Crazy_Brit

Back to frustration

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

It has been so long since i was last obsessed with Visa Journey. I am back as i am going to send off my application to remove my conditions, plan to send it the end of Feb.

I have some questions

1) I came on K1 with my son K2 removing conditions for him on the same application as he still lives at home he is 18 i assume that is ok any red flags do you think? I have read and see none so far.

2) son's passport expires Oct this year, need to renew i know but what happens if his biometrics appointment comes in when he is waiting for a new passport?

3) Also son graduates school this year and planning to join the American Airforce we are going on Monday to see about this but i assume he will have to do his ciztizenship to join what would happen with his application then? Any ideas.

4) How long approx before you get your NOA1?

5) When do you get your letter to extend your current green Card?

Thanks all in advance.

Sharon

PS I see that some of the people I went through my K1 visa are still on the visajourney!!!

26th Nov 04 I29F sent to TCS

29th Nov 04 confirmation from post office that application recieved at TCS

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

8th Feb 05 APPROVED!!!!!! bloody hell I am in shock

12th Feb NOA2 arrives via snail mail

24th Feb Got NVC number

25th Feb email from NVC case has been forwarded to London

4th March Packet 3 received

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

4th March Sent packet 3 back recorded delivery

7th March packet received at Embassy via recorded delivery

28th April Medical in Edinburgh

6th May 2005 Interview thank god!!!! A date at last

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

23rd May flew to Atlanta GA

2nd July Married !!!!!

11th July sent of AOS and EAD

22nd July received NOA's for AOS and EAD

9th September succesfull with a walkin Atlanta for Biometrics

20th Oct had info pass for EAD, EAD issued for one year

4th May AOS interview Atlanta APPROVED!!!!

19th March 2008 Sent application to remove conditions

31st March 2008 received NOA

17th April 2008 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am waiting to remove conditions on myself and my son. I am waiting till April because that starts the 90 days for my son's Green Card to expire. Mine expires on May 25, his expires on July 19th. I want to send them in together. Do you know how much it costs for two people to remove conditions?

We will be sending them both into Texas I see. Hope the NOA comes not long after sending it in. I have to renew my lisence on May 17th.

Good to see you back on VJ.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

I am waiting to remove conditions on myself and my son. I am waiting till April because that starts the 90 days for my son's Green Card to expire. Mine expires on May 25, his expires on July 19th. I want to send them in together. Do you know how much it costs for two people to remove conditions?

We will be sending them both into Texas I see. Hope the NOA comes not long after sending it in. I have to renew my lisence on May 17th.

Good to see you back on VJ.

It costs a lot of money LOL like it always does it is around $645 i have it written down some where my runs out on the 5/8 so that is why i am sending mine off at the end of feb to be sure i am within the 90 days.

i feel like i have never left VJ

sharon

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

24th Feb Got NVC number

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

2nd July Married !!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the passport never comes into play during the removal of conditions process....

filing fee:

$465 (plus $80 biometric service fee)

Base petition fee plus $80 biometric services fee for all conditional resident applicants. Each conditional resident child listed under Part 5 of this form who is a dependent seeking to remove their conditional status, is required to submit an additional biometric services fee of $80, regardless of age.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all,

It has been so long since i was last obsessed with Visa Journey. I am back as i am going to send off my application to remove my conditions, plan to send it the end of Feb.

I have some questions

1) I came on K1 with my son K2 removing conditions for him on the same application as he still lives at home he is 18 i assume that is ok any red flags do you think? I have read and see none so far.

2) son's passport expires Oct this year, need to renew i know but what happens if his biometrics appointment comes in when he is waiting for a new passport?

3) Also son graduates school this year and planning to join the American Airforce we are going on Monday to see about this but i assume he will have to do his ciztizenship to join what would happen with his application then? Any ideas.

Thanks all in advance.

Sharon

PS I see that some of the people I went through my K1 visa are still on the visajourney!!!

3 - you can only apply for citizenship if you have been a permanent resident for at least 3 years... conditional or not...

4 & 5 - they are one in the same and it can take up to a month or longer to get the NOA/Extension letter....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Hi all,

I have some questions

Thanks all in advance.

Sharon

3 - you can only apply for citizenship if you have been a permanent resident for at least 3 years... conditional or not...

4 & 5 - they are one in the same and it can take up to a month or longer to get the NOA/Extension letter....

Thanks everyone for your help.

it is funny getting back into visa journey!

Sharon

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

24th Feb Got NVC number

2nd July Married !!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.