T_and_A

Medical Experience

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I took my medical thursaday, jan31, 2008 and got results yesterday.. I would just like to share my medical experience at SLEC

I decided to take early medical.. I'm scheduled Feb 25th but decided to take it as early as possible. I thought it would be to my advantage to take early medical so at least i'll get it over with (also means i'll be one step more to being with my sweetheart!!! ;) ) . They will allow you to have early medical as long as you have the original appointment letter.

These are the things you have to have with you:

1) APPOINTMENT LETTER ( photocopies of the appointment letter too)

2) PASSPORT ( if it would help, i also had my passport photocopied anyway... )

3) PHOTOS ( they say 2 photos but bring more!! I advise about 4 ) , you need to put your name at the back...

4) PEN ( ballpen preferably not sign pens )

5) FEE ( i paid about PHP5945 )

6) others: they may ask you for old film of xray more than 3 months ago to compare results with

FIRST DAY

My sked was suppose to be at 7:30 but i left early and got there before 7. THere are already lots of people by then but not too crowded compared to around 9am..

approached the guard, who is always nice. Greeted him good morning and with smile usually helps alot..

Guard will ask for appointment letter and will mark it but will also ask for the photocopy, (keep your original appointment in safe place after guard gets the photocopy. You will use it at the embassy interview) will give you the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) that you have to fill out inside.. Make sure before you get in, Manong guard puts a mark on your hand so you can go out anytime in case you may get hungry and not being asked or reprimanded by the other guards. Manong guard will also give you a guide, it really helped me alot and kept it handy, made everything smooth..

A few tips: if you have any relatives abroad, you NEED to have the complete name, address and contact information for them too as it's required on the PDS or they may ask you to fill that out anyway on the second day if you fail to fill it in. and all other information you failed to provide. Also the address of your fiance and contact information. I actually managed to memorize my passport no and the case no so it came in handy while filling out the forms. BTW, its also best if you will get all your documents in a see through folder so it will be easy to pull it out esp in the crowd.

After cashier checks your PDS, you will be asked to pay the fee.. (on the guide, it will give you respective floors ). After paying the bills, you may go through the medical procedure.. Mine is xray first, then blood, urine, vital signs (heartbeart, pulse, BP, height, weight, etc), eyesight..Immunization interview : they ask you if you already had chicken pox and you have to show marks for it, also same with the CFG mark or keloid ( bakuna which is usually on the right/left upper arm) I had difficulty with mine since i didnt have a keloid from it...which usually happens when it was taken when you were just a baby. I also asked my mama what all are the immunization i was given when i was a child. It willl come handy on the interview.. Then you have the physical exam, in which they will check everything... ask you to take off everything.. breast, history of sickness.. if you were hospitalized, stuff like that.. (just answer as honestly as possible as they will know if you are saying the truth or not). And relax and manage to smile even if the doctor is not so nice.

then all is done..

you will be asked to get an appointment date for the results along with the receipt that you paid for.

DAY 1 is so easy and i was done by 10:30 am

NEXT DAY! painstaking waiting for me though... My second day didn't go that well..

Things to bring on 2nd day:

1) appointment letter from yesterday

2) passport

3) pics 2x2

4) pen

My schedule was 9am.. I thought coming in early will be of help.. I came in at 8:30 am, showed my appointment sked to the guard. Guard will check if your records are ok or not. If ok, if you agreed to take your immunization in Philippines, (coz you have an option to just take it in US), then you will proceed with immunization and just wait for the results at counter A-F. Painstaking waiting for your name to be called.

As for my case, my records are not in yet.. I was thinking either i came in too early that my records are not yet completed or my records were not just finished yet.. I got there at 8:30am, have to proceed to counter A.

After 2 hours... nothing yet... :angry::crying::help: I usually ask around from the staff there but they wouldn't really entertain any questions and would only inform you to wait for your turn. You will understand as you can see everyone doing their job and trying to serve as many people as possible. Patience here is actually needed. Good thing my sweetheart also called me when i asked him to, just for moral support. Since you couldn't approach any one for any answers, I managed to run after the other staff on the way to his lunch. So i told him that I've been waiting for my turn since more than 4 hours ago and would just like to ask if that's normal for that to happen. He said that he really doesn't know but said not to worry as if i get immunized for that day, i most probably will get the results the same day. I got some relief on that and went back to my seat and just a few mins after, my name was called. I had to wait until past 130pm before my name was called for the first time ---> immunization.. Before that it was really boring... may have to bring a book with you or something to do like ipod maybe or something you can do while waiting. I had my immunization by 1:40pm already.. The nurse was kinda perky when i had my shot.. Reminded me not to get pregnant within a month after the vaccine. hehehe... Then asked me to wait back to counter A-F for my name to be called again.. that means continuous waiting. My butt is aching from sitting already. Good to have my snacks with me. I finally got my final interview and results by 4 pm.. You have to have presence of mind on the last interview before they release the results. Sometimes they ask tricky questions. If you are unsure of the question, you can ask them again and make sure you understand each other or you are on the same page.

They took my passport and informed me that they will be the one to forward it to the embassy. gave me my xray film and had me sign all the paperwork that needs to be signed. They make us use the signature you had on the passport always.. So if you happen to have more than one signature, use the one on the passport. You may also ask the final interviewer if it means you are good with medical. Usually they say as the case may be, if you are immunized that means, your medical is ok. :thumbs: Got this from one of the friendly staff there, actually was my lucky charm. I went home exhausted and a bit fever from the vaccine. But Im really glad that it's done and over with..

Good luck to you all... Good luck to us for the interview.

Acel

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

You have to have presence of mind on the last interview before they release the results. Sometimes they ask tricky questions. If you are unsure of the question, you can ask them again and make sure you understand each other or you are on the same page.

Haha, I remember when the guy asked me "where is the scar.." I didn't let him finished the question and just pointed my nose (my scar from chicken pox). He laughed and repeat the question that he is asking for the scar I got from BCG vaccine. So by the time he's aking the chicken pox scar he answerd it for me that it's on my nose.

And relax and manage to smile even if the doctor is not so nice.

This one really helps. Just answered her questions with smile.

For those who are having their medical, pls avoid going to SLEC on Mondays and Fridays, someone told me that great number of people come in those days compared to Tuesdays-Thurs. When I had my medical, it was wednesday and thursday, I spent 1 hr and 30 mins on my 2nd day at SLEC (that includes vaccination and releasing). :)

Congrats Acel! :)

Edited by Noki

.png

.png

Timeline

Thanks... Good luck on your interview too..

:star:

And to add, IT IS OK TO ASK RATHER THAN GIVE THE WRONG ANSWER... hehehe...

You have to have presence of mind on the last interview before they release the results. Sometimes they ask tricky questions. If you are unsure of the question, you can ask them again and make sure you understand each other or you are on the same page.

Haha, I remember when the guy asked me "where is the scar.." I didn't let him finished the question and just pointed my nose (my scar from chicken pox). He laughed and repeat the question that he is asking for the scar I got from BCG vaccine. So by the time he's aking the chicken pox scar he answerd it for me that it's on my nose.

And relax and manage to smile even if the doctor is not so nice.

This one really helps. Just answered her questions with smile.

For those who are having their medical, pls avoid going to SLEC on Mondays and Fridays, someone told me that great number of people come in those days compared to Tuesdays-Thurs. When I had my medical, it was wednesday and thursday, I spent 1 hr and 30 mins on my 2nd day at SLEC (that includes vaccination and releasing). :)

Congrats Acel! :)

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

Congratulations Acel! Goodluck on your interview. God bless!

lani

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I took my medical thursaday, jan31, 2008 and got results yesterday.. I would just like to share my medical experience at SLEC

I decided to take early medical.. I'm scheduled Feb 25th but decided to take it as early as possible. I thought it would be to my advantage to take early medical so at least i'll get it over with (also means i'll be one step more to being with my sweetheart!!! ;) ) . They will allow you to have early medical as long as you have the original appointment letter.

3) PHOTOS ( they say 2 photos but bring more!! I advise about 4 ) , you need to put your name at the back...

6) others: they may ask you for old film of xray more than 3 months ago to compare results with

FIRST DAY

My sked was suppose to be at 7:30 but i left early and got there before 7. THere are already lots of people by then but not too crowded compared to around 9am..

approached the guard, who is always nice. Greeted him good morning and with smile usually helps alot..

Guard will ask for appointment letter and will mark it but will also ask for the photocopy, (keep your original appointment in safe place after guard gets the photocopy. You will use it at the embassy interview) will give you the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) that you have to fill out inside.. Make sure before you get in, Manong guard puts a mark on your hand so you can go out anytime in case you may get hungry and not being asked or reprimanded by the other guards. Manong guard will also give you a guide, it really helped me alot and kept it handy, made everything smooth..

A few tips: if you have any relatives abroad, you NEED to have the complete name, address and contact information for them too as it's required on the PDS or they may ask you to fill that out anyway on the second day if you fail to fill it in. and all other information you failed to provide. Also the address of your fiance and contact information. I actually managed to memorize my passport no and the case no so it came in handy while filling out the forms. BTW, its also best if you will get all your documents in a see through folder so it will be easy to pull it out esp in the crowd.

After cashier checks your PDS, you will be asked to pay the fee.. (on the guide, it will give you respective floors ). After paying the bills, you may go through the medical procedure.. Mine is xray first, then blood, urine, vital signs (heartbeart, pulse, BP, height, weight, etc), eyesight..Immunization interview : they ask you if you already had chicken pox and you have to show marks for it, also same with the CFG mark or keloid ( bakuna which is usually on the right/left upper arm) I had difficulty with mine since i didnt have a keloid from it...which usually happens when it was taken when you were just a baby. I also asked my mama what all are the immunization i was given when i was a child. It willl come handy on the interview.. Then you have the physical exam, in which they will check everything... ask you to take off everything.. breast, history of sickness.. if you were hospitalized, stuff like that.. (just answer as honestly as possible as they will know if you are saying the truth or not). And relax and manage to smile even if the doctor is not so nice.

then all is done..

you will be asked to get an appointment date for the results along with the receipt that you paid for.

NEXT DAY! painstaking waiting for me though... My second day didn't go that well..

2) passport

3) pics 2x2

4) pen

My schedule was 9am.. I thought coming in early will be of help.. I came in at 8:30 am, showed my appointment sked to the guard. Guard will check if your records are ok or not. If ok, if you agreed to take your immunization in Philippines, (coz you have an option to just take it in US), then you will proceed with immunization and just wait for the results at counter A-F. Painstaking waiting for your name to be called.

As for my case, my records are not in yet.. I was thinking either i came in too early that my records are not yet completed or my records were not just finished yet.. I got there at 8:30am, have to proceed to counter A.

After 2 hours... nothing yet... :angry::crying::help: I usually ask around from the staff there but they wouldn't really entertain any questions and would only inform you to wait for your turn. You will understand as you can see everyone doing their job and trying to serve as many people as possible. Patience here is actually needed. Good thing my sweetheart also called me when i asked him to, just for moral support. Since you couldn't approach any one for any answers, I managed to run after the other staff on the way to his lunch. So i told him that I've been waiting for my turn since more than 4 hours ago and would just like to ask if that's normal for that to happen. He said that he really doesn't know but said not to worry as if i get immunized for that day, i most probably will get the results the same day. I got some relief on that and went back to my seat and just a few mins after, my name was called. I had to wait until past 130pm before my name was called for the first time ---> immunization.. Before that it was really boring... may have to bring a book with you or something to do like ipod maybe or something you can do while waiting. I had my immunization by 1:40pm already.. The nurse was kinda perky when i had my shot.. Reminded me not to get pregnant within a month after the vaccine. hehehe... Then asked me to wait back to counter A-F for my name to be called again.. that means continuous waiting. My butt is aching from sitting already. Good to have my snacks with me. I finally got my final interview and results by 4 pm.. You have to have presence of mind on the last interview before they release the results. Sometimes they ask tricky questions. If you are unsure of the question, you can ask them again and make sure you understand each other or you are on the same page.

They took my passport and informed me that they will be the one to forward it to the embassy. gave me my xray film and had me sign all the paperwork that needs to be signed. They make us use the signature you had on the passport always.. So if you happen to have more than one signature, use the one on the passport. You may also ask the final interviewer if it means you are good with medical. Usually they say as the case may be, if you are immunized that means, your medical is ok. :thumbs: Got this from one of the friendly staff there, actually was my lucky charm. I went home exhausted and a bit fever from the vaccine. But Im really glad that it's done and over with..

Acel

THANKS FOR POSTING EXPERIENCE

I GOT MY MEDICAL SCHEDULE ON MARCH 4.

THIS SURELY WILL GUIDE ME.

FIRST DAY

then all is done..

2) passport

3) pics 2x2

4) pen

Acel

I will have my early medical on the 20th and 21st... thank you for the info. Goodluck on your interview.

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

Timeline
My fiance got in St. Lukes to do his early medical exam since 11:30 a.m..now its already 5:10 pm and he still waiting..i called him to ask what he still waiting for and he said the immunization! i thought the immunization be done on 2nd day of medical exam?weird!!anyway, i think i just need to wait for him to get done..he is very tired i can tell..poor little cute guy..how i wish i can be with him!!!...

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

^ hi sofia, there's an immunization interview on the first day where he will be asked of the vaccinations he received. but the vaccination will b on the 2nd day.

He should have come early and choose to have a medical on tuesdays - thursday...many people go to to St. luke's on Mondays and Fridays.

When i had my medical, it was wed -thurs, my 1st day - 6am - 9:30; 2nd day - 9am -10:30.

I bet he is hungry now, too... sorry to hear that your fiance is having a hard time at st Luke's

Im sure on his 2nd day, he'll just wait 2 hrs maximum of his medical result.

Edited by Noki

.png

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

FIRST DAY

then all is done..

2) passport

3) pics 2x2

4) pen

Acel

CONGRATS TO YOU, I'LL SAVE THIS INFO FOR MY FUTURE REFERENCE.. :yes: AND GOODLUCK FOR COMING INTERVIEW... :dance:

Timeline
^ hi sofia, there's an immunization interview on the first day where he will be asked of the vaccinations he received. but the vaccination will b on the 2nd day.

He should have come early and choose to have a medical on tuesdays - thursday...many people go to to St. luke's on Mondays and Fridays.

When i had my medical, it was wed -thurs, my 1st day - 6am - 9:30; 2nd day - 9am -10:30.

I bet he is hungry now, too... sorry to hear that your fiance is having a hard time at st Luke's

thanks!! yup! you are right..I told him not to go on monday bcoz too many people trying to do their medical on monday, but he won't listen..he is "pasaway minsan", but he is really cute :lol: ..i told him, do what you want to do and suffer :lol: ..anyway, 1st day of his medical was over..he needs to come back tomorrow @ 1 p.m for vaccination and the result..can't wait!

AOS Process:

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

thanks!! yup! you are right..I told him not to go on monday bcoz too many people trying to do their medical on monday, but he won't listen..he is "pasaway minsan", but he is really cute :lol: ..i told him, do what you want to do and suffer :lol: ..anyway, 1st day of his medical was over..he needs to come back tomorrow @ 1 p.m for vaccination and the result..can't wait!

He will be doing okay for sure. Wish you both goodluck. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

Timeline

He will be doing okay for sure. Wish you both goodluck. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks!!same to you! :thumbs:

AOS Process:

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

Timeline

Passed his medical exam.. :dance::dance::dance:

AOS Process:

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

Wow :dance::dance::dance: COnGRATULATIONS :whistle::yes: Interview is coming....Best luck :thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

Timeline

Wow :dance::dance::dance: COnGRATULATIONS :whistle::yes: Interview is coming....Best luck :thumbs:

Thanks amy..Goodluck to you too..my fiance told me that the only hard part on his medical is the part that he needs to take off all of his clothes :lol::lol::lol: ..he is so shy!!..he is cracking me up when i told him "there's no need for you to shy because u have smooth flawless skin and nice body!" :lol::lol: ..he just laugh :lol::lol: ..i miss him so much!

AOS Process:

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.