RonMay

learn how to speak Spanish

20 posts in this topic

hi all!!!

well my husband suggested for me to learn spanish knowing ive been looking for a job for weeks now and most of the listings always states "bi-lingual is a plus preferably spanish"... here i am interested in a job position yet i dont have any experience and cant speak spansih (well not fluently in a way to make a conversation)... so i guess i would enrol myself in a class...

would online class will do? or its better to be in classroom settings... anyone have gone thru this or will going to? let me know... peace and God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

hi all!!!

well my husband suggested for me to learn spanish knowing ive been looking for a job for weeks now and most of the listings always states "bi-lingual is a plus preferably spanish"... here i am interested in a job position yet i dont have any experience and cant speak spansih (well not fluently in a way to make a conversation)... so i guess i would enrol myself in a class...

would online class will do? or its better to be in classroom settings... anyone have gone thru this or will going to? let me know... peace and God bless!!!

You can do it.. Just remember learning spanish from a class is alot different from learning it on the streets or by other spanish speaking people I mean, I know I grew up speaking the language. If your really interested I know you can do it am sure of it.. Just don't quit to early and hold your head up!!

Edited by djturbo

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

hi all!!!

this is my problem too.. well not becuz am looking for a job, but becuz my asawa is half-spanish and her mom doesn't speak english but only spanish!! :crying: i bought an english-spanish/spanish-english dictionary but i found it so hard to learn just all by my self.. i know it's gonna be easier for me to learn the language when i finally get to be with him and be around his family especially his mom. thanks for your post, hope lots of people will share ideas on how to make the learning easier!

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

09-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

10-08-07 DS-3032/AOS fee bill generated

10-14-07 AOS bill payment mailed from Philippines

10-15-07 e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

10-25-07 DS-3032 entered in the system

10-29-07 IV fee bill generated

10-31-07 AOS Fee Bill processed

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

11-26-07 I-864 Mailed to NVC

11-10-07 Received IV Fee Bill

11-13-07 Paid IV Fee Bill

11-19-07 IV Bill accepted

11-26-07 DS-230 generated

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

12-10-07 DS-230 Sent to NVC

01-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

02-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila (6:30am!!!)

hi all!!!

You can do it.. Just remember learning spanish from a class is alot different from learning it on the streets or by other spanish speaking people I mean, I know I grew up speaking the language. If your really interested I know you can do it am sure of it.. Just don't quite to early and hold your head up!!

hey thanks! you're right about the difference between learning in the class or by a book than on the street... for example my english or filipino english lol... mostly we learned it by book and we used formal or constructional sentences and my husband will correct me from it and i know i said it right yet for him its too much ENGLISH or too formal i guess lol... now im using "gona, wana, shoulda, coulda, drippin, flippin, aint" lol which my english prof will kill me if he knows im using these words... :wacko:

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

hey thanks! you're right about the difference between learning in the class or by a book than on the street... for example my english or filipino english lol... mostly we learned it by book and we used formal or constructional sentences and my husband will correct me from it and i know i said it right yet for him its too much ENGLISH or too formal i guess lol... now im using "gona, wana, shoulda, coulda, drippin, flippin, aint" lol which my english prof will kill me if he knows im using these words... :wacko:

:lol:

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

hi all!!!

Tell you husband that he should suggest that spanish speakers learn English... Hello... Better yet, make them learn Tagalog :D

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Tell you husband that he should suggest that Spanish speakers learn English... Hello... Better yet, make them learn Tagalog :D

How rude of you Uling!! How about letting them do what-ever they feel like doing?!! :angry:

Edited by djturbo

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Tell you husband that he should suggest that Spanish speakers learn English... Hello... Better yet, make them learn Tagalog :D

How rude of you Uling!! How about letting them do what-ever they feel like doing?!! :angry:

I'm hoping that you are not serious because I'm not... :devil:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I'm hoping that you are not serious because I'm not... :devil:

NOT funny! Don't make us look for a different Ambassador!! :lol:

Edited by djturbo

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Don't worry, it will be easier for you to learn Spanish as some of our Tagalog words are also partly in Spanish (just different in the Spelling). And it would be better to enroll than to learn from a book, since you need to hear how they speak and pronounce the words.

Como esta usted? Como se llama? Gracias? :blush:

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

hey Uling my husband wants to know filipino but he doesnt have much patience or the "time" lol... so i guess im betting same with the others who cant speak english... well now i called 2 local school in my area but they havent replied yet. we'll see how it goes...

buen dia a todos! :P

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

hey Uling my husband wants to know filipino but he doesnt have much patience or the "time" lol... so i guess im betting same with the others who cant speak english... well now i called 2 local school in my area but they havent replied yet. we'll see how it goes...

buen dia a todos! :P

Good luck!! :thumbs:

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Audio is the best medium for learning a foreign langauge. There are a some free websites for learning Spanish.

Yo no hablo español con fluidez

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Actually, I'm a filipina (I am the sponsor I should say, coz everyone thinks I'm the beneficiary) who migrated here in FL about 14 years ago. Having lived in Miami, I have learned a little bit of Spanish. I can actually make conversation and I understand most of it now. It definitely helps (especially if your in-laws only speaks Spanish). I had previous experience with that with my previous relationshipS. Spanish is very close to our language, Tagalog. It's fairly easy to learn but the best way to learn is to be able to pratice it...so have your husband talk to you in spanish once in a while.

By the way, there are many available learning CDs and even videos that you can use to help you learn. Goodluck learning:)

(F)(F)(F) Mensaje por mi amor:

Te amo con todo mi corazon (L) ! Te extrano mucho! ;)

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

(F)(F)(F) Mensaje por mi amor:

Te amo con todo mi corazon (L) ! Te extrano mucho! ;)

Uhhh, Mira que lindo eres. Yo tambien quiero dar le el mismo Mesaje a mi Esposa. Pero con mas AMOR hehe!! (L)(L)

Edited by djturbo

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.