assets too, if you think that'd be easier? If you have any. Like if you have equity on your house or own stocks, anything like that, you can count that towards your ability to support your fiance.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.