Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Change Of Address - Can I Give A US Address?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia

Hey VJ'ers.

June and I lurk a lot and don't post but something has come up which i'm hoping someone will have an answer for. June and I recieved the NOA2 in the mail today :thumbs: (August 14th Filed).

I am a citizen of Australia but have residency in Canada (and USCIS are allowing my Interview at the US embassy there) so I have been spending three months in Canada, three months in the US (on a visa waiver) while waiting for the K1 and sorting everything out. I don't have a permanent address in Canada any more as my roommates have left and i just rent a room by the month each time I return.

Here is the problem I just returned to the US and intent to stay for the full three months, unless my interview is before that time. As i am no longer at my Canadian address that i have given, would it be possible to do a change of address for the petitioner to c/o of a US address?

- Our house in the US?

Or would a mail forwarding service be a better investment?

Any suggestions for this problem?

Thanks Josh

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...