2 posts in this topic

Of course most of you have seen this article today, but the word "diverted" caught my attention - I would think this would cause some people to raise their head and say hmmm..........I do believe it is old news but the article speaks of interesting facts for all phases of immigration. The article is not old news, just posted today, but I am thinking about the fee money issue.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_...ArN0jMHsrVh24cA

Note on this one subject line:Since 1988, the work of Citizenship and Immigration Services and its predecessor, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, has been largely paid for by revenue from application fees. Congress has provided money for specific projects over the years, but generally those have been limited to a few years. Sometimes fee money has been diverted for things like detention centers

hmmmmmm i hope to god they were not in the throws of a backlog crisis at that point hmmmmm whacks head against computer screen and says I gotta go back to school and learn how our government arrives at these decisions.

growling and still goes to USCIS website to see if case can be accessed, ok that didnt work, bangs head again and says oh my can we have those fees back that people paid for their applications to correct some of the problems going on now.

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this is a constant appropriation issue. Right now the only politicians that are even talking about immigration (and there really aren't that many of them) are generally in the "lock them out and toss the rest in prison" camp and not actually talking about real immigration issues that could be leading to the influx of illegal migrants such as the unreasonably long waits for visas. (yes I know that there are some that would come illegally reguardless of the waits but we can't fix those problems right now, economic disparity etc.)

So, everyone that is tired of the wait should at least email your congressperson and senators and let them know that they have constituents who are concerned about fixing the legal immigration system. A significant portion of the system could be sped up with just a few procedural changes and just a little bit of money. This is the season for federal budget allocation, let the people representing you know that you think they should increase funding for USCIS. No one person can change much, but there are thousands of people on VJ if even 10% actually contacted their representatives some things could change.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.