Roslilspaniel

EAD 120 and counting..

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I'm posting this in case someone else is going through the same situation. Basically its been more than 120 days and still no news from EAD . Today I called USCIS customer service a very friendly representative told us that indeed we were off processing time by a lot and that we need to wait 45 days for the case to be revised on March or so.. She gave my husband a number and said to call back if we don't hear any news after those 45 days.

If anyone has been through this, does it usually take that long ? Or the 45 days period its estimated and they actually work on the case before that. The only RFE we received stated I sent extra money and they sent me the money order back ( made 1 for 1010 and another for 340.00) the NOA said no additional action was to be taken at the moment and that was on Oct 1 st

Any Insight will be greatly appreciated

Good luck on the journey everyone

Annette

Love Found a Way

Removal of Conditions Journey

I- 751 Package Sent (Vermont Service Center) July 08, 2010

Received NOA I 797C July 12, 2010

Received NOA 2 797 (biometrics app.) Aug 12, 2010 /12:00PM

Biometrics Done (Aug 12 ,2010)

Card Production Ordered (Approved) Aug 17, 2010

Waiting for GC in the mail

iKMdm4.png

KHCG.jpgKHCGm4.png

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone I'm posting this in case someone else is going through the same situation. Basically its been more than 120 days and still no news from EAD . Today I called USCIS customer service a very friendly representative told us that indeed we were off processing time by a lot and that we need to wait 45 days for the case to be revised on March or so.. She gave my husband a number and said to call back if we don't hear any news after those 45 days.

If anyone has been through this, does it usually take that long ? Or the 45 days period its estimated and they actually work on the case before that. The only RFE we received stated I sent extra money and they sent me the money order back ( made 1 for 1010 and another for 340.00) the NOA said no additional action was to be taken at the moment and that was on Oct 1 st

Annette

You are wasting your time calling the USCIS helpline (mis-info line).... they can only see the same info you can see when you check your status online.... what you need to do is make an infopass appointment at your local office and ask them to request the service center that is dealing with your EAD make a desiccion on your case or issue a interem EAD card as you are well beyond the normal processing time....

Kez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd make an INFOPASS appointment ASAP.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Annette

You are wasting your time calling the USCIS helpline (mis-info line).... they can only see the same info you can see when you check your status online.... what you need to do is make an infopass appointment at your local office and ask them to request the service center that is dealing with your EAD make a desiccion on your case or issue a interem EAD card as you are well beyond the normal processing time....

Kez

Oh no! I had an infopass appointment for tomorrow at 1 pm but since I called the cust service today I cancelled I didnt know I had more options ( I thought they would tell me the same and it would look bad if i pry too much Im going to try to get my appointment back

thanks Kez

Love Found a Way

iKMdm4.png

KHCG.jpgKHCGm4.png

Annette

Kez

OK I managed to reschedule the appointment for 1:20 pm tomorrow can you tell me more about the interim EAD what is it how does it work ? I've never heard of that before. Also I'm concerned the request for rushing the decision may result in denial from the Service center. We filed with Chicago Lockbox but I believe now its in Missouri (MSC) is the code in the receipt number.

Love Found a Way

iKMdm4.png

KHCG.jpgKHCGm4.png

Annette

Kez

Oh no! I had an infopass appointment for tomorrow at 1 pm but since I called the cust service today I cancelled I didnt know I had more options ( I thought they would tell me the same and it would look bad if i pry too much Im going to try to get my appointment back

thanks Kez

Update

We went to the local office apparently they had sent an RFE from MSC but we never got it. According to the officer the EAD process was on hold until they get the RFE answer but they couldn't tell us exactly what they were requesting. The officer was nice and she sent a message to the service center to ask for the RFE to be mailed again. So we'll have to wait until they contact us in about two weeks or so.

:) It sure beats waiting 45 days more . At least we know now what was wrong . Thanks Kezzie and bora bora for their advice

Clear Skies

Annette

Love Found a Way

iKMdm4.png

KHCG.jpgKHCGm4.png

Filed: Timeline

Annette

Kez

thanks Kez

Update

We went to the local office apparently they had sent an RFE from MSC but we never got it. According to the officer the EAD process was on hold until they get the RFE answer but they couldn't tell us exactly what they were requesting. The officer was nice and she sent a message to the service center to ask for the RFE to be mailed again. So we'll have to wait until they contact us in about two weeks or so.

:) It sure beats waiting 45 days more . At least we know now what was wrong . Thanks Kezzie and bora bora for their advice

Clear Skies

Annette

So glad you found out what the hold up was.... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR NAME ON YOUR MAILBOX, it has to be where the mailperson can see it... then you should not have issues with getting your mail from USCIS...

Hope the RFE is something simple....

Kez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.