aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey, Bailey, there's no other fee for the waiver. Fingerprints are included in the 265. Man, it's getting close for you guys - only a few more weeks! Are you nervous? I sure was, even though I knew what was coming.

Jpkeswim, unbelievable how easy that was! Wish it were that easy here, too! I hope all goes well for you. This has got to be difficult for you both, but I admire your positive go-forward attitude. You'll get there. Who knows? It could be the adventure of your life. Good luck with the whole driving thing. That just frankly frightens me to think of trying to drive on the wrong side of the road. :P Glad it's him, not me. He'll do much better than I.

Meanwhile, we're rounding the corner on week six. Amazing! Gosh, I wonder what I'll be counting down when he finally gets here? :D I may feel lost and begin to count down to random things, like how many more days until my next haircut. :hehe:

Tiff

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the fee's,

at my visa interview in Copenhagen I had to pay:

Visa *even though denied, still had to pay * $380

for the I-601 $265

for the fingerprints $ 90

Yup, my wallet felt very light when I left.......I had to drive almost 2 hours to get there, and had to wait around like 2-3 hours for the fingerprints - after the interview - before I could leave.

With the new immigration reform that says that one has to pay a fine of $2000 to waive the 3/10 yr ban, that is a lot of money on top of what we have already paid - I hope that we all get approved before we have to pay the fine.

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Timeline

Beetee, that's a lot of money!! Why did you have to pay for the fingerprints? That really stinks. However, I don't think the $2,000 will come into play for us. I don't even know if that will become part of the law. Having said that, if I could pay $2,000 and know for sure he could come over now, I would find the money somewhere!!

By the way, has anyone checked the USCIS online tracking and seen that they have completed one of their cases? I was hoping for "status," they'd put "approved" or "denied" instead of "complete." Oh, well, nothing about this has been the way I wanted, right? :(

Are you on the list yet, Beetee?

Have a good day,

Tiff

Well I got my UK visa now.....i wish the US process was as simple. Had a appointment for 10:30 in Chicago

yep....its easy to get a visa for the uk! i also wished the us goverment had a little more common sense..but the don't! congrats and welcome to the uk... :thumbs:

Hi Tiff,

Yup, I checked it again today - couldn't help myself :P Yeah, someone from Stockholm must be pretty happy by now. It's okay by me that they only write "complete", no need to air anyones laundry... he he.

No, still not on the list :cry: that is just cruel........... *sigh*.

It's nice that they update it almost on a daily basis, they have made small changes every time I check he he..nice.

Yeah, regarding the new imm. reform, I bet we are all approved and settled in the US by that time, so you are right, Tiff, might not need to worry about the $2000 extra. Even though, if they offered me that tomorrow for a Visa, I'd take the deal :P

Yeah, all that money for the visa interview- ouch, that was painfull - everyone has to pay for fingerprints right?

Timeline:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi,

No, they took my fingerprints for free. I can't believe they charged for that!

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

Wendi&Bob,

No way, FOR FREE !!!! I can't believe those moneysuckers at my embassy :ranting: $90 and several hours of waiting :ranting:

And I'm not even on the list yet........ I could just :bonk: them all at the embassy. With all those fee's they could at least rush fed ex my waiver to London or something, instead of taking my money and ignoring my emails.............bummer

Timeline:

Hello

Hope everyone is having a great good friday. We had some nasty storms last night and my lights went out about 4 am and didn't come back until after noon today. Pretty much spoiled all my plans for my day off. :angry: It hailed so much it sounded like the windows were going to shatter. I sat straight up out of a dead sleep and about peed my pants. :lol: Now they are putting up warnings again. Come on enough is enough already. ;)

Thanks for the answers. I didn't think he had to pay for fingerprinting in London but I wasn't sure. We aren't getting too nervous yet. I think I'm in denial right now. I keep telling myself it will either be approved or not. Not much I can do about it but wait and see. Ask me the day before he goes to his interview and I will probably be re writing the whole hardship letter. I think no matter what it never seems "good enough" and I will always wonder if I could do a better job. I finally just had to make myself be ok with what I had and stop messing with it.

That stinks beetee that you had to pay those extra fees. If it isn't already hard enough to pay for everything. I was suppose to send Chris the money for the waiver but now things have come up and "someone" decided to stop paying child support so now I don't have any extra money. He always tells me not to worry about it but I hate not being able to help out. He laughs and tells me I will have to take care of him for a few months when he comes over so he thinks i'm doing my part.

Everyone have a great Easter.

Thanks again,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Bailey,

no that's it, no extra fees for the fingerprints... although give it some time and they'll probably charge for that aswell!!! :lol:

Hope everyone is well, Rob sorry to hear about all that messing around mate, they really test your patience don't they?

and the clock keeps ticking for me.... Tiff, today I'm finding it difficult, I know the time's going by quickly but it still feels like an eternity until we hear something! :(

oh well I'm sure tomorrow will be better

:thumbs:

Timeline
Bailey,

no that's it, no extra fees for the fingerprints... although give it some time and they'll probably charge for that aswell!!! :lol:

Hope everyone is well, Rob sorry to hear about all that messing around mate, they really test your patience don't they?

and the clock keeps ticking for me.... Tiff, today I'm finding it difficult, I know the time's going by quickly but it still feels like an eternity until we hear something! :(

oh well I'm sure tomorrow will be better

I know what you mean, Paul. I can see time ticking away for us, yet some days it seems so far away and impossible. I try to be positive in thinking that we will be approved, but somewhere in the back of my mind is the niggling voice of "what if." However, this is but a small moment in time in the adventure that is our life and something that we can deal with. Heck, on Monday is six weeks already!

Do you ever read posts on here from people who are going through, say, Vermont and are whining and complaining because it's been two weeks and they haven't heard anything? Or in the time it took our petition to just get through Nebraska, they've got their visa and are here? Man, they're soooo lucky!

Tomorrow will be better! :yes:

Hello again. Just can't seem to stop reading vj. :lol: Yeah cmltdg it's hard to read people complaining about how everything takes so long. I think they don't do their research before they file to see how long things may or may not take. I was on here for months before we we able to actually file in Nebraska and was expecting things to take a lot longer than it has. I can't complain a bit because our I-129 only took 45 days to get approved. I think it was due to the time of year we filed. I think more people file in the spring than in the fall. (just my thought) I about went nuts waiting until November to file but that was what we planned and agreed on so we stuck with it. We are trying to do this at our pace and how we planned everything but it's getting hard now. Only a few more weeks until we get to the interview and It's starting to get to me. I know we have several months to go and right now we are planning on October for him to come but if or when we get the waiver approved October might have to be re negotiated. :P Heck I think we are one of the "older" couples on here so we need to get this over and done with as soon as possible. :lol: We aren't getting any younger. We tease each other about having walker races and sitting on the porch in our rocking chairs poking each other with our canes. ha ha ha

Hang in there guys. I'm sure you don't have much longer to wait and we will all be here ready to celebrate with you when you get the good news. Nothing better than seeing and feeling the excitement when someone fially gets that big fat approval.

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Chin up Beetee,

people in here can give you as much support as possible, I found it really helps when you feel down and times get hard, and there will be a few of them before (fingers crossed) we are all approved.

Look at Misty B's timeline, I'm sure she had to go through a similar process with submitting her waiver via stockholm and then waiting for it to be sent to London. A plus side of this method was that she didn't have to wait the 12-15 weeks from when London received it, I think it was only four weeks from then?? (not sure)

anyway, if you're feeling down, and you want to type, we're all here for you!

Hi guys..

Well my waiver sat in Denmark for 2 long months and I really have no idea why. They said they were trying to do alot of work on it before it got sent to London and also that they were waiting on something (I suspect it had something to do with the fingerprints or the A-File but I am not 100% sure of that)...anyway it sat for two months. It got sent to London on Dec. 15th, they received at DHS on Jan. 3rd and it was adjudicated by the 25th. I suspect it was decided before Sweden called me though so it was around 3 weeks. I believe they go by filing date.

Beetee I would try to call the ICE office. The embassy probably has no idea what is going on.

Try this phone number....+45 35 55 66 91..I think that is the right number..I dont have access to the phone numbers I had when I was over there..at worst it's a fax number. They will answer faxes much faster.

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Hi guys and gals,

hope everyone had a great Easter :luv:

Guess we are all still waiting huh. Anything new?? I saw that Stockholm got approved or completed their case, it only took them around 2 months right? they submitted theirs 2/7/2006 and it was completed 4/6/06 - I hope that it only takes 2 months for all of us :P

Well, I got a reply from the Copenhagen embassy, they have not yet sent my waiver to London...gosh, I submitted it almost a month ago - hopefully they'll bump me up at London...you know, so I can be in line right after Tiff :P he he

I was actually thinking that summer is coming up, and that means higher airfare.... I think that the prices are the same from Copenhagen and London, or am I wrong? The tickets to the US can cost around $1200 *at the cheapest * and up around summer. *Sigh*, as if it wasn't enough with all the money we have paid so far, now the ticket is going to cost a lot too. Is it possible for you guys in London to buy a oneway ticket? You can not buy that from Denmark, I have to buy a roundtrip ticket - which is more expensive, such a ripoff :angry:

Anyways... just yapping, lol :P Enjoy your Thursday everybody...

Timeline:

Timeline

Hey, Beetee, thanks! I did have a great Easter. full of food and family fun. It's been quiet around here lately, hasn't it? I guess we're all trying to pass the time constructively -- at least I am -- and not obsess too much. I can't believe they haven't sent your file to London yet. I know Misty waited quite a while for hers to be sent, but then not too much longer after that. I hope that's the case for you.

We've also been looking at plane tickets. On Aerfungus -- I mean, Aerlingus :D we can get a one-way ticket that's actually only around 250 euros, so I think that's what we're going to do. It does get so expensive in the summer, doesn't it?

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well. Big moving month coming up for Jpkeswim, yeah? Good luck!

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

Great to hear that you had a great Easter :)

Aerfungus.....lol :D 250 Euro, wow, that is cheap - so you guys can buy one way tickets from London?? I don't understand why that is not doable from Denmark. 250 Euro, what is that...around $300?? you have got to be kidding me? I have to pay around $1200 :wacko: Maybe I should fly from London instead, but then again... it'll cost me just as much to fly to London and I also have to buy a roundtrip too ha ha, so stupid :( but...as my husband says, it'll be a small price for us to be together, so I just have to make peace with it and move on ...he he, guess someone is thinking more straight than the other during this imm. process :luv:

Yea, they are working pretty fast at the embassy in Copenhagen, esp. when you think of all the cases they have :rolleyes: All the times I went there, there was so quiet...maybe 2 or 3 people, and that's it - I wonder what the h the do with their time overthere. MistyB tried to comfort me and told me the same as you Tiff, that if I'm lucky mine will be like hers - so that's some positive news :D

Did you guys see all the cases on the London tracking site....wow, I hope that it doesn't slow down the process :(

Anyways, enjoy your weekend people :D let us all know, if there's anything new.

Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.