Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Police Records for Time in Military Service?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Country: Georgia

I am a naturalized US Citizen and my husband (US Citizen) and I have applied for Perm Residency for my father (66 years old) who lives in the Rep of Georgia. Our I-130 has been approved, and we are just mailing the choice of agent form today. I know my father will need to have police records from every place he lived for more than 6 months. He served in the Soviet Army in the late 50s and was stationed in Russia for over 6 months (2yrs). Will his military records be sufficient to prove no criminal behavior, or will he need a police document from Russia as well? From reading the forums and knowing the current situation between Russia and Georgia it may be extremely difficult to obtain that sort of documentation. Does anyone have any info on if the military records and a police document showing no criminal behavior in Georgia suffice?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...