aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

what was the question Vicky?? if you don't mind me asking?

and don't worry it didn't sound snotty..........

ok here's how bored I am at work............ I calculated how long the four cases have taken from the original received dates (that they used to post when they first did the I-601 tracking doc) to todays date and here are the results:

received date

LND2004 752 002 - 1/3/2006 - London – Completed 28/4/06 (12 weeks and 2 days)

LND2005 514 017 - 27/2/2006 - London – Under review (12 weeks and 2 days)

STK2003 364 003 - 13/2/2006 - Stockholm - Completed 21/4/06 (9 weeks and 4 days)

STK2005 215 003 - 7/2/2006 - Stockholm – Completed 6/4/06 (8 weeks and 2 days)

Of course I'm not telling you anything you haven't worked out already, but it's interesting to note that the London cases are around the 12 week mark. That 514 017 cases should definately be complete VERY soon.

oh well back to my pills.......... :wacko:

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Paul, yeah, believe me, I know if we get any response back at all, it will be, Don't bother us! Sometimes you just go a little crazy, you know!

I'm glad you saved that list with the dates on it, because I didn't. So maybe, just maybe, a week from today we could be either under review or case completed!!

So, doing anything fun for your bday? I hope so. You certainly deserve it.

Tiff

a few drinks later this evening and at the weekend I'm going away with some friends to have a stag do, I guess you guys have bridal showers over there???

the REAL celebrations will be when I get to CA and am with my beautiful fiancee once again!!

I just only hope that's soon

:thumbs:

Hi all, only pop in here occasionally just hopng to see that some of you at least have received the "good to go" and also as one day we may just be in here too. Anyway was very surprised to see what you had shown Paul about the cases from Stokholm, although being done in London were taking less time than the LOndon cases.

That seems so unfair to me, is that how it is going??

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL :goofy: ha ha, they didn't have a birthday cake emoticon..

Sounds like everyone is doing well, except Paul is getting a bit antsy...guess we take turns in being impatient and ranting about the waiting - man, it's enough stress to drive everyone nuts in no time. :wacko:

Paul, remember to share the pills with us ;)

I did like Paul too, wrote down the prior cases and tried to figure out how long it took for them to be adjucated haha. There are also some timelines from I2U, and it looks like they were around 8 weeks, one was 4 weeks or so I think. I can't understand why it's taking them so much longer now .... :crying: It's not fair !!!!!!

Oh well, enjoy the rest of the day everyone..... let me go stare at the list a bit :P

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Morning everyone!

another day in the madhouse eh?

just needed to see if anyone spotted my deliberate mistakes from yesterday??

Both were pointed out to me by Courtney, the London case that was approved (LND2004 752 002 ) only took 8 weeks and 2 days, I don't know were I got 12 weeks from!!

and of course the avatar character is Ren and not Stimpy!

oh well I'm off to check the LACK of progress on that pdf doc!!

B)

Munchkins,

The cases that come in from other countries to London are adjudicated faster. They are done in original accordance to their filing dates. If filed before one in London is then once received it is bumped up.

My timeline was filed originally on September 12, 2005. Finally sent to London Dec. 16th. London received Jan. 3rd. and was adjudicated by Jan. 25th. So we waited over 4 months.

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

MistyB is soooo right :yes::P lol - for my own sanity I hope she is right :P

I'm oh so ready to get out out here!!!!! I miss my husband soooo much :cry: I'm going crazy with this waiting :clock: waiting :clock: ............

Don't mind me, I'm just having a blue Sunday and ranting a bit :(

MistyB, I hope that you and your family is doing well - is it hot overthere? if yes, send some sunshine to Europe will ya' :D:luv:

Timeline:

Would gladly send you some warm weather beetee. It was almost 90 here today and it's suppose to be that way the rest of next week. :crying: It's usually not this warm until July and August. Hope this doesn't mean it's going to be this way for the rest of the summer.

:D Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Hi Vicky.... are you ready for another week?? :P

Please send some sunshine over to me.....pretty pretty please, it's been so cold and rainy lately, today it's just pouring down like crazy. I looked at the weather forecast and it says "rain" the next 14 days, what the heck.... 14 days, that's like June or so, it's supposed to be SUMMER!!! I hope they are wrong :D

Timeline:

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and filing from the London embassy.

My questions are:

1) What is the process and time-line from the time the NVC sends your approved I-130/Visa number to the London embassy?

2) After they receive it, does anyone know how long it takes to receive the packet3 and the full process and time-line with the handling of it.

3) At the time of the Initial Interview and they determine my ineligibility, can I file the I-601 right there on the spot, or do I require an appointment?

I know I will need an I-601 and I'm trying to assess the total time frame up to the point of application of the I-601 which should take 12-15 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

THX

Timeline

My questions are:

1) What is the process and time-line from the time the NVC sends your approved I-130/Visa number to the London embassy?

2) After they receive it, does anyone know how long it takes to receive the packet3 and the full process and time-line with the handling of it.

3) At the time of the Initial Interview and they determine my ineligibility, can I file the I-601 right there on the spot, or do I require an appointment?

I know I will need an I-601 and I'm trying to assess the total time frame up to the point of application of the I-601 which should take 12-15 weeks.

THX

you can file the I-601 right there on the spot if you have it ready and are satisfied with it.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline

Hi, Welcome! Let's see. I can't speak to the time line of an I-130 because we were a K-1, but from the time the London embassy received our case to when he got the packet the packet 3 was maybe a week or so. After he sent it back, it was like a month until we received an interview date. At the interview he could have submitted the 601, but needed another police certificate. You can pay for it right then with credit card or bank check. It's $265. They require in London that you both submit hardship letters, one from the UK citizen and one from the US citizen. If it's a crime involving moral turpitude, they will also ask you to submit an explanation of the crime and any circumstances surrounding, also any rehabilitation. Ummmm. . . what else? Also make sure to include in your letter that your wife is aware of the reasons that a 601 is needed. We are at week 12 ourselves. So we're hoping to hear something realllllly soooon! Getting very anxious!

Anyway, good luck. Don't hesitate to ask questions once you get closer to time.

Tiff

My questions are:

THX

Hi Knight.

Boy it's kind of hard to answer your timeline questions. It changes off and on during the year but you can try this link to a thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120 If this doesn't work go the the embassy forum and there is a UK thread with several timelines on there. Everything should work the same as far as your timeline, up until you file the waiver.

As Mary said, yes you can file right there on the spot. After they tell you that you are ineligible you can tell them that you are prepared and have the I-601 and hardship letter ready. They will tell you to have a seat then call you back up while they go over all your paperwork to make sure everything is in order. If they determine that you have all the paperwork required you pay the fee. They will explain to that they will not keep your passport at that time. If you visa is approved you will be sent a note to post your passport back to them and they will post your visa back as well. They will also keep your waiver there for a few weeks to review it and make their recommendations before they send it on to the the sub office. They will probably tell you it takes about 2 weeks but we have been waiting almost 4 week. When the sub office receives it they will send you a postcard and hopefully you will be added to the online tracking of the waiver. The time they are giving right now is between 12 and 15 weeks but that doesn't start until after you receive your postcard.

Hope that helps a little and you can see my timeline but I'm doing the K-1 fiance visa so i'm not sure how accurate that would be. Also I think things have slowed down a bit since we first started. I kind of planned ours by allowing 3 months for the I-129, 3 months for the medical and interview, 16 weeks for the waiver and then tack on a couple more months for good measure. Sorry that's the best I could come up with. lol

Hope that helps and good luck,

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Reading what Tiff said >>> They require in London that you both submit hardship letters, one from the UK citizen and one from the US citizen <<< makes me kinda worried :unsure: We filed in Copenhagen, so we were told to only file 1 hardshipletter from USC pov, we did not submit from Alien (aka ME ) - do you guys think it's going to be a problem since my waiver is adjudicated in London???? :unsure:

Knight,

I did not file in London so I can't help you much... just wanted to say Welcome :)

Oh, there are some updates on the London tracking. Vicky, is your case added yet??? :)

Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.