aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, maybe they're just changing the way they inform people so it's faster! That's really great if that's it. I'm sure you'll get a confirming call sometime this week.

Hey, we should have our own little pinned area with all approved HL letters as well as denied, kind of like the other forum. I like this forum (VJ) better, I think, and it would be really helpful going forward.

Paul, maybe your theory is right. I'm more than glad to be wrong on this particular point! :D Ten weeks would be great. That means we theoretically would only have seven weeks to wait instead of nine to 12!

Can't wait 'til he gets here! Hoping for the best.

Tiff

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wendybob.....if you can't get any joy from London Embassey, try and call the DOS (202)663-1225 THEN PRESS 1-1-0 for a opperator....they will have your info there..

hope that helps...

Nigel.. :thumbs:

Tom & mary...

I thought ill post this as it might be usefull for you and anyone else..

A motion to re-open is when you have significant new hardship(s) to present. For example, someone got pregnant or was diagnosed with a debilitating disease.

A motion to reconsider is based primarily on the facts that were used in the original case. However, people often slip additional information in there that is related, but not the entire basis for reconsideration.

So, if you think that the facts in your original case were adequately evaluated and were appropriately denied, but that the new facts change the situation drastically - then you should file a motion to re-open.

If you feel that the original facts were not adequately considered, and the new information is primarily supporting of the hardships already mentioned in the first waiver, then a motion to reconsider would probably be more appropriate.

Hope that helps..

Nigel..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Wendybob.....if you can't get any joy from London Embassey, try and call the DOS (202)663-1225 THEN PRESS 1-1-0 for a opperator....they will have your info there..

hope that helps...

Nigel.. :thumbs:

Cheers for that number. It's a useful one to have. After I got through I was told that me receiving a letter first wasn't the usual procedure and that I should wait a few days. heh, like I have a choice. :whistle:

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

Timeline
Tom & mary...

I thought ill post this as it might be usefull for you and anyone else..

A motion to re-open is when you have significant new hardship(s) to present. For example, someone got pregnant or was diagnosed with a debilitating disease.

A motion to reconsider is based primarily on the facts that were used in the original case. However, people often slip additional information in there that is related, but not the entire basis for reconsideration.

So, if you think that the facts in your original case were adequately evaluated and were appropriately denied, but that the new facts change the situation drastically - then you should file a motion to re-open.

If you feel that the original facts were not adequately considered, and the new information is primarily supporting of the hardships already mentioned in the first waiver, then a motion to reconsider would probably be more appropriate.

Hope that helps..

Nigel..

Probably neither applies in our case, Nigel. They did not consider our hardships at all. The denial letter said no purpose was to be gained by considering any hardship to the usa citizen as we were not eligible for a waiver. Our only hope would be to find more details pertaining to that charge but we have hit deadends everywhere

Tomorrow we are moving into a three bedroom house in Gravesend. Leaving the 2 room flat in Brixton that we have shared since November. We will most likely be without broadband service for a week or two so I won't be around for a while. On May 10th I will fly back to Michigan to attempt to get rid of my belongings and my house. The house is Gravesend is big enough that I can ship some of my stuff but there are so many decisions to make.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline

Mary&Tom,

Good Luck with the move....also good luck once you have to pack everything up in Michigan. I am currently going through my things and my fiance things to get rid of both of our things. I am able to store most of my things that I don't want to ship. I have to get rid of my car and his cars, both of our furniture, and lots of clothes, as we both have way to many clothes. I will be in England in May! Yeah I will see my honey again!

We will re-file once we get married. The wedding was set for the end of April over here, but since they denied John we are having it in England in July. We have had to cancel all of our wedding plans and my parents have lost alot of money. Now we aren't going to have the wedding we really wanted but we will still have the church wedding with a small reception. Hopefully everything will work out this time.

Now I need to figure out how to file everything. Of course our lawyer wants to help still but we don't have any extra money. He told us it would be at a discounted rate, but we really can't afford it with me not working for a few months. Hopefully we can figure everything out on this site..... :)

I am going up to Chicago in a few weeks to get my UK visa. It is so much easier to get a visa to go over there.

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Timeline
Mary&Tom,

Good Luck with the move....also good luck once you have to pack everything up in Michigan. I am currently going through my things and my fiance things to get rid of both of our things. I am able to store most of my things that I don't want to ship. I have to get rid of my car and his cars, both of our furniture, and lots of clothes, as we both have way to many clothes. I will be in England in May! Yeah I will see my honey again!

We will re-file once we get married. The wedding was set for the end of April over here, but since they denied John we are having it in England in July. We have had to cancel all of our wedding plans and my parents have lost alot of money. Now we aren't going to have the wedding we really wanted but we will still have the church wedding with a small reception. Hopefully everything will work out this time.

Now I need to figure out how to file everything. Of course our lawyer wants to help still but we don't have any extra money. He told us it would be at a discounted rate, but we really can't afford it with me not working for a few months. Hopefully we can figure everything out on this site..... :)

I am going up to Chicago in a few weeks to get my UK visa. It is so much easier to get a visa to go over there.

I am glad you also have a plan. That is another thing I will have to do... try to get a fiance visa for me. Do you have to go to Chicago or can it all be done by mail? I haven't even begun to sort out that part of things. That would be quite a journey for me to go to Chicago on my own as I do not drive expressways. In fact one big advantage of living in the Uk will be not having to ever drive again! LOL!

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline

Yes, it can be done by mail but I just feel safer going there. I was able to make a appointment online and then I just have to be there that day. Yes, it is in Chicago. It is a 5-hour drive so we are leaving after work and then staying at a Hotel downtown. They will issue it that day. Also on the website it lists everything you need to take on send it. You fill the application out on line then you print it off and take it with you. I will PM you with the webaddress.....

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Timeline

The fiance visa is very quick. We arranged our wedding in 3 weeks, and that included the visa, new child passports, booking planes and the registrar (thats where Scotland came in handy).

On another note, today we finally got confirmation of approval!! :dance::crying::dance:

Not by phone, but email.

The Immigrant Visa Unit has now received the approved waiver application from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in London. Please call SMS on 08709 501 760 to arrange delivery of your passport to the Immigrant Visa Unit for visa issuance.

Short but sweet I guess. I'll dig out the hardship stuff now we know it worked.

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

It's official; congratulations are in order! :D

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Congrats windibob :dance: Good to see your approval when I got back. Hope to see a few more soon.

I left our waiver letter with my finace when I was there. Now we just have to wait until May to file it and keep our fingers crossed.

Best wishes to all,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.