pride

Please help !!!!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi guys,

well, I had my interview two months ago and i was told to bring the return taxes of my co-sponsor, and a week ago i took that document to the consulate of casablanca then they asked me for my passport. after i gave them my passport , i was very happy because i thought that i have to wait only couple of days for their call so i can go to pick up my visa. unfortunately, i recently got a call from them but i was informed that my co-sponsor doesnt make enough money and i have to find a new co sponsor that makes enough.

honestly, my wife and I are unable to find a new co-sponsor and im trying to get as much as i can of information concerning the fact if it is ok to let them have my passport even though i dont have a new co sponsor -at leaset for now-, or should I email them and tell them whats going on so they can give me back my passport ?? please, we will truly appreciate your help , even that tiny information.

Sounds to me like they are trying to give you a chance to square things up so they can fork over the visa, instead of just flat out denying you.

It may help to re-examine your wife's affidavit of support. Does she have any assets that can be claimed (like savings or bonds)? How far off is she from meeting the 125% of the poverty line? (Im not meaning to pry for specific personal info. I dont need to know her income, you can check the poverty line tables on your own). Perhaps she has a friend or family member who would be willing to vouch for providing room and board or something else small. I didnt have to have a co-sponsor, so I can only guess at what its like to have to hunt for one. But examine all angles, you never know who might be able to give you that extra little boost.

Good Luck. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.