aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I was working in the US on a TN, switched job but not Visa’s and when I renewed I was informed that that was illegal and that I had overstayed my visa by 191 days. In the span of 5 hours my life and that of my husband were turned upside down. It's not even the fact that I received a ban, it's getting to the interview having everything prepared and being told that they won’t listen to your case. Its hard letting someone decided your fate, knowing that you’re a decent person and you did something stupid, learned your mistake now let me be with my spouse. Very hard indeed.

Joanna

Wow... I had no idea that could happen. I thought overstays were always waiverable. This whole process is just too cruel... even when it goes smoothly. The stress. The separations. The expense. I read somewhere that they just hope we all give up. Some of the waiting periods are meant to cause people to give up.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Anyway, I'm still hoping good things for you, Mary. I guess there was no court reporter taking down the proceedings? That's really odd, especially in a criminal proceeding. I'm a court reporter and I know we have to keep our notes even, if they're never transcribed, for ten years. I've gotten orders for proceedings to be transcribed seven years later!

Have a great day, all!

Tiff

Tiff,

That was why Tom wrote to the court last fall. We assumed there would be a transcription of the proceedings. They wrote back and said they had nothing more than we already had on the police record and the court report. It as a very informal, casually written letter. Basically they implied it was so long ago no one should care. It was only a magistrate court. That was one reason we never worried at first about the incident. Serious crimes are sent to a higher court.

Mary

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

New Orleans Bound---you overstayed for 191 days and that's it? You didnt commit a crime? You didnt commit fraud? You just overstayed? What visa? Was it a tourist visa or what? I am just trying to understand why Montreal wont let you file a waiver...that makes no sense. An overstay of more than 180 days but less than a year is punishable by a three year ban, yes? That should be waiverable, correct? Anyway I wish you luck and hope you get to file soon!

Mary I pm'ed you...hang in there lady!!!! We are snoopies on this board (heck I am the biggest one of all!) and we are determined..that means we'll get to the bottom of this jar! :yes:

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Hey, Paul, no I didn't receive any rude email. The guy that we emailed my clarifying letter to emailed me back and said after he's done with it it has to go to some other guy who will handle it or some such and send it on to USCIS and that should take about a week to two weeks. That was last Wednesday when I got that email. So now I'm wondering if that online tracking thing is a good idea ... for me! Now I can obsessively check it every week. I just looked at it again this morning and there we are listed as being in the system on 3/6, so let the countdown begin! I hope it flies by. I'm just trying to think on the positive side how these last three months have flown by.

Anyway, I'm still hoping good things for you, Mary. I guess there was no court reporter taking down the proceedings? That's really odd, especially in a criminal proceeding. I'm a court reporter and I know we have to keep our notes even, if they're never transcribed, for ten years. I've gotten orders for proceedings to be transcribed seven years later!

Have a great day, all!

Tiff

Hey Tiff,

Just checked that tracking service aswell and there we are, at the top of the table! 3/7/2006 as our received date!

I guess we will both be hopefully hearing "good news" around the same time then Tiff? (end of May?).

Our wedding is on the 18th of July so hopefully things should work out with the timing!

keeping everything crossed for us!

:thumbs:

Timeline

Paul, that's awesome! I really am hoping for the 12 weeks, not the 15, as our date is the 15th of July! We figured that was plenty of time to get him here. If I can ask, where are you moving to? I'm here in Denver. I told Cas he may be a bit unprepared for what "cold" really is. :lol: I've been there in December/January and it's a little cold, but nothing like Colorado. Anyway, at least we have a date certain to start the countdown from now, right? Now I guess I can settle down and wait, something I'm not very good at, but shall get some great practice on.

Tiff

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Still no news today...... :(

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Hay guys..

Had pc problems here of late ..new hard drive mother board ect...

Im still here in the uk.... :angry: ..its a work, cash, and home stuff at the moment holding me back......ill be going home to the usa very soon soon.. i cant wait ;)

I just cant understand of why on earth its taken so bloody long for yall guys waivers....this is just ####### on top of #######...

great topics and info guys....keep it up! :yes: and feed what ever info you have on the forum please

Nigel ;)

Misty..congrats on ya passport...ya on ya way girl...are you still going to the sunshine state...if so ill love to hook up with ya when im back in Florida... ;)

No Nigel...no FL for me as of yet...they want unreasonable amounts of cash in the bank before you can rent anything, and to top it all off Wilma ruined so many houses that it's a little short now. So me and the kids are staying with my mother in NC until we can decide something. The original plan was for us to stay up there until June and re-assess our situation but I dont think 3 months is going to be enough time to save up the amount of money these people are referring to. So I dont know. I hope something is decided before August, because I'd like to start school and I dont want my children to have to change schools in a moment's notice.

But yeah....we're finally outta here on March 12th! I cant wait but to be honest I am already suffering from anxiety. I just hope I can manage this! :blush:

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Paul, that's awesome! I really am hoping for the 12 weeks, not the 15, as our date is the 15th of July! We figured that was plenty of time to get him here. If I can ask, where are you moving to? I'm here in Denver. I told Cas he may be a bit unprepared for what "cold" really is. :lol: I've been there in December/January and it's a little cold, but nothing like Colorado. Anyway, at least we have a date certain to start the countdown from now, right? Now I guess I can settle down and wait, something I'm not very good at, but shall get some great practice on.

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

I'll be heading off to sunny California, a beautiful state from what I've seen so far, and great for us marine biologists. No offence but I'd die if I wasn't near the sea!

I'm based back in Liverpool UK, and beleive me at the moment I could sure do with some SUN, it's horrible, wet and cold here! :crying:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the final date now to count down from. I guess we'll be sitting this one out together eh? Just keep busy and don't look at the calender (easier said than done!)

Nigel, good to hear from you mate, I always think of you as the head honcho here! Misty, you're a very close second! :P

it'll be strange when you both are off US bound!

Jpkeswim, I feel for you, it really taking some time isn't it?

Nigel, I thought London was supposed to be improving/ speeding their times up? It seems like the opposite is happening?

:thumbs: to everyone!

Timeline

Still NO news today! John had a headache every evening because he sat at home waiting for the phone to ring. I am glad he is going to Wales today to see his childhood friend. He said the weather was wet and cold. I am glad he is getting out of the house. The wedding is suppose to be in 7 weeks!!!! I have the invitations waiting at home to be sent out. We don't want to send them in case we have to cancel the wedding! :( The shower is in 2 weeks, still having it even if we have to move to England. I sure hope that is not the case.....

Misty hope everything goes well with the move to the states....I sure hope it is bearable living with your mother. I think I would want to kill my mother after a few weeks!

Nigel good luck on selling the house. John decided to sell his house once we know for sure. His next door neighbors want to buy it anyway. Hopefully we can do the paperwork while he is over here.

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

Still NO news today! John had a headache every evening because he sat at home waiting for the phone to ring. I am glad he is going to Wales today to see his childhood friend. He said the weather was wet and cold. I am glad he is getting out of the house. The wedding is suppose to be in 7 weeks!!!! I have the invitations waiting at home to be sent out. We don't want to send them in case we have to cancel the wedding! :( The shower is in 2 weeks, still having it even if we have to move to England. I sure hope that is not the case.....

Misty hope everything goes well with the move to the states....I sure hope it is bearable living with your mother. I think I would want to kill my mother after a few weeks!

Nigel good luck on selling the house. John decided to sell his house once we know for sure. His next door neighbors want to buy it anyway. Hopefully we can do the paperwork while he is over here.

-_-

god it's quiet in here!

sorry to hear you still have no news jpkeswim, the wait must be killing you

Paul

:yes: Hi Guys..

Paul..Thanks mate... :thumbs: and i know it just crazy of the hold up here with them bloody waivers...i just cant for the life of me of why on earth do they take so long... :whistle: its not as if there up the wall with waivers as i seen on the london Embassy web site for waivers...i think i seen about 8/10 cases pending and a few of them was not UKc...its just bloody madness if ya ask me... :angry:

But when i do get back to the usa here soon paul im still going to be active in this forum....well maybe not straight away as i got a few things to get out of my system when i get back to the wife wink wink ya know what i mean...if you dont the pope will for sure :blush:;)

Jpkeswim....Thanks a lot but one of several reasons im still here is that im waiting on this re-morgage stuff..i just switching my home loan to another lender and to wait for that stuff to be signed/sorted....

Im not selling at this time, but sometime in the future as i would like to buy a villa in orlando as a investment/holiday home ...this was my plan 2 yrs ago when i was buying a new build 2000 SQ Ft 4/3 bath/pool and 10 mins from disney....i had the plans and contract to sign but when i tryed to go over to the usa back then...thats when they sent me back..so i backed out of that contract/home....i did'nt wanted to, but i felt it was best until this immigration stuff was sorted. :whistle:

But yep...short term i shall rent this uk home...but long term ill be going back to my plan..when i find a new build like i did before...by doing this way then i can have a good look around and feel correct about everything.. :yes:

Everyone.....i sure hope they pull there fingers out and have some good news in this Forum....cas bloody hell we need/deserve some after what has gone on here lately... :angry: .

So... Staff at the London Embassy..........GIVE US SOME GOOD NEWS NEXT WK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :yes:

best wishes...

Nigel/Family...XXX

ps...

Keep up the Good work everybody im well proud of you all for the inputs :yes: you give to each other...and the last 2wks proves that to me.... :yes:

Timeline

STILL NO NEWS!!!! :( I WAS REALLY HOPING IT WAS GOING TO BE TODAY!

Timeline

:angry::(:angry:

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline

That really sucks!! I was so sure it would be today too! You should start harrassing them with emails now! it's been within the timeframe they told you. Don't they know you're trying to plan your future?

I'm dying of curiosity to know what in the world is taking them so long?!! How long does it really take to decide whether someone meets the criteria or not? It's not as if they've got thousands to work on. We're only a week in and already I'm having a hard time being patient!

Anyway, sorry for my rant. I just hope you hear something really soon. :D

Tiff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.