sanfranguy

interview in juarez mexico

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

is there a time limit from the time the consulate sends out the packet that you have to go to the interview? i will have everything ready by then but my finances are gonna tie me up a bit to gather enough money to cover my flight, fiance and her daughters airfare, both their visa fees and medical exam fees and expenses for lodging and food for 3 days. im trying to get a good idea so i dont have to rush.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
is there a time limit from the time the consulate sends out the packet that you have to go to the interview? i will have everything ready by then but my finances are gonna tie me up a bit to gather enough money to cover my flight, fiance and her daughters airfare, both their visa fees and medical exam fees and expenses for lodging and food for 3 days. im trying to get a good idea so i dont have to rush.

The approval notice says it is to be used within 4 months, but...I have heard that once the embassy has your case in its hands from the NVC, that it is not a big deal to get an extension if you need it. People have suggested contacting the embassy, say a month before your NOA2 is set to expire, and tell them that you need more time. You might want to call them to verify this information....

Edited by zeroland

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.