2 posts in this topic

I recently came here to visit my husband from the UK, who was home from Iraq on the

vwp and after 2 months of trying to leave we decided to apply for AOS. It was sent off and received on the Jan 23rd, but my VW status runs out on Feb 8th. I made an appointment with infopass and spoke to an immigration officer and he advised me that I will be fine evenif my visa runs out as long as we file the application before Feb 8th. Has anyone been through this or is going through this I'm so nervous about being out of Status with a pending application. The last thing I wanna be doing is breaking the law

Edited by lkekandi

CR-1 Journey

Got married...again...: 02/04/2008

I-130 sent: 02/07/2008

Left my husband after 3 wonderful months together: 02/07/2008

I-130 received @ INS 804616 signed for be V Bustamnte

Checked Cashed:03/05/2008

NOA1: 03/04/2008

Touched: 03/06/2008

Touched: 03/07/2008

Touched: 03/09/2008

Touched: 03/10/2008

AOS Journey

AOS pack sent- 05/07/2008

Biometrics-05/30/2008

RFE medical- 06/20/2008

I-130 09/23/2008 APPROVED

RFE Tax return- October

Advance Parole- 11/23/2008

GC interview NOA- 11/30/2008

Work Permit 12/12/2008

GC Interview- 01/05/2009 APPROVED!!!!!

I recently came here to visit my husband from the UK, who was home from Iraq on the

vwp and after 2 months of trying to leave we decided to apply for AOS. It was sent off and received on the Jan 23rd, but my VW status runs out on Feb 8th. I made an appointment with infopass and spoke to an immigration officer and he advised me that I will be fine evenif my visa runs out as long as we file the application before Feb 8th. Has anyone been through this or is going through this I'm so nervous about being out of Status with a pending application. The last thing I wanna be doing is breaking the law

Your status is pending. You can reside in the US, but leaving without AOS approval would be considered abandoning your application.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.