Nana_Afia_B

Real Talk

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am proudly african-american and I have lived in Georgia for one dreadful year. There is racism from white people to black people and from southern blacks to northern blacks. I HATED IT. So I packed up my crew and left the south and came right back to the mid-west.

*closes eyes, clicking heels* "there's no place like home, there's no place like home!" ^_^:dance:

I keep saying that too.....the midwest is much more tolerant of a lot of things I see as issues elsewhere. And some call us backward!!!!!

I am proudly african-american and I have lived in Georgia for one dreadful year. There is racism from white people to black people and from southern blacks to northern blacks. I HATED IT. So I packed up my crew and left the south and came right back to the mid-west.

*closes eyes, clicking heels* "there's no place like home, there's no place like home!" ^_^:dance:

Awwww man! Ya'll are not even helping. My sweetie has his heart set on moving closer to family. His family is in Missouri (somewhere else I didn't know black people lived but I've since learned of St. Louis). So, it's either Georgia or Missouri. I figure if I have to start over I want to feel some benefit out of it. I've convinced him to give NY a go first but I think he's thinking 1 year tops. Horrible man. He's planning to impregnate me asap. I think that's why he wants me near my mama! :jest::wub:

I guess this should be on the other post, some other post, but anyway. Do ya'll have plans for kids? My poor Bassi is hung up on me having his babies. Key is the plural, not the singular. I very much want to have babies but I'm such a worry wart and a planner that I feel like we have to have a 5 year plan. But I'm 33 so five years is pushing it. Do you guys have plans? Or have talked about it?

I've lived in St. Louis all my life. Never want to go elsewhere. Andre is doing well here.

Andre's sister lives in Brooklyn, NY. She's have a bit of a rough time.

I live in Upstate NY. Except for the snow, it's really a nice place to live. Close enough to NYC and Boston for a day trip. Close to Canada. Real Estate is very reasonable and available. Taxes are too high. Very multicultural community. Bassi and I are going to visit St. Louis, cause before I knew his family there, I didn't even know black people lived there. Maybe we'll be your new neighbors. :) What's the basis for employment there?

If you didn't know black people lived here then you obviously have never visited St. Louis. And Blacks of lots of nationalities. I personally know of some from Ghana, N. Africa, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, England, Canada.....We also feature such diversity as Latinos, Bosnians, Vietnamese, Chinese, Polish, Germans, Italians, Arabs.....I'm sure I am forgetting more I know. Different parts of the city contain areas specific to these nationalities with corresponding restaurants, Churches, grocery stores, etc. I am forever trying to guess which language I am hearing. And, amazingly, you never hear of warring areas or anything of that sort. It's a nice mixture of different cultures.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Jomo_G,

Are there any african clothing stores in your area?

If so, do they have a website or a mailing list for perspective customers?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.