jason&Marla

Feb./March Scheduled Interviews in Jamaica

269 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't think they are judging true love. I also don't think any of it is racially motivated. I think they are looking at the facts presented to them in the form of stories and documentation and using the knowledge they have built on over the years, some commen sense, plus the rules as presented to them and making informed judgements.

Sometimes I think they are right on. Others, I think they give way too much grief for.

agreed !

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Totally :ot: Here goes.

How are interviews scheduled anyways? Do they set aside certain amount of interview appointments for K-1, K-3, IR-1, CR-1, visitors, working visas? Or do they just randomly schedule them, as the applications are approved? Any thoughts or ideas on this for you experienced ones?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm going to fax it to him on saturday

what is the dress code for the interview? Jeans and Tims ok? or some dress slacks and shirt w/shoe's?

Firstly congrats to Gill!! We got approved on Tuesday as well!!!! You can wear whatever you want. There is no dresscode. If you have any shyness get rid of it because they talk to you through a speaker where everyone can hear what they say to you! We went there early, checked in. You have to the appt letter in your hand before they will let you in and they check for your name on the list. You go through security and metal detectors, and then take a short walk bacak to where the actual embassy is. You go to the check-in desk, the space is so small so make sure you stand where you can fit, but also so no one tries to take your spot in line. I carried a folder with dividers and all the forms very organized. The reception guy was so impressed. He asked for 4 photos, the DS 156/DS 157, the police, birth, non-impediment, and passport. He checked them and gave us a number and we went in and took a seat in section A. They called our number and requested the same docs the recptionist did, plus my tax info and I-134. She was tossing our stuff around, guess she was having a bad day, but then she asked me to stand to the left and let Andrew be in the center. She checked the docs, kept them and told us to proceed to section B. In section B, you just wait to be called for fingerprinting. Andrew had trouble with this. He is an electrical technician at Federated Pharmaceutical and they work him to the bone literally. The guy had trouble trying to get his fingerprints because they were rubbed off a bit. After that you proceed to section C. This is where you can hear everyone's interview. So many people got denied or turned around because they didn't have all the docs. If you can go with your fiance to this interview..please do! Those who were there without their partner were given a very hard time. Everyone was getting denied left and right and you could hear every reason why...not all the docs, not making enough money, one guy was being fraudulent. He had tried to sneak into the US before. Lots of people were lying when asked questions.....how did you meet, when, when did you get engaged, how, how do you know they love you, where is proof....ect. It was so scary to watch. Then our number was called....we got to the window and had to swear to tell the truth. She asked us how long we have been talking Andrew said Dec. 23, 2005..I said...no, it's 2006. Then she asked how we met and he said myspace.com. Then she got hard in asking well how is it the two of you got together, do you want to marry everyone there, do you date all who sends you a message...just gave him a hard time. He stutters a bit at times, but this time he was having an extremely hard time, so I asked if I could answer, she was rude and said no..he should no for himself. Finally she let me answer, truth is he went blank. Then she asked him when the wedding was and we said June and she told me in my statement of intent I out April, and I said yeah because I didn't know Jamaica would take so long so we had to push it back! Then she asked him what kind of work I do and he answered. Then she granted us the visa. Told us to have a happy marriage! I should have been happy, which I was, but I was so upset with Andrew because he forgot and tensed up..we went to airpack just across the street, and then we left. I apologized to Andrew, we made up and had a great day and I am looking forward to him being here soon. His family is not so happy because he is leaving. They feel like he is abandoning them. his mom won't speak to him and all....so much. if they only would remember how they felt when they found love..once you find it, you do what you have to to keep it and help it grow. We also went to the movies that night. It was his first time there at Carib. We went to see Step Up 2. I had already watched it before. It was a lovely evening and now my family and I are just awaiting his arrival....and our big day...June 7, 2008 @ 2pm!!! To God be the glory for all He has done!! He is good all the time and all the time He is good!!! Sorry so long, but I want you to have as much info about going to the interview as possible. If anyone has any questions, let me know. God bless you all!!

Congrats :thumbs:

Timeline

what is the dress code for the interview? Jeans and Tims ok? or some dress slacks and shirt w/shoe's?

Firstly congrats to Gill!! We got approved on Tuesday as well!!!! You can wear whatever you want. There is no dresscode. If you have any shyness get rid of it because they talk to you through a speaker where everyone can hear what they say to you! We went there early, checked in. You have to the appt letter in your hand before they will let you in and they check for your name on the list. You go through security and metal detectors, and then take a short walk bacak to where the actual embassy is. You go to the check-in desk, the space is so small so make sure you stand where you can fit, but also so no one tries to take your spot in line. I carried a folder with dividers and all the forms very organized. The reception guy was so impressed. He asked for 4 photos, the DS 156/DS 157, the police, birth, non-impediment, and passport. He checked them and gave us a number and we went in and took a seat in section A. They called our number and requested the same docs the recptionist did, plus my tax info and I-134. She was tossing our stuff around, guess she was having a bad day, but then she asked me to stand to the left and let Andrew be in the center. She checked the docs, kept them and told us to proceed to section B. In section B, you just wait to be called for fingerprinting. Andrew had trouble with this. He is an electrical technician at Federated Pharmaceutical and they work him to the bone literally. The guy had trouble trying to get his fingerprints because they were rubbed off a bit. After that you proceed to section C. This is where you can hear everyone's interview. So many people got denied or turned around because they didn't have all the docs. If you can go with your fiance to this interview..please do! Those who were there without their partner were given a very hard time. Everyone was getting denied left and right and you could hear every reason why...not all the docs, not making enough money, one guy was being fraudulent. He had tried to sneak into the US before. Lots of people were lying when asked questions.....how did you meet, when, when did you get engaged, how, how do you know they love you, where is proof....ect. It was so scary to watch. Then our number was called....we got to the window and had to swear to tell the truth. She asked us how long we have been talking Andrew said Dec. 23, 2005..I said...no, it's 2006. Then she asked how we met and he said myspace.com. Then she got hard in asking well how is it the two of you got together, do you want to marry everyone there, do you date all who sends you a message...just gave him a hard time. He stutters a bit at times, but this time he was having an extremely hard time, so I asked if I could answer, she was rude and said no..he should no for himself. Finally she let me answer, truth is he went blank. Then she asked him when the wedding was and we said June and she told me in my statement of intent I out April, and I said yeah because I didn't know Jamaica would take so long so we had to push it back! Then she asked him what kind of work I do and he answered. Then she granted us the visa. Told us to have a happy marriage! I should have been happy, which I was, but I was so upset with Andrew because he forgot and tensed up..we went to airpack just across the street, and then we left. I apologized to Andrew, we made up and had a great day and I am looking forward to him being here soon. His family is not so happy because he is leaving. They feel like he is abandoning them. his mom won't speak to him and all....so much. if they only would remember how they felt when they found love..once you find it, you do what you have to to keep it and help it grow. We also went to the movies that night. It was his first time there at Carib. We went to see Step Up 2. I had already watched it before. It was a lovely evening and now my family and I are just awaiting his arrival....and our big day...June 7, 2008 @ 2pm!!! To God be the glory for all He has done!! He is good all the time and all the time He is good!!! Sorry so long, but I want you to have as much info about going to the interview as possible. If anyone has any questions, let me know. God bless you all!!

How long did the whole interview process take.....my husband is very impatient and I don't him to get mad with them people. and he is very ignorant.......oh lord i'm so nervous it's unreal.

Filed: Timeline

How long did the whole interview process take.....my husband is very impatient and I don't him to get mad with them people. and he is very ignorant.......oh lord i'm so nervous it's unreal.

Dimples...mek mi start pray fi unu fram now. Tell him to leave all that at the door. This is too much of an important day. I can understand your nervousness. I'll pray for ya'll.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Dimples...mek mi start pray fi unu fram now. Tell him to leave all that at the door. This is too much of an important day. I can understand your nervousness. I'll pray for ya'll.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :thumbs:

Thank You so Much! :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations on the approval!!

Marla did'nt get denied, the lady told her everything will be fine just bring back proof of the file I-130. Did you have that form at the interview?

Thank you! I don't even know what the I-130 is. Honestly never heard of it. Are you K-1 or K-3? I am K-1. Maybe that may be the difference. I can ask my lawyer for you if you need me too. I hope I didn't offend you. I wasn't talking about Marla in particular with the denials and all. There were so many!! Anyhow, let me know so I can look into it for you or gather info if I can. We are all in this together!! Be blessed!!

No you did'nt offend me at all......K1 does'nt file I-130 ........I think all we have to do is wait for a follow-up appt to be sheduled but any extra info is always great. What day is your husband coming to America? Bought plane tickets? And how much?

Cool!! I am trying to get him here this weekend. I have not brought the plane tickets yet just in case it takes longer than intended. He's not my hubby yet...June 7th will be the day :)!! This airpak express people never answer their phone. They have a visa tracking link, but it is not accepting the info so I just emailed them and I am still trying to call to get a status update. Again...it is the waiting game.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Marla did'nt get denied, the lady told her everything will be fine just bring back proof of the file I-130. Did you have that form at the interview?

Thank you! I don't even know what the I-130 is. Honestly never heard of it. Are you K-1 or K-3? I am K-1. Maybe that may be the difference. I can ask my lawyer for you if you need me too. I hope I didn't offend you. I wasn't talking about Marla in particular with the denials and all. There were so many!! Anyhow, let me know so I can look into it for you or gather info if I can. We are all in this together!! Be blessed!!

No you did'nt offend me at all......K1 does'nt file I-130 ........I think all we have to do is wait for a follow-up appt to be sheduled but any extra info is always great. What day is your husband coming to America? Bought plane tickets? And how much?

Cool!! I am trying to get him here this weekend. I have not brought the plane tickets yet just in case it takes longer than intended. He's not my hubby yet...June 7th will be the day :)!! This airpak express people never answer their phone. They have a visa tracking link, but it is not accepting the info so I just emailed them and I am still trying to call to get a status update. Again...it is the waiting game.

I hope he gets to you this weekend, Delta is the cheapest tickets i can find through expedia.com

And, try this # 202-663-1225 they can tell you if the visa has been issued (printed). Hit 1 then 0 and you will speak to an operator, give them your kng#

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Timeline

I hope he gets to you this weekend, Delta is the cheapest tickets i can find through expedia.com

And, try this # 202-663-1225 they can tell you if the visa has been issued (printed). Hit 1 then 0 and you will speak to an operator, give them your kng#

Thanks Jason......I will have to keep this number handy

I wonder how long after you get approve you will be able to call and check status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dimples, I am sending pure positive vibes for hubby & his interview tomorrow! :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

nbesaw - Congrats on the approval. I know you are so excited and happy that honey will be here before you know it. The embassy is the biggest problem. Do you know if the embassy has printed the visa yet? That's where the problem lies. Once it's been printed, Airpak tries not to sleep on it; they deliver as soon as they can.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
Dimples, I am sending pure positive vibes for hubby & his interview tomorrow! :thumbs:

Thank....I will be going to be early I'm leaving work early tomorrow because I know I won't be able to focus talking to them miserable providers tomorrow with there stupid questions.

Once I get the word from my husband I will let every one know.

I thank every one that has been very supportive since I join this wonderful website.

Timeline

Thank....I will be going to be early I'm leaving work early tomorrow because I know I won't be able to focus talking to them miserable providers tomorrow with there stupid questions.

Once I get the word from my husband I will let every one know.

I thank every one that has been very supportive since I join this wonderful website.

Mi caan wait. For the life of me, I thought everyone's interview was tomorrow. When Gill emailed me with the good news last week, I felt so bad because I didn't come online to wish everyone blessings :(

Dimples, I am sure everything is going to be fine.

Jason - I am praying for you and Marla.

nbesaw - while I am doing my exam on June 7th, I will send positive vibes your way that you have a beautiful wedding day (L). I will be praying for you!

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.