1 post in this topic

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I just received a notice that my husband and I have to appear in Detroit tomorrow(2/5) for an interview on the I130. I just got this notice TODAY (2/4). We already had an interview when my husband filed the petition for the I485. We had this on 3/5/07. The immigration officer told my husband that he was approved we were just waiting for the FBI name to come back. He said it would take 6 months. Well, we called in December of 07 and they said it was going to be another 6 months and now we have to go in for this interview tomorrow. I don't understand what the hell is going on with these people????!!!! I initially filed the I130 11/03 and the immigration interviewer said that these (I485/I130) would be done in conjuction with eachother. Basically, he told me when the I485 was approved it brought the I130 along with it. I spoke with those idiots at the 1-800-Idiot line and they told me that they had never heard of this being done and there may be something that was filled out wrong on the I130 to make them question it. Has ANYONE heard of this? Also, we moved in November and haven't filled out the change of address yet. Yeah, I know we should have done it, it's just that neither one of us have had the time. We only put his name on the lease because with my credit we would not have been able to get the apt. Sad but true. I know. Anyway, not sure what to tell them about that either. Should I print out my credit report to show it to them? I am just so upset right now, I don't know what to do or even think about this stuff anymore.

If someone could give me ANY advice I would appreciate it.

Thank you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.