Karena

HELP!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

My fiancee in Cuba was called to the consulte to pick up packet/documents, but was not told anything about returning anything by mail, or an appointment date. Any tips? Does he need to mail in the DS-230 Biographical data to the consulate

Timeline
My fiancee in Cuba was called to the consulte to pick up packet/documents, but was not told anything about returning anything by mail, or an appointment date. Any tips? Does he need to mail in the DS-230 Biographical data to the consulate

KARENA:

DS forms are to be filled out by him and present them at interview. He must not sign any of those forms since that must be done in front of the consular officer at the moment of the interview. About appointment I don't know, sorry :blush: . My fiancé is cuban but he lives in Venezuela, so we did everything through US Consulate in Caracas, Venezuela.

SOMEONE DEALING WITH US INTEREST SECTION IN HAVANA, PLEASE HELP KARENA WITH HER DOUBTS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

it seems the best way is that you call an 866 number from the states and buy a PIN number for $11 and you set up his appointment for him.

here's what Edwin wrote earlier to me:

here is the number for the U.S. interest section in

havanna. 011 53 7 833 3551. Check to see if they got

your case from NVC. once they received your case and

you call them, they you give you this number to set up

a appointment for your finace interview. 1 866 374

1769. hope this helps....Edwin

Karena,

what else was in the packet?

some people don't even mention the DS-230.

are you guys married or is this a K-1 Fiance Visa?

Thanks for any help.

Timeline

Hi, Thank you.. I will tell him not to sign anything. I saw the info about the 230 form online in this site about the K1 process. I know he has adocuments to get a medical and for the police for clearance. Possibly proof of vaccinations too. I assume he has the 230 because it is a biographical data form and the site said he had to mail that in but nobody told him. I have a lawyer here but not getting frequent info from them. I will call for the appointment. My Fiance, Omar, is appied for his passport to. Does anyone know if beyond the Medical fee what other fees he may have to pay to leave Cuba. How does he get approval to leave from Cuba once the K1 is gicven to him. The expiration date on the k1 is April 21? Thanks everyone!

_Karena

it seems the best way is that you call an 866 number from the states and buy a PIN number for $11 and you set up his appointment for him.

here's what Edwin wrote earlier to me:

here is the number for the U.S. interest section in

havanna. 011 53 7 833 3551. Check to see if they got

your case from NVC. once they received your case and

you call them, they you give you this number to set up

a appointment for your finace interview. 1 866 374

1769. hope this helps....Edwin

Karena,

what else was in the packet?

some people don't even mention the DS-230.

are you guys married or is this a K-1 Fiance Visa?

Thanks for any help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.