richlyn

pls help who knows about birth cert.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everybody

i have two kids my eldest son birth cert. used his father surname and put there date and place of married but we not legally married even no ceremonies happen, i never been married to the father of my kids ,he did hes for my son coz to used his surname as before the civil code not allowed to used the father name if the parents not legally married, ,but my daughter birth cert. she still used her father family name same as my eldest son surname, but her birth cert. PUT NONE MARRIED, its mean she ILLEGITIMATE CHILD coz they say we have new civil code since 2005 allowed to used the child father surname who are parents not married,

my question is, you think will it be a problem to be deny or a granted a visa coz of my son birth cert, they put there married but is not true ?PLS HELP :help: :help:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US AND GOD BLESS!!!!

lyn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everybody

i have two kids my eldest son birth cert. used his father surname and put there date and place of married but we not legally married even no ceremonies happen, i never been married to the father of my kids ,he did hes for my son coz to used his surname as before the civil code not allowed to used the father name if the parents not legally married, ,but my daughter birth cert. she still used her father family name same as my eldest son surname, but her birth cert. PUT NONE MARRIED, its mean she ILLEGITIMATE CHILD coz they say we have new civil code since 2005 allowed to used the child father surname who are parents not married,

my question is, you think will it be a problem to be deny or a granted a visa coz of my son birth cert, they put there married but is not true ?PLS HELP :help: :help:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US AND GOD BLESS!!!!

hi, my answer to your question is NO. we have the same dilemma which haunted me for a long time while my K1 petition was in the process and my kids are K2 derivatives. i went to the main branch of DSWD in Manila and got to talk to a very friendly and supportive social worker. i brought up to her about my situation( the same situation as you are now), she told me that i have nothing to worry since i am not married to my kid's father. she even referred to me a lawyer which i can seek for an advice. the lawyer made a certified affidavit (affidavit of a fictitious marriage) to explain that the place and date of marriage shown on the kid's BC's are all fictitious and no legal marriage had occurred. i used the affidavit when i requested the kid's passports, i also gave a copy of my CENOMAR.

don't worry too much about such thing, all you need to do is gather all the necessary documents to prove of a genuine relationship. that's all that matters. and of course PRAYERS can do a lot too!

GOOD LUCK on your visa journey and GOD BLESS!

ana

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi ana

thank you so much for reply in my post message,i hope and i always pray this coming my interview, wish me luck...

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS TO ALL OF US.............

LYN

hi, my answer to your question is NO. we have the same dilemma which haunted me for a long time while my K1 petition was in the process and my kids are K2 derivatives. i went to the main branch of DSWD in Manila and got to talk to a very friendly and supportive social worker. i brought up to her about my situation( the same situation as you are now), she told me that i have nothing to worry since i am not married to my kid's father. she even referred to me a lawyer which i can seek for an advice. the lawyer made a certified affidavit (affidavit of a fictitious marriage) to explain that the place and date of marriage shown on the kid's BC's are all fictitious and no legal marriage had occurred. i used the affidavit when i requested the kid's passports, i also gave a copy of my CENOMAR.

don't worry too much about such thing, all you need to do is gather all the necessary documents to prove of a genuine relationship. that's all that matters. and of course PRAYERS can do a lot too!

GOOD LUCK on your visa journey and GOD BLESS!

ana

HI there to you Ana, you help alot on this QUESTION on my MIND too. Well, my problem is i mispelled my SURNAME on my BIOGRAPHY but we had already the interview date. I put SARINGAN instead of SARIÑGAN. bcause i dont know how to use the sign "Ñ" bfore. My daughter is illegimate too coz its my surname used. I used SARINGAN on my CENOMAR it appears that i had married then i follow my BC with SARIÑGAN it came out that I AM SINGLE. Though i am really single ever. Can you please try to HELP me too if I NEED TO HAVE AN AFFIDAVIT OF FICTITIOUS THAT YOU'VE GOT TOO? Please give me some advice Ana. Do i need to call the USEMBASSY and FAX them that i have a correction on my SURNAME? Thank you so much in advance ANA....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.