Eternal Love

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

YAY! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!!!!!

Jennifer :)

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing (221g)

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

02/06/08 VISA arrives!!!!!!!

04/01/08 My honey arrives in the US!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

10/10/08 AP received

10/15/08 Work Permit received

1/24/09 Green Card Received

Congratulations !!!!

I agree with what you said, it ok to have tons of evidence than go there unprepared. there are applicants who have incomplete requirements, and didn't fill-up their forms. When I had my interview last Monday, there's a Filipino couple (i think they're the same age as mine or a lil younger than me), they were called for the pre-interviewer and when they came back, the guy (i think he's the petitioner) holds an I-134, it was blank. Guess they didn't have that. I wonder what happened to them. I heard many incomplete requirements (mostly affidavit of support) on window 38, different classifications. I wonder why do they (the petitioners) let their beneficiaries go at the USE unprepared. Some of the beneficiary are old, you cant expect them to surf the internet and read the do's and dont's at USE.

its kinda frustrating when you heard that the kids need to reschedule their interview (and needs to expedite the requirement becos one of the children will be having his 21st bday on May :( ) becos of an incomplete requirements when all of this can be avoided with just a simple research and joining forums like this. tsk tsk

Again, Congratulations bro! I hope you receive your visa tomorrow or early next week.. :)

Edited by Noki

.png

.png

congrats! :dance::dance:

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the post... Congratulations!!!

:star: HI TO ALL VJER'S !!! FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU EXTENDED TO US DURING OUR JOURNEY!! PRAISED BE JESUS AND MARY!!! I PASSED MY INTERVIEW!!

I CHECKED-IN AT SOUTHERN CROSS HOTEL LAST NIGHT AT 7PM AND HAD MY DINNER AT ROBINSON'S CHOWKING. I SAID MY WEDNESDAY NOVENA INSIDE MY ROOM COZ ERMITA SHRINE IS FULL OF CHURCHGOERS EVEN AT THE CHURCHYARD. I SET MY ALARM AT 3:30 BUT I WAS AHEAD AT 2:30 .SINCE THEN I COULDN'T GET BACK TO SLEEP ANYMORE UNTIL I DECIDED TO TAKE A BATH AND GOT READY FOR THE INTERVIEW.

YES DURING THE PRELIMINARY ROUTINES ( lining up for ticket, etc..) I NEVER KNEW WHAT'S REALLY IN STORE FOR ME ( btw i was with mayeth and marissa fellow vjers ) NOT UNTIL MARISSA WAS CALLED FIRST ( she was 7059, mine is 7058 and mayeth 7057 ) TO WINDOW 24 FOR PRE-SCREENING, AND THERE WE LEARNED HOW THE PROCESS WILL GO ON.

1. it really pays off to follow some tips posted in here: i felt bad that right at the entrance, the first violator of bringing electronic gadget was the accompanying fiance who brought with him a camera, i-pod, cellphone ( only to find out later that his fiancee is incomplete of forms and doesn't have visa pics at hand ), and some of the ladies behind us were still accomplishing some of their forms had not the guard announced to get ready for ds forms to get a queueng ticket at the booth.

2. 9:30> i was the last one to be called from among the three of us ( calling of ticket numbers is randomized and does not strictly follow the order of the queueng ticket ) WINDOW 22: the lady pre-screener was so nice - she first asked for my original love letters ( HUH :blink: ?), i don't have much of that but i offered my tons of greeting cards and she accepted it, notarized affividavit of support, chatlogs instead of phonebills ( i brought with me my 1 box of globe prepaid cards ) call card bills, tax transcripts, emails, pictures, too bad i was not able to show them our picture book ( it cannot be bent on the slot ), original employment letters, original bank statement.. that's it!!

3. while submitting all the documents she asked me, she started asking my complete name, age, my work: fiancee's name, age, what is she doing in the US and does she still lives with her mom? and what interested her most was how Michelle and I met, since when do I know her, how we communicated for such a long time, etc etc etc.. SHE WAS IN AWE AFTER LISTENING TO MY REVELATIONS!!!

4. after that friendly pre-screening she told to go back to my seat and wait for my name to be flashed again so she could get my fingerprints and not to line up at window 33, i did it after 5 minutes....

5. In about 10 minutes, my number is flashed again and oh my God!! window 30 :yes: . Marissa was called first then mayeth and my turn. We were almost simultaneous in entering our own cubicles.

6. I waited for about a minute and was able to say APOSTLE'S CREED exactly when the applicant went out of the cubicle. As I was entering the cubicle, the kind consul greeted me and welcomed me to the US embassy and told me to sit down and relax.. after a while he told me to raise my right hand and I swore for the truthfulness of anything i would say and declare to him. I don't know if it's just a coincidence coz he had the same set of questions and again got really interested with how Michelle and I started our relationship as that with the lady in WINDOW 22. And i easily responded to all his questions. He did npot even bother to ask me additional documents that I had although I was showing all to him what I have. he was too busy working on his computer while talking to me and whispering to himself that he got all the info he needed. Then to finalize his interview with me, he verified my finger print using my left thumb ... and that's it!!! 3 minutes is done!!!

7. I was waiting for him to say something if I am approved or not and as he rose up to his seat, he just said "Congrats and we'll see you at the next window !!! and walked away from his seat...... tsk tsk tsk.. i had no opportunity to present my request letter to pick up.... twa's already 10:25 a.m.

8. I went to back to my seat and Marissa was already there, after 3 minutes Mayeth followed. We waited again for our names to be called... i don't know but the two ladies were the first one to be called at window 38. they got their claim stub and all the documents submitted earlier. After 3 more minutes my name was called and I tried to present my request letter there to the Filipino rep but she turned me down and asked her if I could still go back to the consul but she said I can't. And so I settled for DELROS DELIVERY...

9. God, please help me once again to have my visa and passport before my flight on the 15th!!! AMEN.

10. The three of us treated ourselves with a lunch at Chowking - with my ultimate LOMI!!! SARAP!!! :yes:

:( Some say it's tough during the interview date, yes it is!! But what makes it tough is that when you have not enough documents to show ( it's better to have or complete them rather than to scratch your head coz you don't have such ) especially that we are in a case-to-case basis., that of having co-sponsors, divorced fiance/fiancee....etc..

:star: One thing more, you should internalize all your answers feeling the genuiness of your love and truthfulness of your promises and vow to your fiance/fiancee..... and you can easily respond to the pre-screener and consul.

That's my experience for the day and after the lunch upon chacking-out at the hotel i called on Michelle to tell the good news as I was signing to YM on the internet shop beside the hotel. (L)

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.